• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Search and Interviews

marco102

3 hours ago, JTB said:

He’s probably going to win out and be the head coach. I rather Fizdale but that’s not happening 

There's also the whole Fizdale-Gasol thing that concerns me, and the fact that he would be going from one dysfunctional ownership group to another....a lot of me thinks even if we could get Fizdale, it might not be a good fit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

Schlenk on what he is looking for in a head coach:

DcHYQ5aU0AAXADC.jpg

The process...

Yeah....

But you have to start from somewhere, but if we will be lucky in a couple weeks maybe it might accelerate the time schedule. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JTB said:

Being that Silas has some deep roots with Curry I think it MAY be smart to hire him since Schlenk is going to draft Trae Young.

thats right I’m calling it....schlenk will hire Silas, draft Young to be his poor mans curry, trade Dennis for anything and the new start/new culture will be Silas and Trae Young.

Same feeling I have, Silas and Young. I’ve also mentioned the Schlenk/Young thing in another thread I can’t recall right offhand. Somewhat exciting, wouldn’t be the worst thing that could happen. That would be Mark Jackson/JJJ. BTW, Bud quit. Schlenk mentioned he put the team in a tough and irreconcilable position by essentially shopping himself around.

• Like 2

Hopefully Bud won’t be hired before the draft and give away our board. Which after the spiteful/useless end-of-season ego victories against Utah/Washington/Boston, I wouldn’t put past him. Then get hired at a stout salary to save the Hawks much of that $14mill. Wishful thinking, I’m sure...

2 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Schlenk on what he is looking for in a head coach:

DcHYQ5aU0AAXADC.jpg

The process...

So what happens if the Hawks start the season 5 - 1?  Does management order the coach to play the good players less, so that they'll have a greater chance to lose games and stay in the lottery?

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So what happens if the Hawks start the season 5 - 1?  Does management order the coach to play the good players less, so that they'll have a greater chance to lose games and stay in the lottery?

Brett-Brown.jpg

"I did"

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's the beauty of having Cleveland's #1 next year, as well as any additional 2019 and 2020 #1's picked up in trade this summer and next summer, in exchange for salary dumps. We won't be a playoff team because of being flush with youngsters, but we won't have to intentionally lose either. We'll have draft capital without tanking. It's more the Celtics than the Sixers model. And it's now bearing fruit for Boston.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hazer said:

Same feeling I have, Silas and Young. I’ve also mentioned the Schlenk/Young thing in another thread I can’t recall right offhand. Somewhat exciting, wouldn’t be the worst thing that could happen. That would be Mark Jackson/JJJ. BTW, Bud quit. Schlenk mentioned he put the team in a tough and irreconcilable position by essentially shopping himself around.

I don’t feel Bud is worth any more arguments anymore. I felt like we should have kept him but I’m moving on. Thought it would take longer for me to get over bud going elsewhere but ultimately I’m a lot more concerned about schlenk and his overall plan.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, parfait said:

That's the beauty of having Cleveland's #1 next year, as well as any additional 2019 and 2020 #1's picked up in trade this summer and next summer, in exchange for salary dumps. We won't be a playoff team because of being flush with youngsters, but we won't have to intentionally lose either. We'll have draft capital without tanking. It's more the Celtics than the Sixers model. And it's now bearing fruit for Boston.

I don't want to veer this off from the initial discussion point, but how exactly is that more Celtics than 76ers?  This is a clear 76ers style tank job where there is absolutely no hope of winning anytime soon.  

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

I don't want to veer this off from the initial discussion point, but how exactly is that more Celtics than 76ers?  This is a clear 76ers style tank job where there is absolutely no hope of winning anytime soon.  

Boston made a point of acquiring other teams' first round draft picks, thereby accumulating draft capital, and also removing the need to maximize their own draft picks by losing. They could simply develop a young team and motivate them to play to win, while still adding young talent to the roster.

Philadelphia, on the other hand, was focused on achieving high lottery picks year after year, thereby requiring heavy losing on a yearly basis.  This is why Sam Hinkie's "process" dragged on longer, before the league stepped in and ushered in Bryan Colangelo to accelerate the rebuild.

• Like 2

Travis mentioned yesterday that there will probably be two interviews today.  I haven't heard or read anything about any interviews today.  You would think something would come out as far as any assistant coaches interviewing today.  I do know that I saw that James Borrego is interviewing with Charlotte today, so that probably means he isn't interviewing with Atlanta today.

Just to throw another name out there, I'm very curious to see if Brent Barry's name comes up.

The Suns are hiring Igor Kokoskov for their head coaching job.  Could this be tipping their pick?  Igor coached Luka overseas.

Also.  Dang it!  This guy was one of my favorites and didn't even interview in Atlanta.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

The Suns are hiring Igor Kokoskov for their head coaching job.  Could this be tipping their pick?  Igor coached Luka overseas.

Also.  Dang it!  This guy was one of my favorites and didn't even interview in Atlanta.

Still hoping we get lucky in the actual lottery and they don't have the option to pick him.  Definitely agree with you that it would be pretty shocking if they didn't take him and he was available after hiring Kokoskov.

15 hours ago, AHF said:

Still hoping we get lucky in the actual lottery and they don't have the option to pick him.  Definitely agree with you that it would be pretty shocking if they didn't take him and he was available after hiring Kokoskov.

Yeah, I think it is safe to say Doncic is gone if the Suns pick ahead of us.