• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

Just face it the Hawks are never going to be able to compete with bottom feeders like Detroit and Minnesota, they can only compete with top tier teams. This is totally a reflection of poor coaching that can't get players motivated to play garbage teams.

I'd say it's a leadership problem moreso than a coaching issue.  Like, I believe, Stan Van said earlier in the year, these guys are professionals.  They shouldn't need a 'win one for the gipper' speech to get motivated to compete.  Budz shouldn't have to get the cattle prod out just because they're not facing a contender.

Effort has been a problem all season until the trade rumor stuff popped. Now that that's been 'settled' the effort issue rears it's ugly head again?  Will they have to lop off another piece of the 'core'?

Baze to SAC for WCS (just to get off his contract) anyone?

• Moderators

Moderator Hat On

Both posters have been issued formal warnings.  That is not going to be tolerated on this site.  Put someone on ignore if they are going to set you off like that.  Don't take the bait and swing back if someone comes at you.  You don't want to get punished like they do.  Both of you guys are better than that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Even after 3 or 4 minutes I knew it was bad news.  You could see that we had that look of 'i've forgotten how to play basketball'.  When Sap went to the bench with 2 fouls the game was over.   

This is still majority a wing a problem.   I'm not sure we took the ball inside the 3 point line for the first 5 minutes of the game.  Just passed it back and forth.  You can blame Dennis for some of it but when the guys you pass the ball to immediately freak out when someone plays D on them and just passes the ball back there isn't a lot to do other than call every play for Sap.  Which is what we started doing until he went out.   

Baze/Thabo is not the answer as starters.   Tim/Thabo is an improvement but i'm not even sure that moves the needle that far.   Lou Williams can't get here soon enough.  I don't care how bad his defense is at this point.  

What do you mean? Lou is coming back?

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, AHF said:

Moderator Hat On

Both posters have been issued formal warnings.  That is not going to be tolerated on this site.  Put someone on ignore if they are going to set you off like that.  Don't take the bait and swing back if someone comes at you.  You don't want to get punished like they do.  Both of you guys are better than that.

Thank you. If someone bothers you that much put them on ignore and go on with your life here at the Squawk. There is no need to ever post the kinds of things that were removed from this thread.

I'm with "For the love of" Holman on this one: Sunday-Monday daytime back-to-backs wiped these guys out. That's all I got...

1 hour ago, Trout7 said:

Just face it the Hawks are never going to be able to compete with bottom feeders like Detroit and Minnesota, they can only compete with top tier teams. This is totally a reflection of poor coaching that can't get players motivated to play garbage teams.

It's just a sign that unless we play our A-B+ game, we are not a decent team. I see why Bud wanted to trade everyone. 

• Like 1

You can´t always criticize Dennis every time the hawks lose a game. He is definitely playing a great first saison as a starting pg. you should better blame our big men for not getting a f***** rebound!!! i mean, how many second chance did the pistons got? Even if they couldn´t make the second chance shots they often got fouled and made the easy 2 points. That´s a problem i thought we would have solved with signing dwight but he was totally off the court last night.. yesterday we had the same problems as last year. bad perimeter d, no rebounding. The offense didn´t look well but that´s not only because of dennis. the ballmovement was terrible but what could dennis do if his teammates give him the ball instantly back as if it was a hot potato...

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

There's two posters in this thread that should be given time outs or suspended for what they posted. This is a family friendly site and that kind of stuff is not cool.

They don't need anyone encouraging them to keep fighting either @kg01 that stuff was crude and a little threatening, no need for that ever on this site.

Good for you @Sothron

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Oh I see

OK fine

@kg01  You got told off. good.  You might need a time out

Send+To+Timeout.gif

57 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Thank you. If someone bothers you that much put them on ignore and go on with your life here at the Squawk. There is no need to ever post the kinds of things that were removed from this thread.

Ahhh boo.  I was wondering what the beef was about.  Put the posts back up, please.  After last night we need a little entertainment.  We're all big boys and girls here lol.

Just half-kidding though.  The mods do an excellent job. 

If I remember correctly that dude Quasar cussed me out succinctly about Joe and never returned.  It was awesome.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Ahhh boo.  I was wondering what the beef was about.  Put the posts back up, please.  After last night we need a little entertainment.  We're all big boys and girls here lol.

Just half-kidding though.  The mods do an excellent job. 

If I remember correctly that dude Quasar cussed me out succinctly about Joe and never returned.  It was awesome.

We don't need that kind of junk. I'm sure someone can PM you what happened but those posts don't ever need to see the light of day again. Our mods do a great job here and this thread is a good example of why they are needed at times.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

We stink so bad we'll probably end up with basically the same record as last year with Horford and Teague.

200.gif#16

Kinda hope you let out a hearty, Ric Flair-esque, "Whoo!"

13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yes.  that's what i meant.  someone who isn't afraid to try to score.   

Lou demands a fried chicken provision in his contract before he can return to play for Bud.  Roscoes got him hooked.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1