• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards: GAME 2

lethalweapon3

Dennis with 15 Assists and 3 TOs in the POs so far. He could have had more assists but our wings are bricking a lot of shots so...anyway

Assist/TO : 5 (!)

The team has 35 Assists and 37 TOs. 

-> Assist% Schröder: 43

-> TO%: 8

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

Dennis with 15 Assists and 3 TOs in the POs so far. He could have had more assists but our wings are bricking a lot of shots so...anyway

Assist/TO : 5 (!)

The team has 35 Assists and 37 TOs. 

-> Assist% Schröder: 43

-> TO%: 8

He's been really good. Wall has been great. Fans need to respect that Dennis has been our 2nd best player but that's as far as it goes. Wall is the best player and Beal is the 2nd best on both teams.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I said the same to wifey. She was saying he doesn't look it but he just moves too slow and it's like his mind wants to move but his body doesn't respond

My husband and I had this conversation last night.  When Dwight didn't make any effort to go after a ball that got away from him and went out of bounds, I was disgusted, but realized he just can't move like that anymore.  I can remember early in the season seeing him dive out of bounds into the scorer's table.  Something happened to him during the season, perhaps when he missed those games because of his back.  It's a shame because before that he was really impressive.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Millsap 5

THjr 4

Baze 4

Dwight 3

16 of the 18 TURNOVERS by this group. Wow, just Wow.

More TURNOVERS than ASSISTS.

When you give away that many possessions in a close game you can't win.

Yep it's mind boggling.  It's not like these turnovers are due to being ultra aggressive and pushing the tempo either.  Those while I can't live with a high number of turnovers are at least somewhat acceptable.  Majority of Hawks turnovers have been lazy, brain fart, and lack of concentration plays.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Bazemore is worth his deal 

This is harder for me to hear from you and try to accept than when you made your Horford > prime Karl Malone posts.

Baze wasn't remotely worth the contract after last year and he has been much worse this year than last year.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is harder for me to hear from you and try to accept than when you made your Horford > prime Karl Malone posts.

Baze wasn't remotely worth the contract after last year and he has been much worse this year than last year.

I didn't say he is worth it for the Hawks. But compared to what his similar skilled players got in FA, he was deserving. I never wanted him back. Do not forget that. 

To me, the Bazemore initial signing 4 years ago was suspicious. It was the first player signing that didn't match Bud's style. I had seen Baze in GS and he just wasn't a "bud" guy...then of course the Dwight signing too. 

I just hope both those guys can make some impact before the series series is over.

What have we learned in the last few serious games?

1. Millsap was taking heat off of Dennis with playmaking because Dennis's turnovers are back down with him back in full swing (he wasn't in the last Brooklyn game).
2. Howard will sulk unless he gets to post up.
3. You have two choices defensively. Either Howard gets to look uncomfortable in PNR or the rim is going to be attacked. The former would be fine, if Howard was actually contributing on the glass and he's not. Gortat is tapping back even on him and on the offensive glass, Howard is getting whistled on any rebounds.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Baze is most effective on the bench waving a towel.  Dude got some hype 3 point celebrations.

I'm laughing.

Baze does some good defensive things.  Beal hasn't gone smoove off yet.

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I can't agree with Prince over Bazemore in this game. Prince on offense was average and on defense, he was below average off the ball and solid on it. He was getting caught on screens too often and struggled to read the defense. For as bad as Baze was offensively, he was exceptional defensively. Sadly, his offense or lack thereof ruin his defensive impact and lost us the game. 

I don't know what you call exceptional defense but whatever good he's supposedly doing on defense he flubs it and the game away on offense. I'd rather not have him anywhere near the ball on offense with game on the line.

7 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Honestly, I think his back is in bad shape. 

After Dwight's last game of the season against Charlotte, during the post game interview he was wearing a back brace/wrap. When asked Bud said he tweaked it but wasn't a concern, sure doesn't look that way with the way he's moving.

3 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

To me, the Bazemore initial signing 4 years ago was suspicious. It was the first player signing that didn't match Bud's style. I had seen Baze in GS and he just wasn't a "bud" guy...then of course the Dwight signing too. 

Baze was initially signed by Danny Ferry.

1 hour ago, ISOJOE said:

1nl8ch.jpg

Do a search for some classic Al vs Karl debates.....heeeeelarious. lol. Oh the memories.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Baze was initially signed by Danny Ferry.

Yup. Just saying it felt like he didn't match our style of play. And now he kinda just sucks even more.

8 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Yup. Just saying it felt like he didn't match our style of play. And now he kinda just sucks even more.

He does if he's the energy off the bench shooting spot ups and playing defense.

Not playing PG and doing stuff he can't.

He's miscast for his current role.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I didn't say he is worth it for the Hawks. But compared to what his similar skilled players got in FA, he was deserving. I never wanted him back. Do not forget that. 

He was not deserving last season anymore than Evan Turner was.  They are both deals their teams now regret.  Toxic assets.  I only hope that a team desperate for a wing comes calling.  If I'm Bud, I'm ringing Danny Ferry in New Orleans.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I actually know and understand the game.

Only you? Your assuming no one else knows and understands the game as well as you? Jesus Christ syndrome much?

• Like 3

Last night Mike Glenn mentioned on the Hawks pregame mention an interested stat. The Hawks are now 6-18 when D8 has 6 or fewer fg attempts.  Can someone please share this with Coach Bud. Too much iso with slow moving Millsap looking for a foul. Also Dennis shoot first mentality is killing the ball movement, which is not keeping everybody involved in the offense.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Burtp said:

Last night Mike Glenn mentioned on the Hawks pregame mention an interested stat. The Hawks are now 6-18 when D8 has 6 or fewer fg attempts.  Can someone please share this with Coach Bud. Too much iso with slow moving Millsap looking for a foul. Also Dennis shoot first mentality is killing the ball movement, which is not keeping everybody involved in the offense.  

In fairness to Dennis, He did see Howard fumble a few midcourt pasaes and decided it was too risky to work it inside to the big fella. Lol!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Burtp said:

Most of the time **********Feeding Dwight*********** ends up having a history of THROWING OFF THE REST OF THE OFFENSE.

• Like 1