5 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

So what is the line up for next year?

Dennis

Bazemore

Prince

Collins

Plumlee

Maybe one of the worse teams ever. lol

Wizards by all accounts are going to match the Kings max offer sheet for Porter. With our new cap space, we will probably make a run at Bogdanovic. There is no way the Wizards will keep him and Porter. Even if we miss on Bogdanovic, I don't see us with that as our starting lineup.

We will sign at least one player who can start on our front line in place of Collins or Plumlee. But barring a miracle, we will still be getting a top ten pick in the lottery.

Edited by Buzzard

18 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Wizards by all accounts are going to match the Kings max offer sheet for Porter. With our new cap space, we will probably make a run at Bogdanovic. There is no way the Wizards will keep him and Porter. Even if we miss on Bogdanovic, I don't see us with that as our starting lineup.

We will sign at least one player who can start on our front line in place of Collins or Plumlee. But barring a miracle, we will still be getting a top ten pick in the lottery.

Baze isn't going to start...

PG- Dennis

SG- THJ

SF- Prince

PF - Collins / 

C-  Plumlee ---> This is comical...but oh well

7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think everyone assumed that Millsap wouldn't be back because we wouldn't be able to afford the deal and pay him for 5 years at max dollars.  But for a potential 2 years at max dollars?

Like I said . . if people thought we could bring back Sap at 3/90 back in November, I think most of us would've been for it, due to the number of years and the team option.

I agree with that. But why take the rest of his good years on a middling team? We can get 2-3 good young players for his salary and hopefully develop them into quality assets. 

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If that's true, that's fair.  But I doubt that's true.   Indiana messed around and got stuck.  There's nothing to do in Indianapolis on a cold winter night, so the Pacers has been a top entertainment alternative.  As fans say, they are NOT a "tanking fanbase".  They will prefer "treadmill" over "tank".  They were just forced to tank when they got caught with their pants down.

Yes and they would much rather prefer to watch young former lotto picks, one with ties to their largest basketball institution and the other a white PF (you know they have an affinity for those) than an upjumped non-draftee and a surly past his prime plodder.

6 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I agree with that. But why take the rest of his good years on a middling team? We can get 2-3 good young players for his salary and hopefully develop them into quality assets. 

I had Denver paying him but also said if they heehawed around, I wanted us to get him for 3/25. 3 years at 25 million would have made him a very good trade chip this season for any wanna be contender.

Edited by Buzzard

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

What follows is the list of the top players at each position still available.

POINT GUARDS
4. George Hill: 
8. Derrick Rose:
9. Darren Collison

SHOOTING GUARDS
2. Dion Waiters
3. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (R): 
4. Jonathon Simmons (R): 
5. Tim Hardaway Jr. (R): 
7. Manu Ginobili:

SMALL FORWARDS

1. Gordon Hayward:
3. Rudy Gay:
5. C.J. Miles: 
6. Andre Roberson (R):
7. Tyreke Evans: 
10. Bojan Bogdanovic (R):

POWER FORWARDS

1. Kevin Durant:
5. Danilo Gallinari: 
6. JaMychal Green (R):
7. Dirk Nowitzki: 
8. James Johnson:
9. Zach Randolph:
11. Nikola Mirotic (R): 
12. Michael Beasley: 
14. Ersan Ilyasova
15. Patrick Patterson: 
16. Jeff Green

CENTERS

1. Nerlens Noel (R):
2. Pau Gasol: 
3. Kelly Olynyk (R): 
4. Mason Plumlee (R):
6. Dewayne Dedmon: 
7. Marreese Speights: 
8. Alex Len (R):

So who on this list do you see that 30 mil going to?

Beats me. I didn't say we would use that 30 million this year either. I could see the team trying to keep payroll low this year and adding bargain free agents. 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

Per realgm: Nuggets Looking To Unload Salary To Pursue George Hill

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246712/Nuggets-Looking-To-Unload-Salary-To-Pursue-George-Hill

Maybe we can get in on it!!!

Maybe a SNT after all if we could get something decent such as a pick to agree to take on salary.

I still can't believe we are looking at  losing two of the best big men in the NBA in back to back offseasons for NOTHING. BudCox should not just have lost their GM/president jobs, they should be fired for this. You can't lose All Star players for nothing especially in a market like Atlanta that can't attract any real free agents.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Maybe a SNT after all if we could get something decent such as a pick to agree to take on salary.

