• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Top 10 APG For Rookies

Mark Jackson 10.6 apg

Oscar 9.7

Damon Stoudamire 9.3

Tim Hardaway 8.7

Phil Ford 8.6

John Wall 8.3

Ennis Watley 8.3

Ernie DeGregorio 8.2

Brevin Knight 8.2

Nate McMillan 8.2

The top 4 were very good players (Oscar an all-time great).  After that, Wall and a lot of not so all-time-greats who put up big numbers by holding  the ball a lot on bad teams their rookie years.

Ernie DeGregorio and Phil Ford I don’t recognize at all. Pre 80 most likely. X Hawk Brevin Knight of Stanford gotta love that! UTEP 2 step was the real deal in the yay. 

Nate McMillan im somewhat surprised is on that list although he was more of a “set up the offense then attack it methodically” type of guy.

Ok, from the small sample size of Trae, I think he might have the best pure vision of these guys. 

Ill be honest, obviously everybody knows Oscar was the man and some say the Magic and Lebron of that era. I’ve only seen highlights and they are great, so I’d have to bow down to a generation that actually has seen him play live. How was his PURE vision?(And by pure vision I’m talking about the pass Trae made last night while surrounded by 3 defenders to find Spellman under the hoop?)

@Gray Mule @macdaddy @Thomas Curious if you guys saw Oscar when he played? Was he a pure vision guy or did most of those assists come from simple kick outs or drop offs created by double teams? I started watching around 82. Didn’t see Oscar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bonkers said:

Oh yea its funny how everyone talks about Trae's size but Damon Stoudamire was even smaller than him at 5'10. That's why he was called "Mighty Mouse" lol

Well that and I think he had a night mouse tattoo so it was more..”self proclaimed” but he was very much Mighty Mousish for sure.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@Gray Mule @macdaddy @Thomas Curious if you guys saw Oscar when he played? Was he a pure vision guy or did most of those assists come from simple kick outs or drop offs created by double teams? I started watching around 82. Didn’t see Oscar.

I may not be as old as you think, or as I complain about.   Oscar was before my nba time.   Nate McMillan, Mark Jackson I remember.   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I may not be as old as you think, or as I complain about.   Oscar was before my nba time.   Nate McMillan, Mark Jackson I remember.   

Lies.  I heard a rumor that you so old, you poot dust.

Seriously though, has anyone heard from sothwrong lately now that it's looking like Rayf has his SL sea legs under him?

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Lies.  I heard a rumor that you so old, you poot dust.

Seriously though, has anyone heard from sothwrong lately now that it's looking like Rayf has his SL sea legs under him?

I think he posted that he missed the game.   He seems open to being wrong about Trae.   Speaking of Soth, who likes the summer league unis better than our normal ones.   I think I do.  

I think he posted that he missed the game.   He seems open to being wrong about Trae.   Speaking of Soth, who likes the summer league unis better than our normal ones.   I think I do.  

Trae has shut his haters up (me included) for now. Can't say anything bad when he's playing at a high level.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Soth actually said he missed traes "one good game." 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Soth actually said he missed traes "one good game." 

Getting the skeptics to come around is the real 'process'.   As it should be.   NBA games could be a different story but i'm confident. 

22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Ohhh, so he saw all the bad games but missed the 2 decent ones?  Interesting ... {insert 'B*tch Please' gif}

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Those passes in the 4th quarter were off the charts. The full court one was Bron and Magic like. He may be a small point guard but that takes one hell of an arm.

I was concerned about his passing strength coming in but it’s sound.  Nice zip when he needs it but the instictive touch when necessary.   

There is no defense for how quickly he foreshadows plays opening up and gets the ball out.  That’s a skill set that will serve him well for the next 15 years.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

..who likes the summer league unis better than our normal ones.   I think I do.  

I’ll second that.  Many teams’ SL digs are superior to their NBA ones, last season was like a rec league.  Judging by the crowds at these things it’s good to see the money put back into the players.  When you look good, you play good.

And am I tripping or are the officials in SL superior to those in the damn league, too?

I’ll second that.  Many teams’ SL digs are superior to their NBA ones, last season was like a rec league.  Judging by the crowds at these things it’s good to see the money put back into the players.  When you look good, you play good.

And am I tripping or are the officials in SL superior to those in the damn league, too?

It's a lot easier to officiate when the stakes are a lot lower and the fouls are more blatant. Probably also helps when the players are less initmiating. I'd think twice before calling a blocking foul on someone like Cousins.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ernie DeGregorio and Phil Ford I don’t recognize at all. Pre 80 most likely.

Ford you might recognize.  He graduated from UNC (3x All-American and POY) in 1978, was ROY and All-NBA in 1979 and then played through '85.  After that, in the 1990s he became an assistant coach and then the lead assistant coach at UNC under Dean Smith and Bill Guthridge, respectively.  Then in the 2000s he went on to be an assistant coach in the NBA, mostly under Larry Brown.

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Once the NBA games start the refs still have the NBA agenda to enforce.  There fewer bad calls in the NCAA but there is no way the refs are better.   They just don't have the pressure of protecting the gravy train. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Bonkers said:

Yea I just looked. I think Trae's could avg around 9 assists a game If Bud was here I most definitely don't see Trae pussting up that many assists. Bud hated rookies and I couldn't stand him for that (and other reasons) No rookie has a chance to be rookie of the year with him as coach

MPG will be the biggest factor in how many assists he puts up, IMO.  I think he will be pretty ball dominant in the minutes he plays and will have a very healthy assist per minute number.  Play minutes like Lonzo Ball and that will add up to big per game numbers. Play minutes like Frank Ntilikina and his per game numbers won't be anything to write home about.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

Ford you might recognize.  He graduated from UNC (3x All-American and POY) in 1978, was ROY and All-NBA in 1979 and then played through '85.  After that, in the 1990s he became an assistant coach and then the lead assistant coach at UNC under Dean Smith and Bill Guthridge, respectively.  Then in the 2000s he went on to be an assistant coach in the NBA, mostly under Larry Brown.

Ernie D was a great playmaker, but he was terrible on defense.  Ball handling and passing were like a 6'0" Maravich.  He wasn't a bad scorer either.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ernie DeGregorio and Phil Ford I don’t recognize at all. Pre 80 most likely. X Hawk Brevin Knight of Stanford gotta love that! UTEP 2 step was the real deal in the yay. 

Nate McMillan im somewhat surprised is on that list although he was more of a “set up the offense then attack it methodically” type of guy.

Ok, from the small sample size of Trae, I think he might have the best pure vision of these guys. 

Ill be honest, obviously everybody knows Oscar was the man and some say the Magic and Lebron of that era. I’ve only seen highlights and they are great, so I’d have to bow down to a generation that actually has seen him play live. How was his PURE vision?(And by pure vision I’m talking about the pass Trae made last night while surrounded by 3 defenders to find Spellman under the hoop?)

Hey cat. Uh... mostly remember Oscar as a Buck and he was usually mugged and still got dimes to his cutters and of course Kareem down low. Dandridge and McGlocklin could both really shoot so they received a bunch. Different era but he helped an unbalanced team win the championship. Great court general. My favorite assist guy is Magic because it was so colorful and full court fast to watch and he was smiling 99% of the time. Ernie D. was amazing in college but I didn't see much of him in the pros. Do remember he was Rookie of the Year though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

My bad Mac. I didn’t think you were but didn’t know for sure.