• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

48 minutes ago, AHF said:

Ford you might recognize.  He graduated from UNC (3x All-American and POY) in 1978, was ROY and All-NBA in 1979 and then played through '85.  After that, in the 1990s he became an assistant coach and then the lead assistant coach at UNC under Dean Smith and Bill Guthridge, respectively.  Then in the 2000s he went on to be an assistant coach in the NBA, mostly under Larry Brown.

Hmmm...no I still don’t remember. Weird. The rest of the people you mentioned for sure. Now I’m curious to see if he just had that great rookie season in assists or was it consist throughout his career. I’m guessing not super consistent otherwise he’d be a top 10 or 20 assist guy all time in which I probably would have remembered.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hmmm...no I still don’t remember. Weird. The rest of the people you mentioned for sure. Now I’m curious to see if he just had that great rookie season in assists or was it consist throughout his career. I’m guessing not super consistent otherwise he’d be a top 10 or 20 assist guy all time in which I probably would have remembered.

He only played 7 seasons but he was reasonably consistent.  Averaged 9 ap36 as a rookie, career high of 9.1 ap36 and career average of 8.2 ap36.  He went from clear starter with the Kings to rotation guy / sometimes starter with 3 other teams so the minutes varied and the assists per minute dropped some when he was no longer the guy running the show post-Kings.

29 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Hey cat. Uh... mostly remember Oscar as a Buck and he was usually mugged and still got dimes to his cutters and of course Kareem down low. Dandridge and McGlocklin could both really shoot so they received a bunch. Different era but he helped an unbalanced team win the championship. Great court general. My favorite assist guy is Magic because it was so colorful and full court fast to watch and he was smiling 99% of the time. Ernie D. was amazing in college but I didn't see much of him in the pros. Do remember he was Rookie of the Year though.

Oh man I guess your dimes will be up there will Kareem huh. ? Agreed with Magic. Fav point guard of the 80’s not named Spud, Rivers, Rumea..nevermind. Magic was shower time. And ur right, as Brent Musburger put it..”he has a smile that lights up the television screen ? “

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

He only played 7 seasons but he was reasonably consistent.  Averaged 9 ap36 as a rookie, career high of 9.1 ap36 and career average of 8.2 ap36.  He went from clear starter with the Kings to rotation guy / sometimes starter with 3 other teams so the minutes varied and the assists per minute dropped some when he was no longer the guy running the show post-Kings.

Nice. I’m humbled by this brand new information. To the storage center!

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh man I guess your dimes will be up there will Kareem huh. ? Agreed with Magic. Fav point guard of the 80’s not named Spud, Rivers, Rumea..nevermind. Magic was shower time. And ur right, as Brent Musburger put it..”he has a smile that lights up the television screen ? “

Yeah, Magic with that smile on the fast break reminded me a lot of clips of retrievers running in the open field. Pure joy. Maybe we will witness some of that on our court now moving forward. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Nice. I’m humbled by this brand new information. To the storage center!

I didn't exactly have it memorized, lol!  I remember Ford barely at all as a player and more for his coaching.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Yeah, Magic with that smile on the fast break reminded me a lot of clips of retrievers running in the open field. Pure joy. Maybe we will witness some of that on our court now moving forward. 

I think we got a good one in Trae. Maybe a some Magic vision in his buddy Zeke’s size! Funny if we see Lonzo Ball and Trae kissing each other on the cheek before games. And by funny I mean weird. ? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I didn't exactly have it memorized, lol!  I remember Ford barely at all as a player and more for his coaching.

I thought you had a Ford poster in your office as we speak...or at least growing up as a kid. ? 

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I think we got a good one in Trae. Maybe a some Magic vision in his buddy Zeke’s size! Funny if we see Lonzo Ball and Trae kissing each other on the cheek before games. And by funny I mean weird. ? 

Remembering that kissing thing stopped after a mild scuffle during that series. Next game was just a handshake.

• Like 1

Reminder fellas and lady,

We have the Blazers at 10:30 ? eastern time. I know a lot of people might miss the game due to the timing and dvr it. 

Looking to see pull a pass out of his ... tonight. Seems the only thing left. ? 

Tonight might either heat up the Dorsey debate or kill it one way or another.

Jaylen Adams and Morris and Cleveland continue to show up or out.

#34 will miss a shot tonight. If he goes perfect from the field I’ll change my name to DannyAingeLover! (Minimum 3 fg attempts).

• Like 1