• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sap is gone to Denver

GameTime

Just now, tonegully said:

This will be longer than three years. Im just posting this so im hopefully wrong when i look back it. But we have absolutely no assets. We need to take on that Cole Aldridge contract, i heard Minny attaching a pick to it.

Maybe it is but if we get players like Porter Jr. Zion Williamson, Bagley III, we are doing pretty damn good. 

Just now, KB21 said:

You aren't taking into account the developmental time that will be needed for said pick.  The Hawks are looking at no fewer than 5 years in the lottery with their decisions.

Yeah i just posted that im thinking its gonna be longer than 3 years

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

What an unbelievable amount of knee jerking going on around here. Maybe I should be used to it but holy hell how does this equate to rebuilding when everyone with a brain knew Millsap wasn't coming back? 

I cant believe the offseason is over and we are going into the season with what 6-8 players? 

We have watched the whole FA market get Sucked up.  And all we have to show for it is Bazemore, Dennis, and Plumlee...  I have doubts that we resign THJr.  So that will be several wasted years of Hawks maneuvers tossed down the drain. 

• Like 3

Just now, KB21 said:

It beats the hell out of winning 25 games and drafting some overhyped underdeveloped 19 year old AAU brat every flipping year in the lottery.

In what world is that better? And since when are teams not allowed to draft talented juniors and seniors in the lottery? Since when are lottery picks not extremely valuable trade chips? 

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

Maybe it is but if we get players like Porter Jr. Zion Williamson, Bagley III, we are doing pretty damn good. 

thats if they turn out to be anything in the league. But knowing us our top 5 drafting has not been good at all.

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

We have watched the whole FA market get Sucked up.  And all we have to show for it is Bazemore, Dennis, and Plumlee...  I have doubts that we resign THJr.  So that will be several wasted years of Hawks maneuvers tossed down the drain. 

WASTED.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

So the 8th seed 40 win treadmill is your grand plan? Sorry 40 win 8th seed treadmill lead by a 30 million dollar a year who with a much better cast couldn't do anything but get spanked out of the playoffs every year. 

If we have a signed Millsap, we can trade a signed Millsap midseason.  IF we have nothing... We have Nothing. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Oh, yeah.  I forget that these overhyped players are the next "Next LeBron James" just like Andrew Wiggins was supposed to be the next elite superstar in the NBA.

• Like 4

The first thing Ressler needs to do is drop them season ticket prices. No one paying those current prices to see Bazemore and Dennis.

Just now, Diesel said:

If we have a signed Millsap, we can trade a signed Millsap midseason.  IF we have nothing... We have Nothing. 

Same thing i said in the facebook group. Ill move him for anything at the deadline just to have something in return.

• Like 1

Just now, Diesel said:

Okay so because the organization made bad moves in the past they should overpay for Hardaway (which is what it will probably take) or make Millsap the focal point of a team not nearly good enough to win with? 

• Like 2

Just now, Diesel said:

Yes.  That was a very tradeable deal.  The Hawks could have signed him to that deal and then dealt him for someone that could actually help the team compete.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It beats the hell out of winning 25 games and drafting some overhyped underdeveloped 19 year old AAU brat every flipping year in the lottery.

AAU brats like Kobe and Lebron? 

You heard it here first guys. All American players will be bad.

Edited by CP61

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Honestly we've done pretty well by waiting this year. There are some bargains to be had

Edited by DBac
  • Like 3

Just now, CP61 said:

AAU brats like Kobe and Lebron?

No, more like the majority of the players that are drafted in the lottery.  But go ahead, tried to make you case based on exceptions and not the majority.  It's also why you support tanking.  You believe the Hawks will be the exception and not the rule.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

Okay so because the organization made bad moves in the past they should overpay for Hardaway (which is what it will probably take) or make Millsap the focal point of a team not nearly good enough to win with? 

NO... not overpay.  Hold on to assets and get something for them later.   Denver, Sactown, Minny were all clamouring for Sap.  By Dec. 15 of this year, we could have moved him to one of those teams or to a team trying to strive for the title... and possibly got some young players and picks... but what do we have now...  Memories...  Old Youtube clips... and fans complaining about ticket prices.   It's dumb business in this CBA.  In this CBA, you have to convert every player into assets. 

• Like 1

Just now, KB21 said:

No, more like the majority of the players that are drafted in the lottery.  But go ahead, tried to make you case based on exceptions and not the majority.  It's also why you support tanking.  You believe the Hawks will be the exception and not the rule.

I just would rather be bad with hope than above average without any. But we just disagree fundamentally on that. Yeah we could draft awful and never amount to anything. Or we finally find the one guy we've always needed. Yeah the positive one is less likely, but at least there's a chance.

• Premium Member

Wow..This is Cleveland all over again when they lost Lebron...I will never understand this fan base.  Millsap ain't LeBron and yeah Bud not the owners messed up again by not getting anything for Sap but it's time to move on. Secondly, we are not starting from scratch and will not be rebuilding solely thru the draft. There are some good cheap options available like Shabazz that we can pick up for dept while developing core players like our 3 draft picks plus Hardaway, Dennis, Prince, and Bembry while draft well in the future. Y'all just love to over react!

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

NO... not overpay.  Hold on to assets and get something for them later.   Denver, Sactown, Minny were all clamouring for Sap.  By Dec. 15 of this year, we could have moved him to one of those teams or to a team trying to strive for the title... and possibly got some young players and picks... but what do we have now...  Memories...  Old Youtube clips... and fans complaining about ticket prices.   It's dumb business in this CBA.  In this CBA, you have to convert every player into assets. 

So you'd rather take back 25ish million in probably bad contracts after spending the first half of the season playing .500 ball than using that 30 million on free agents and trades NOW? Surely you don't think any of those teams could trade for him at mid season with just cap room, right? Even if they did that's exactly the situation we have now. 

I will have more to say after I wake up but this is a cautionary tale...

A cautionary tale that you can't overreact to one season.

A cautionary tale that the coach as a gm is a bad idea.

And...just like with the 2014 Braves, if you think the Hawks had the ability to actually be good with the players that you have, you're not just wrong, you're delusional.

• Like 2

Congrats to Sap getting paid and playing next to a viable center for once in a long time.  Hell, if he stayed here maybe he was gonna have to play 5!  

Enjoyed watching his highly  improbable rise up the NBA ladder.  Even in the altitude Sap still gonna Sap.  The West will certainly shatter the record for winning percentage against the East.  Shit.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Wow..This is Cleveland all over again when they lost Lebron...I will never understand this fan base.  Millsap ain't LeBron and yeah Bud not the owners messed up again by not getting anything for Sap but it's time to move on. Secondly, we are not starting from scratch and will not be rebuilding solely thru the draft. There are some good cheap options available like Shabazz that we can pick up for dept while developing core players like our 3 draft picks plus Hardaway, Dennis, Prince, and Bembry while draft well in the future. Y'all just love to over react!

I hate that you've become the voice of sanity around here and that we are agreeing on stuff. How the heck did this happen? 

• Like 2