I still can't believe we are looking at  losing two of the best big men in the NBA in back to back offseasons for NOTHING. BudCox should not just have lost their GM/president jobs, they should be fired for this. You can't lose All Star players for nothing especially in a market like Atlanta that can't attract any real free agents.

I am just guessing but I don't think Denver wants to give up a pick; otherwise a SNT with either Faried or Chandler would have happened. I cannot really blame our new management, if this is the case, for not just taking anything back.

If it is not useful in their eyes for our future, save the money ( cap ) for a player they like instead.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member
Just now, Buzzard said:

I am just guessing but I don't think Denver wants to give up a pick; otherwise a SNT with either Faried or Chandler would have happened. I cannot really blame our management, if this is the case, for not just taking anything back.

If it is not useful in their eyes for our future, save the money ( cap ) for a player they like instead.

I'd rather have space than a bad deal which is why I said we could get a pick out of it. Faried is an average PF and Chandler is above average so I'm not sure if Schlenk would want them since the plan seems to be the tank rebuild and not rebuild with decent veterans with young guys.

2022 Hawks

Dennis

Sharp Shooter from Europe

Zion Williamson 

Collins

Ayton

Dennis will avg 18/8

Euro will 10 ppg and good D to boot

Zion will average 28ppg and 15 rpg 

Collins will average 20 and 10

Ayton will average 18ppg.

66 win team and will beat Philly in a 7 game series for the ECF.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'd rather have space than a bad deal which is why I said we could get a pick out of it. Faried is an average PF and Chandler is above average so I'm not sure if Schlenk would want them since the plan seems to be the tank rebuild and not rebuild with decent veterans with young guys.

With all the spending this season, reports are already coming in that next year there will not be many teams that will be able to compete for free agents. I do not know who will be available, but we could be one of the few who has max money next season.

Reports are also saying 1/3 of the league could be facing the luxury tax next season. So teams looking to shed players and/or picks is also a possibility.

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I am just guessing but I don't think Denver wants to give up a pick; otherwise a SNT with either Faried or Chandler would have happened. I cannot really blame our new management, if this is the case, for not just taking anything back.

Maybe it's because Faried and Chandler can get Denver a 1st back in a trade. Maybe they would rather get the assets then just give them away to us. That's why SNT are hard, unless you have a situation like Houston, it's hard to get value back in a SnT 

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

What follows is the list of the top players at each position still available.

POINT GUARDS
4. George Hill: 
8. Derrick Rose:
9. Darren Collison

SHOOTING GUARDS
2. Dion Waiters
3. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (R): 
4. Jonathon Simmons (R): 
5. Tim Hardaway Jr. (R): 
7. Manu Ginobili:

SMALL FORWARDS

1. Gordon Hayward:
3. Rudy Gay:
5. C.J. Miles: 
6. Andre Roberson (R):
7. Tyreke Evans: 
10. Bojan Bogdanovic (R):

POWER FORWARDS

1. Kevin Durant:
5. Danilo Gallinari: 
6. JaMychal Green (R):
7. Dirk Nowitzki: 
8. James Johnson:
9. Zach Randolph:
11. Nikola Mirotic (R): 
12. Michael Beasley: 
14. Ersan Ilyasova
15. Patrick Patterson: 
16. Jeff Green

CENTERS

1. Nerlens Noel (R):
2. Pau Gasol: 
3. Kelly Olynyk (R): 
4. Mason Plumlee (R):
6. Dewayne Dedmon: 
7. Marreese Speights: 
8. Alex Len (R):

So who on this list do you see that 30 mil going to?

I unnastan it all now.  Slinky gonna git us Durant.  You da man Slinky! You da man.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Well at least fans can't say we're on the treadmill anymore... Lottery here we come! Problem is that Brooklyn and other teams are still worse than we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brooklyn just added a better talent than anyone in our system with Russell. Let's be real, we got the least amount of talent in the NBA by a country mile. We lost almost every game last year without Sap outside of the Cleveland stunner 

41 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So Bud/Cox should get fired, but Slinky, who did no better (worse if you consider Plumlee) gets a pass?  Hmm.