• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Out of all this, I am very pleased with what Timmy did. He made this a good game. Delaney made some few clutch shots as well. But damn, Timmy cutting/attacking to the basket and hitting clutch shots especially that double pump bank 3 was nice. A L is an L but at least it Timmy/Delaney made it interesting and exciting. I wish Timmy would be the one taking the last shot in that situation. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Bud is not going to coach as bad and oddly as he did last night but this just isn't a good matchup for Howard and Sefolosha.

I hope you are right about Bud but I have my doubts..He gets locked into a regular rotation regardless of the competition and then react when things are going extremely poorly. Managing the team's personnel is just not a strength particularly on game night.  Boston's coach definately came into this game with a strategy...Bud on the other hand looked at it like it was just another game.  It wasn't until the oh shit moments down by 20 that he realized it wasn't just another game for the players to just go thruogh their regular rotation into the lineup.  I hope he improves!

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I hope you are right about Bud but I have my doubts..He gets locked into a regular rotation regardless of the competition and then react when things are going extremely poorly. Managing the team's personnel is just not a strength particularly on game night.  Boston's coach definately came into this game with a strategy...Bud on the other hand looked at it like it was just another game.  It wasn't until the oh shit moments down by 20 that he realized it wasn't just another game for the players to just go thruogh their regular rotation into the lineup.  I hope he improves!

I mean this was worse than normal stuff. I don't like his substitution patterns but he usually isn't as bad as he is with other stuff.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I mean this was worse than normal stuff. I don't like his substitution patterns but he usually isn't as bad as he is with other stuff.

What do you think is wrong with him?  Why play Moose at center at all particularly when he can't hit a shot?

• Moderators

Most positive thing I can say is (1) Timmy was great and Delaney had one of his best games of the year and (2) everyone else had a $)&! Game (especially Dennis) and we only lost by 2 on a last second shot.  Not a fun game to watch.

Seems like everyone on our side was over hyped and off their usual rhythm.  As much as I hate IT, he and a big shooting game from Kelly were the difference makers for their team yesterday. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

Most positive thing I can say is (1) Timmy was great and Delaney had one of his best games of the year and (2) everyone else had a $)&! Game (especially Dennis) and we only lost by 2 9 on a last second shot.  Not a fun game to watch.

Seems like everyone on our side was over hyped and off their usual rhythm.  As much as I hate IT, he and a big shooting game from Kelly were the difference makers for their team yesterday. 

I though Millsap played well and so did Dunlevey. Humphries looked good too in his 4 minutes of play thanks to Bud's bromance now with Muscala!

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I though Millsap played well and so did Dunlevey. Humphries looked good too in his 4 minutes of play thanks to Bud bromance now with Muscala!

Sap was solid.  Should have mentioned that.

Dun was what you expect- positionally solid but can't keep up on D, hit a few jumpers.  Only looks anything resembling "playing well" compared to Baze's dumpster fire play.

Cant understand the love for Moose and refusal to play Hump.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Humphries looked good too in his 4 minutes of play thanks to Bud bromance now with Muscala!

I just don't understand playing Hump only 4 minutes. Send Hump in to 'goon' it up a lil, smh at Moose.

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Horford looked way better than Dwight. Horford haters, time to admit that losing Al pretty much killed this teams now and future unless we blow it up

You know what those are?

Those are examples of rebound totals that we got from Horford.  We asked your beloved play for us with the same money he's making beside D8... and he said, I'd rather go to Boston.  I believe he was sure that we'd be successful and D8 would get the credit. 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Lurker said:

Howard against 5 out offenses is a disaster on defense. He was 4-4 but if you watched the game this is where the little things from Horford were missed horribly. When the Hawks were not treating Thomas like LeBron, they were allowing backdoor cut after backdoor cut even without him in the game. There was no communication defensively with Howard in and despite it being a bad defensive lineup communication on defense was a lot better when the second unit came in in the third and fourth quarter and it stopped momentum.

Dennis was really bad. I think better play by him would've helped but wouldn't have been a game changer with the first unit. Any plays the Hawks ran inside were noticeably swallowed up (there was a set play ran to get Howard an easy basket but Horford recognized it and took the ball away from him with ease). They played better with Delaney but only really found it offensively with a spacing unit...which is when he was in.

Coaching.   When I saw Howard out on the perimeter defending... I knew we were in trouble.   Bud has to be able to work his defense around having a bonafide rim protector.    That means that when D8 is in the game, he's always protecting the rim and never switching out and people are funneling players into him.   Where is Lenny Wilkens when you need advisement. 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

Sap was solid.  Should have mentioned that.

Dun was what you expect- positionally solid but can't keep up on D, hit a few jumpers.  Only looks anything resembling "playing well" compared to Baze's dumpster fire play.

Cant understand the love for Moose and refusal to play Hump.

I give Dun a little more credit than you.  For a guy who didn't know the playbook, he came in and he played some veteran Basketball.  I especially liked seeing him have the confidence to bring the ball up.   Defensively, he's older so he's not as fast, but he knew what to do.   He can't switch off on Thomas and expect to stop him, but he tried. 

It's a sad day in SquawkTown.  Part of the reason I came here was because of @NBASupes.  I thought he had some decent ideas.  Bucked the status quo, etc.

Today I'm officially putting him on ignore.  Dude, if you want to be a Selltics fan go ahead.  Openly gloating after last night's loss is unacceptable IMHO.  Neither Howard nor Horford were the difference in that game.  Cherry picking stats to try to make the case for wHorford is ridiculous and puts your clear bias on display.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

It's a sad day in SquawkTown.  Part of the reason I came here was because of @NBASupes.  I thought he had some decent ideas.  Bucked the status quo, etc.

Today I'm officially putting him on ignore.  Dude, if you want to be a Selltics fan go ahead.  Openly gloating after last night's loss is unacceptable IMHO.  Neither Howard nor Horford were the difference in that game.  Cherry picking stats to try to make the case for wHorford is ridiculous and puts your clear bias on display.

I don't see any reason to put me ignore. Lurker said it best, Dwight gets lost on the perimeter with shooters all over the place. What I would like him getting 20 points or more in the paint with games like this. Dennis was terrible as well. But put the blame on me. I am the reason the Hawks lost to the Celtics.

9 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

NBA officials admit the Hardaway hit to the head on the 3 at the end but not the goaltending call...BS

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/01/L2M-BOS-ATL-01-13-17.pdf

I don't get it. Everyone saw the goaltending at the end of the quarter and the NBA won't admit it?

Dont they need to be held accountable?

29 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I don't get it. Everyone saw the goaltending at the end of the quarter and the NBA won't admit it?

Dont they need to be held accountable?

The report only is about the last two minutes of the game.

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

But put the blame on me. I am the reason the Hawks lost to the Celtics.

No one on here said that. Were just tired of hearing about one single player from another team over and over no matter the thread.