• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards: GAME 2

lethalweapon3

32 minutes ago, Burtp said:

Last night Mike Glenn mentioned on the Hawks pregame mention an interested stat. The Hawks are now 6-18 when D8 has 6 or fewer fg attempts.  Can someone please share this with Coach Bud. Too much iso with slow moving Millsap looking for a foul. Also Dennis shoot first mentality is killing the ball movement, which is not keeping everybody involved in the offense.  

Dennis is the only player who consistently showed heart in both games.  He even bumped Gortat after his dunk.  I have a problem when people say Dennis is not passing the ball more.  Dennis started out sharing the ball, when he realized (1) No one could get pass their defender to save their freaking lives, (2) everyone was missing wide ass open shots, he took it upon himself to try and score.  Sometimes you scratch your head at some of his shots, but he was the only player able to create and score with ease against Washington. 

I also believe Dwight's back is giving him a lot of trouble.  He straight man handled Gortat during the regular season. He was the only Hawks player to perform well against them.  You don't see Dwight moaning and complaining when he's been Sat late in games because he knows he's not 100%.  Just my two cents and speculation though.  If he isn't injured, someone needs to send up to two first round picks to any team willing to take him and Baze. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

It's crazy how underappreciated Dennis is. Its just flat out crazy. Put him on every other team in the country while having those numbers across the board in your first pos as a starter and they'd be hyping the shit out of him. Its sad that nobody values Atlanta Sports. Not even their fans. 

It's like every fanbase is full of homers outside of the Hawks'. We are as pessimistic and neutral as it gets.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Only you? Your assuming no one else knows and understands the game as well as you? Jesus Christ syndrome much?

I wasn't saying that in pun. I was saying I see the game beyond the general measures most fans see the game. 

32 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

It's crazy how underappreciated Dennis is. Its just flat out crazy. Put him on every other team in the country while having those numbers across the board in your first pos as a starter and they'd be hyping the shit out of him. Its sad that nobody values Atlanta Sports. Not even their fans. 

It's like every fanbase is full of homers outside of the Hawks'. We are as pessimistic and neutral as it gets.

I agree

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He does if he's the energy off the bench shooting spot ups and playing defense.

Not playing PG and doing stuff he can't.

He's miscast for his current role.

So 2013 Baze...

1 hour ago, StephenHawking said:

Yeah I agree Dennis has been as much as you can ask for as a first year starting PG in the NBA. At the same time just watch the Super Bowl from a few months ago to understand why Atlanta fans are unable to get their hopes up about anything. It's sad as hell but it's the reality of the situation. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StephenHawking said:

Dennis looks like a good young player, even though he has flaws but I think Atlanta/Georgia sports fans because of the recent history are just too shaken and look at the bad side with players due to it. Think that any young player/prospect is going to bust or not reach their potential.

13 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

Uh, at least leave me out of that category, I've been called a homer more than once I'm pretty sure.