• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks -- The Home Opener!

lethalweapon3

I cant believe we have 2 wins already, without Collins, and with such a horrible HC. Impressive...

3 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

If Philly beats the Bucks tonight, we won’t see him for a month. ?

lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

I cant believe we have 2 wins already, without Collins, and with such a horrible HC. Impressive...

lol

1/9 the way to 18 wins after only 4 games! Without J-Bap ?

• Like 2

Anyone else notice Trae got hardly any backstory from the commentators from ESPN during the game? Yet Luka was being talked about constantly. His family, his career, his hardships, his favorite cartoon villains, whether or not he wears boxers or briefs, etc.

Why do you think this is?

3 minutes ago, Azodl said:

Anyone else notice Trae got hardly any backstory from the commentators from ESPN during the game? Yet Luka was being talked about constantly. His family, his career, his hardships, his favorite cartoon villains, whether or not he wears boxers or briefs, etc.

Atlanta Hawks

1 minute ago, Azodl said:

Because he had the better game tonight..Foul trouble did Trae in early, and he was pressing..But he kept his head up and got the W.....Thats all that matters..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Azodl said:

I don't think u wanna know the answer and I won't say it on here because people don't wanna hear the truth

Just now, terrell said:

Because he had the better game tonight..Foul trouble did Trae in early, and he was pressing..But he kept his head up and got the W.....Thats all that matters..

And who cares what ESPN thinks? Doncic wasnt anything special tonight either. Just sayin..

Just now, Bonkers said:

I don't think u wanna know the answer and I won't say it on here because people don't wanna hear the truth

2 words: Bing. Go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Azodl said:

The rhetoric on Trae changed last February, when he started to struggle big time in Big XII play.  Most people thought he was completely exposed, and would be a bust.

Luka, on the other hand, has been hyped up as the next great Euro player.  Him winning the EuroBasket Championship ( and getting MVP in that tournament ), raised his stock even more.   ESPN has spent extensive time going into Luka's background, thinking that he was going to be the star of this draft class.   Trae's back story isn't compelling to them.  

Coach Pierce has these DNPs down to a science.  Next time Plumlee and Dorsey play they should contribute.

Baze was great but I’ve always been a Bembry guy.  He has an uncanny ability to feel the pulse of the game and help the team in whatever way necessary even while looking “bad” on the surface.  16 boards is excessive but I always expect him to have a healthy +/-.  He’s gonna post a game with 10 assists and/or 4 steals sooner than later.  

Doncic is a keeper but it’s always been hard for me to watch Dennis Smith Jr.  Think the game much, son.

Tied for the 4 seed baby lol.  LET’S GO.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Yup for sure they had each other’s backs and everything came together in the form of a beautiful win. As @Jody23 would say, on to the next one [emoji1375]!

I think it backfired bigtime on Matthews. He tried to get in the head of Trae instead Trae got in his head and he went out of control shooting a wild 3 and frustration foul when the game was still being decided

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, Bonkers said:

Exactly

After that fluke 1st Qtr from him and the rest of the mavs he looked like dumpster juice lol

You realize he averages 19 points per game, right?  The haterade is strong.

Both Doncic and Young are very exciting young talents.  The Hawks and Mavs have to be feeling pretty good about their top rookies 4 games into the year.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Doncic is a keeper but it’s always been hard for me to watch Dennis Smith Jr.  Think the game much, son.

The funny thing is that when he looked like he turned that ankle my first thought was, "Uh oh.  Now their offense is going to get much more in control."

• Like 2