• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

• Premium Member

33 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

So astarting lineup of Young/Dorsey/Bembry/Collins/Spellman is going to be fun to watch, finnally some guys with some potential out there, I expect something from Huerter too

Huerter will miss SL.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gurpilo said:

So astarting lineup of Young/Dorsey/Bembry/Collins/Spellman is going to be fun to watch, finnally some guys with some potential out there, I expect something from Huerter too

So I got around to setting the DVR tonight for the first 3 games. I have to say, it was the most excited I've been to watch a basketball game in a long time....and its summer league. I've had a real identity problem with the team ever since Bud took over. I got my guy in Trae and paired with Collins it should be very exciting.

On 6/25/2018 at 10:26 PM, NBASupes said:

5'5 PG out of The Mount

Exactly one second of an 11+ minute video showing him playing any defense.

Fun to watch, but his absolute ceiling is Nate Robinson, which would be a huge reach (and 4 more inches).

On 6/26/2018 at 0:04 PM, Spud2nique said:

? seriously! Cruel cruel joke to start the day guys! Luckily all my x’s live in Texas...

no, he’s not my x @kg01 but very funny...

Wonder if we run Trae and Junior out at the same time in summer league. I think we’d outrun everyone.

Agree with you re the joke. Crass. 

13 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Exactly one second of an 11+ minute video showing him playing any defense.

Fun to watch, but his absolute ceiling is Nate Robinson, which would be a huge reach (and 4 more inches).

Not sure what we're trying to prove here.  Wasted roster spot, if we're being honest.  Luckily, that's kinda what SL is for. 

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, kg01 said:

Not sure what we're trying to prove here.  Wasted roster spot, if we're being honest.  Luckily, that's kinda what SL is for. 

Auditioning guys for our GLeague team 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Auditioning guys for our GLeague team 

Shiiiiiiiii, audition guys that might have some value at the NBA level.  I get the ol' Muggsy and Spud stuff but a 5'5" baller is just a sideshow attraction these days.

Now that I said that, I feel awful for shatting on this guy's dreams.  :hmm:

Thanks a lot, burd.  You worked your Filipino magic once again.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Shiiiiiiiii, audition guys that might have some value at the NBA level.  I get the ol' Muggsy and Spud stuff but a 5'5" baller is just a sideshow attraction these days.

Now that I said that, I feel awful for shatting on this guy's dreams.  :hmm:

Thanks a lot, burd.  You worked your Filipino magic once again.

A 5'5'' baller is no more a sideshow attraction today than they were back in Spud's day. In fact, with the handchecking rules and offensive changes that have happened with the game I think their potential to find a home is as good as it has ever been.  The main thing is that it is just near impossible for a guy that small to make it in any era.  I'll be cheering him on hoping he overcomes the odds (but knowing they are very long odds).

• Like 2

I’m hoping he gets in there and starts whooping everyone. Side show or not, you gotta root for the underdog. How do you think I became a Hawks fan baby...well, Spud’s Dallas performance got me on the wagon forever!

• Like 2