• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ressler wanted Trae

bleachkit

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

If Schlenk had done #3 and Baze for #5 and Wez that would have been disastrous.

Good thing the Mavs backed out, they didn't want the extra year of Baze's salary.

I am surprised we got a pick out of him. If things go perfectly for them with FA Cousins, I still don't see them being any better than a 8th seed in the West

Ressler may have wanted Trae but Shlenck and even coach Pierce liked him as well.  From the interview Young gave after his workout the other week, it almost seemed like he and coach Pierce had been friends for a long time, even though they had just met.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Ressler may have wanted Trae but Shlenck and even coach Pierce liked him as well.  From the interview Young gave after his workout the other week, it almost seemed like he and coach Pierce had been friends for a long time, even though they had just met.

If I remember right, Pierce and Trae went out for dinner. I could have missed it; but I did not read that about anyone else we worked out.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

If I remember right, Pierce and Trae went out for dinner. I could have missed it; but I did not read that about anyone else we worked out.

They went out with Bagley as well( I think) but Trae acted as if he and Pierce had a good time talking about Steve Nash, and Pierce gave him some pointers on helping him develop his game.

• Premium Member

1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

Who cares.  You know who is super involved AB.  He got us to a super bowl.  I like and involved owner.  He paid enough to have a say.

AB has never meddled in personnel decisions. His period of highest involvement came during the Vick-Mora years, and he himself admitted that being so close to Vick and influencing the team during that period was a major mistake that he has learned from. 

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

AB has never meddled in personnel decisions. His period of highest involvement came during the Vick-Mora years, and he himself admitted that being so close to Vick and influencing the team during that period was a major mistake that he has learned from. 

you are wrong.

56 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I am surprised we got a pick out of him. If things go perfectly for them with FA Cousins, I still don't see them being any better than a 8th seed in the West

Even if they get Cousins, when has he ever helped get a team to the playoffs?  New Orleans was better after he got hurt.  Cousins is one of those players who fans adore but he contributes very little to winning.  A team that consists of DSJ, Luka, Harrison Barns, Dirk, and Cousins isn't going to challenge Minnesota or Denver for that final playoff spot.

44 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

My question how in the hell did Brett Brown get a unprotected 1st round pick for Mikal Bridges and we got railroaded. Brett Brown is only filling in as GM  until they get one.

Part of that has to do with the fact that they did have to move up 6 spots to get Bridges (what does that tell you about their high draft pick last year, Josh Jackson?).  Phoenix probably thinks they will compete for a playoff spot, which they won't, unless they go all out in free agency this off season.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Funny Givony said before the draft Ressler wanted Doncic and Schlenk wanted Trae.

Even though I wanted Doncic, I would want the GM to make the call on this not the owner.  The reason an owner hires a GM is because he doesn't have the qualifications or time to devote to make an informed decision.  Let the GM run the team and fire and replace them if you don't trust their judgment.

As long as Schlenk has final say, I'm ok with it. I like an owner with some investment in the team as long as his ego stays out of the way.

Having said that, these reports and the Dwight and Collins stuff from a while back is a little troubling.

1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

Who cares.  You know who is super involved AB.  He got us to a super bowl.  I like and involved owner.  He paid enough to have a say.

You say that until you have Jerry Jones as your owner. We Cowboys fans are so tired of him.

58 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

My question how in the hell did Brett Brown get a unprotected 1st round pick for Mikal Bridges and we got railroaded. Brett Brown is only filling in as GM  until they get one.

My answer is Phoneix Suns...nuff said.  Although, on paper, it appears they had a solid draft.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

That is what has been reported today.

Regardless of how the whole trade works out, I will say I want no part of ownership making basketball decisions.  Like I wrote earlier yesterday prior to the draft, an owner hires a guy to be the basketball expert and to make these calls.  He needs to step out of the way of the expert and let the GM do what he was paid to do.  If you don't trust the GM's judgment then fire him but don't get in his way with your dreams of Dan Snyder / Jerry Jones / Michael Gearon style GMing from the owners box.

I don't think Doncic will be the star that people expect.  He's no Darko but he's no Dirk either. Nor is he a Kukoc.  I look for him to be decent.  He might be like Vucevich. 

• 3 months later...
28 minutes ago, mcleitsy said:

Does anyone have access to the athletic? Would love to read the full article. 

That one I posted is a different Peachtree Hoops article you can read.