• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks -- The Home Opener!

lethalweapon3

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Pierce may have to take a chance and put Trae back into this game.  The game will be over if he waits until the 2nd half to put him back in.   No playmakers in the offense to get people easy shots, so every one is going one on one.

Can't do it.  Pressure got to him tonight.  He's clearly pressing, can't trust him not to foul out in the 1st half unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

DONCIC IS ON THE DALLAS MAVERICKS! I DON'T CARE ABOUT HIM!!!!

Like it or not, he will be linked with the Hawks and Trae Young throughout both of their careers. We drafted him and traded him, so I understand why.

Pierce may have to take a chance and put Trae back into this game.  The game will be over if he waits until the 2nd half to put him back in.   No playmakers in the offense to get people easy shots, so every one is going one on one.

I don't envy Pierce in this position. We do need Trae, but it looks like the refs are determined to keep him in foul trouble.

• Premium Member
Just now, RWF said:

Like it or not, he will be linked with the Hawks and Trae Young throughout both of their careers. We drafted him and traded him, so I understand why.

But why are Hawks fans feeling 'vindicated' by the play of a guy on another team AGAINST the Hawks??? 

Mike Budenholzer really thought going from Carroll to Bazemore on the wing as a starter would have meant not much of a performance drop. That's just so so bad. There's having a great system, then having TOO much confidence in a system. And he was leaning to the latter.