• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks

lethalweapon3

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

These slow starts are getting tiresome, real tiresome.

How many times in a season can you come out and be totally unprepared? Is there even a point to getting really mad?

It's just like: "Oh,, another one of these..."

I think coach Bud's time is up. It was a nice short little run he had, but he can't motivate the team any longer. Sure,, they had a great comeback the other night, but those have been extremely rare this year. This team is way too flawed to be a playoff threat. Either you package Splitter and either Thabo/Bazemore to get a quality swingman or its going to be a first round exit.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

Just now, Lurker said:

I think I'm on board. Either a trade needs to be executed for Melo or Millsap needs to be traded. And I'd still think this even if Horford was here.

LOL . . you don't trade Melo for Millsap.   That's counterproductive as hell.  You trade Baze, while his value is a little better now.

Melo should only be added if the Hawks are serious about competing for a title.  Not to just stay competitive.   Melo would probably reject a trade that saw Millsap leave anyway.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . you don't trade Melo for Millsap.   That's counterproductive as hell.  You trade Baze, while his value is a little better now.

Melo should only be added if the Hawks are serious about competing for a title.  Not to just stay competitive.   Melo would probably reject a trade that saw Millsap leave anyway.

I mean either or. Either you trade for Melo or trade Millsap and start the rebuild.

52 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

How many times in a season can you come out and be totally unprepared? Is there even a point to getting really mad?

It's just like: "Oh,, another one of these..."

I think coach Bud's time is up. It was a nice short little run he had, but he can't motivate the team any longer. Sure,, they had a great comeback the other night, but those have been extremely rare this year. This team is way too flawed to be a playoff threat. Either you package Splitter and either Thabo/Bazemore to get a quality swingman or its going to be a first round exit.

I'm curious to see how the team would look if Ressler got his own guy instead of inheriting Ferry's leftovers.

He seems likes a guy who'd want to run a more fun offense like GS's.