• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

11 minutes ago, AtlKauzie said:

Lol, Why even post it.

Trae is the most polarizing player in this draft class (until Luka Doncic plays) and I have no idea why.

Any highlights of this guy regardless how he plays automatically gets 100k views.

He is getting Lonzo Ball level of attention.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, yungsta said:

Trae is the most polarizing player in this draft class (until Luka Doncic plays) and I have no idea why.

Any highlights of this guy regardless how he plays automatically gets 100k views.

Because someone (other than Trae himself) compared him to Steph Curry. All because he was pulling up from deep. smh. He's more Nash than Curry..With that said, if he pans out, he's gonna put the Hawks on the map..Hell, he already has. lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Put them in uniforms then so we can win at least 1 game!

I don't think Bembry is cleared to play. 

I don't care about wins, I care about how we play even in a loss. This one was putrid.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, terrell said:

Because someone (other than Trae himself) compared him to Steph Curry. All because he was pulling up from deep. smh. He's more Nash than Curry..With that said, if he pans out, he's gonna put the Hawks on the map..Hell, he already has. lol

Doesn't Trae also mimmick the tap chest point index finger upward thing that Curry does after he hits a 3?

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, yungsta said:

Lonzo at least had the entire Faker fanbase behind him. Can't say the same for Trae.

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't care about wins, I care about how we play even in a loss. This one was putrid.

I think the real players do.  To a certain extent i agree with KB regarding building a losing culture.  When you aren't competitive like this team except in the last game, players start to get that Let me get mine mentality which results in the players abandon any kind of structure and trust in the staff or the other players

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I like the Malone comparison. Once him and Trae figure it out. It will be scary

? when I heard Seth Greenberg say it I thought oh my Supes! Sadly Supes or gladly I’m here to tell you that Seth’s Malone comparison to Collins>than urs to Alice.

Stats and skills and everything aside:

Collins is a man. As the scouts say, you can’t teach that.

48 minutes ago, yungsta said:

free publicity is free publicly good or bad, although It always drops my mood when the hawks finally get main stream media attention only to get trashed by analysts and fans alike.

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae desperately needs a midrange game.  If he's not physical enough to get to the rim, develop the midrange game.   There have been many PGs in the history of the NBA who weren't athletic freaks, but knew how to score from multiple areas out on the court.   This was one of them . .

Yes sir! Trae is very much Price-ish! As much as I hated him because they pretty much swept us every year for like a good three year window, he was the man. When you include your teammates, your own game evolves. 

2 minutes ago, AtlKauzie said:

free publicity is free publicly good or bad, although It always drops my mood when the hawks finally get main stream media attention only to get trashed by analysts and fans alike.

Just a hunch but the typical nba fan can probably relate in stature more to a Trae Young than anyone, thus making them think they can be just as good to school guys like @kg01 in the local church league or @MaceCase at the local Y or @macdaddy on the mean streets. Plus he’s like a mix of every race there is, or at least he looks it so everyone can relate!

ps Could also be Warrior haters who are worried and angry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae desperately needs a midrange game.  If he's not physical enough to get to the rim, develop the midrange game.   There have been many PGs in the history of the NBA who weren't athletic freaks, but knew how to score from multiple areas out on the court.   This was one of them . .

He showed a nice floater in college videos.  Different animal I guess.

Tonight his 3 assists were as great as his 3 TOs were awful.  No need to even harp on the shooting percentages anymore.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Just a hunch but the typical nba fan can probably relate in stature more to a Trae Young than anyone, thus making them think they can be just as good to school guys like @kg01 in the local church league or @MaceCase at the local Y or @macdaddy on the mean streets. Plus he’s like a mix of every race there is, or at least he looks it so everyone can relate!

ps Could also be Warrior haters who are worried and angry.

I don't know 'bout them other two but I had a mean step-bak in my day.  Also had a killah double pump-fake, dream shake on dem foos.

@macdaddy seems like that old guy who hacks on every shot then says, "No blood, no foul ... a broken wrist ain't bloody, play-on."

@MaceCase is that dude with the fresh fits from head to toe.  Wrisy bands, headbands all matchin ... then got no game.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Lol.  And he brought the fancy $100 indoor ball.

Haha.  All the regulars know not to pick him up.  But strangers see the gear and think he's a baller.  2 minutes into a run,  they're wondering why he keeps dribblin the ball off his own foot.

Bruh?! :laugh: 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You know, I'm trying not to keep hating on that kid but wow. Zero points? ugh.

This is the worst SL team I've ever seen the Hawks put out there.

All the flux we’ve had over the past 5 years with coaches and brass is gonna show on the floor for sure.  Even with a tanking Budball team you know you’re gonna get good three point shooting, team passing, steals, and FT shooting.  I don’t know what the hell Pierce’s plan is.  For all practical purposes the man said he was just gonna be a sideline figurehead in Utah.  WTF.

A freaking distasteful quote from Ferry started the screws loosening in the wheels right when the engine started to rev.  Life of a Hawks fan I tell you.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You know, I'm trying not to keep hating on that kid but wow. Zero points? ugh.

This is the worst SL team I've ever seen the Hawks put out there.

Oh he been stankin like a Lincoln, but he's also being done no favors with this craptastic roster.

Can we leave Lawndale in Nevada?  Not Las Vegas, that would be too good for him.  Leave him in some rando, podunk city somewheres.