• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

PREDICTION TIME! 2018 Hawks Predictions

AHF

( sigh )

21 - 61

1. Conference finish (1st in conference through 15th)   - 14th . . . just ahead of Orlando
  2. Number of Hawks in the All-Star game and on the Rookie / Sophmore Teams - Two ( Trae Young, John Collins ) - rook/soph game
  3. Hawks leading scorer (points per game, minimum 42 games played) - Trae Young  15.9 ppg - because he'll get the most shots  
  4. Hawks leading rebounder (rebounds per game, minimum 42 games played) - John Collins   9.9 rebs
  5. Expected W-L record as tracked on basketball reference (this is the expected record of the Hawks based on the number of points they score and give up)  18 - 64

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Expected W-L record as tracked on basketball reference (this is the expected record of the Hawks based on the number of points they score and give up)  18 - 64

Since I predicted 21 - 61, I'm giving Trae and Taurean the benefit out of the doubt that they can win a few games in the final seconds.

1. Conference finish (1st in the conference through 15th):  7
  2. Number of Hawks in the All-Star game and on the Rookie / Sophmore Teams:  2 (Young / Collins)
  3. Hawks leading scorer (points per game, minimum 42 games played): Prince 20 pts/game
  4. Hawks leading rebounder (rebounds per game, minimum 42 games played): Alex Len
  5. Expected W-L record as tracked on basketball reference (this is the expected record of the Hawks based on the number of points they score and give up)  - 41-41
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Was Hots the only one who got the total right last season?  That was surreal.

AHF's link is to the official predictions compilation last year.  Capstone was the one right though most of us were fairly close and some of us didn't give an exact number last year but a range or in my case I said 30 max (sue me, I was pretty pissed at the Hawks this time last year and wasn't playing nice but tried to be optimistic).

On 10/11/2018 at 11:21 PM, marco102 said:

W/L 31 -51  

Conference 10th

Allstars 0/ Rookie - Soph - 1

Leading Scorer - Tauren Prince

Leading Rebounder - Alex Len

34-48

Most=>

On 10/12/2018 at 7:46 AM, thecampster said:
  1. 9th
  2. 0/1/1
  3. Prince (17.5 ppg)
  4. Len (9.5 rpg)
  5. 36-46

Realistic=>

23 hours ago, AHawks89 said:

1. 29-53

2. 12th

3.  3

4. Prince

5. Collins

6. 33-49

Picks=>

22 hours ago, JCDBaptist said:

34 - 48

9th

0 All-Stars (honorable mention/consideration of Prince); 3 1st team Rookie - Young, 2nd team - Spellman; Sophomores - Collins

Prince - 18.8

Collins - 8.6

38 - 44

Here... But I'm a Dreamer/Visionary

14 hours ago, Jeffery123 said:
  1. Conference finish (1st in the conference through 15th):  7
  2. Number of Hawks in the All-Star game and on the Rookie / Sophmore Teams:  2 (Young / Collins)
  3. Hawks leading scorer (points per game, minimum 42 games played): Prince 20 pts/game
  4. Hawks leading rebounder (rebounds per game, minimum 42 games played): Alex Len
  5. Expected W-L record as tracked on basketball reference (this is the expected record of the Hawks based on the number of points they score and give up)  - 41-41

Welcome To The Brightside!!

• Like 1

1. Conference finish (1st in conference through 15th) 15th
  2. Number of Hawks in the All-Star game and on the Rookie / Sophmore Teams ZERO/ONE
  3. Hawks leading scorer (points per game, minimum 42 games played) Collins
  4. Hawks leading rebounder (rebounds per game, minimum 42 games played) Collins
  5. Expected W-L record as tracked on basketball reference (this is the expected record of the Hawks based on the number of points they score and give up) 18-64

30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Revised predictions from 538 after pre season:

Hazey likey, the exact win total I’ve been trumpeting for months. Come on Mavs, we need TWO top 10 picks next draft! Come on Cavs, while we’re at it we’ll take that 11th-14th pick off your hands as well ??

Just now, hazer said:

Hazey likey, the exact win total I’ve been trumpeting for months. Come on Mavs, we need TWO top 10 picks next draft! Come on Cavs, while we’re at it we’ll take that 11th-14th pick off your hands as well ??

I actually believe this perfect storm could materialize and both Hawks and Mavs picks land in the 6th-10th range and Cavs pick lands in the 11th-14th range. Ole Schlenky, fire him right?

1 minute ago, hazer said:

I actually believe this perfect storm could materialize and both Hawks and Mavs picks land in the 6th-10th range and Cavs pick lands in the 11th-14th range. Ole Schlenky, fire him right?

Yes.  He should 100% be fired for what he has done to the Hawks.

• Moderators

I can't remember if i already voted:

1. Conference finish (1st in conference through 15th) 14th
  2. Number of Hawks in the All-Star game and on the Rookie / Sophmore Teams ONE/ONE
  3. Hawks leading scorer (points per game, minimum 42 games played) Young
  4. Hawks leading rebounder (rebounds per game, minimum 42 games played) Len
  5. Expected W-L record as tracked on basketball reference (this is the expected record of the Hawks based on the number of points they score and give up) 28-54  

28 wins

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, KB21 said:
  1. Conference finish (1st in conference through 15th) 15th
  2. Number of Hawks in the All-Star game and on the Rookie / Sophmore Teams ZERO/ONE
  3. Hawks leading scorer (points per game, minimum 42 games played) Collins
  4. Hawks leading rebounder (rebounds per game, minimum 42 games played) Collins
  5. Expected W-L record as tracked on basketball reference (this is the expected record of the Hawks based on the number of points they score and give up) 18-64

Don’t forget the main event - your prediction for the actual team record.  

As noted above, I will assume actual and expected record are the same if one or the other isn’t noted.

This is not a KB specific post - just a general reminder.

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Don’t forget the main event - your prediction for the actual team record.  

As noted above, I will assume actual and expected record are the same if one or the other isn’t noted.

This is not a KB specific post - just a general reminder.

Yes.  18-64 is my projected record.

• Like 1