• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks: GAME 3

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Surprisingly...I watched this game from beginning to end and it didn't play out opposite my expectations.  I'm almost afraid to look forward to game 4.  LOL.

@Wretch Whatever you did for this game, do it exactly for next game:  Same food, clothes,  etc - exactly the same.

Is this a case of let Wall have his and defend everyone else hard? As @marco102 said Timmy is doing work on defense. The refs need to do something about Gortat"s illegal moving butt screens.

I have to watch the replay to see how we defended the PnR to limit Gortat. Can anyone offersome insight?

I think this is more of a case of the Wiz role guys gagging on the road. They gagged and while we know that Wall is a good transition player, the Hawks were playing AAU caliber defense in transition (and have been all series).

That's basically the only bad thing about the first half. If Atlanta wasn't playing AAU caliber defense when it was transition it would have been a Bucks vs Raptors game 3 like score.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is this a case of let Wall have his and defend everyone else hard? As @marco102 said Timmy is doing work on defense. The refs need to do something about Gortat"s illegal moving butt screens.

I have to watch the replay to see how we defended the PnR to limit Gortat. Can anyone offersome insight?

And the pushes in the back when rebounding!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

markieff-morris.jpg

(To be fair, at least the towel's on his head, and not his coach's.)

~lw3

Tears of a clown, when everyone's around. Slight ad lib there. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I think this is more of a case of the Wiz role guys gagging on the road. They gagged and while we know that Wall is a good transition player, the Hawks were playing AAU caliber defense in transition (and have been all series).

That's basically the only bad thing about the first half. If Atlanta wasn't playing AAU caliber defense when it was transition it would have been a Bucks vs Raptors game 3 like score.

Role players always step up at home, it's why teams (minus LeBron) try to get homecourt. Insert Hawks vs Boston game 3 of 2008 or something comparison. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:
    •  

It’s personal now: Markieff Morris calls Paul Millsap ‘a crybaby’ | Mark Bradley blog http://bit.ly/2p8bN3I

Dennis' response: Aww Paul....lolololol 

Paul - it's personal now.

Why would he think Paul was crying lol. This dude - MMA rd2 as well?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Lurker said:

I gave an actual analysis and the short version is this series would either end quickly with the Wizards winning in 4/5 or it'd go to 6 or 7 and it'd be anybody's. It's good to get on the board but we're not at the latter part yet. Wait a minute before you direct s*** at me.

So you predicted that the Hawks wouldn't sweep the Wizards?  Great analysis.

• Like 3

Got home late and just finished watching us. LOVEEEDDDD!!! From the jump we were focused and ready. Crisp ball movement, hustle and defense early on keyed everything for us. Dennis looked sharp, and of course our anchor man and P(aul) star did the heavy lifting and I cannot forget to mention my main man (Ahmad Rashad voice from inside stuff 90's) TAUREAN PRINCE. Boy is a straight beast. No fear whatsoever.

Couple tidbits from the game:

Millsap tried to save the ball under the basket and threw it inbounds to Dwight who had decided he would be standing wait to catch it...out of bounce..lol..shaqtin a fool moment..

I think it was the second quarter in transition Dennis coming up the left side if the court, passed it to Prince who caught it roughly at halfcourt and attacked to the paint and just did a funky sideways up n under finger roll. Beauty. Fearless and clutch and like @JayBirdHawk mentioned coming on in the playoffs and that stat with Prince and Pistol was awesome.

Millsap needs to become Kareem or James Worthy and get some goggles, matter of fact get the full head gear. I've never seen anyone get hit in the face/head as Paul..lol

The Wizards power forwards are dirty as hell. Kieff we all know about and what's with Jason Smith playing 8 minutes and fouling out...not nice Scotty Brooks not nice at all.

Despite hating him early then loving his energy then hating him again, Baze never bores.

And last but not least, BAZE called Jose Calderon Rico Suave....lmmfao

GOOOOO ATLLLLL HAWKKKS!!!

IMG_9657.JPG

IMG_9660.JPG

10 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Just admit it, You were totally wrong about this Wizard team.  Wall is tough but the rest of the team doesn't deserve the kind of praise you heaped on them.

The Wizards are really good but that attitude issues they have is pretty shameful. 

Dennis and Prince was masterful. Sap showed he's what he is, a max cat and Dwight played the way I like. He wasn't perfect but he did what he needed to do and dominated the Gortat matchup.

• Like 3