• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I've decided to ignore folks who only post when we lose/struggle and who are absent when we win/show progress.

#AgendaSquawk

Ur quite popular with this post and I agree. BAM BAM ? (not ur BIL’s man crush Adebayo doh...)

32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

wrong

Lmao ? 

30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The good news:

Bembry is shooting 47% (8/17)  from 3.  Hopefully he keeps shooting it well.

Bembry is also #5 in Defensive Rating:

Bembry is growing on me like it’s nobody's business!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nope.

Can we stop pretending like Klay is capable of generating his own offense?  Dude had like 78 points in a quarter on 9 dribbles.  9 dribbles, people.

Really good player but he's not a guy who goes out and eats.  He gets fed.  That's not the max-alpha we need.

F Klay! I’ll never forget the post game interview in the 2016 western conference finals game 5 vs OKC. He was so flustered ? with the Warriors getting bottled up that he looked like a kid who was about to start crying I kid you not. I lost all respect for him right there. He’s just a whiny baby that’s been spoiled by Mychal in the islands mon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The good news:

That's actually really impressive. As the Boston and Milwaukee guys show, it's very much a team influenced stat. 

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The good news:

Excellent, I knew he had it in him. He should be 2nd PG, SG, and SF, major bench weapon. But those shooting stats should be impossible, he’s only working with Jent. We don’t have a shooting coach, remember? ?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, High5 said:

That's actually really impressive. As the Boston and Milwaukee guys show, it's very much a team influenced stat. 

1 hour ago, hazer said:

2 words: Bing. Go.

1 hour ago, hazer said:

Sooooo.....you misspoke ?

1 hour ago, hazer said:

Excellent, I knew he had it in him. He should be 2nd PG, SG, and SF, major bench weapon. But those shooting stats should be impossible, he’s only working with Jent. We don’t have a shooting coach, remember? ?

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Ohhhhh schnap!

'See whut had happ'nd was..." moment incoming.

One Giant 'LIKE' to all - I'm outta them suckas.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Guard said:

Eh, I’m not tripping over the loses this year. This is a rebuilding team and we clearly don’t have the personnel to be consistent on both sides of the ball. 

Exactly..

8 hours ago, hazer said:

He should be 1st sg or sf imo..

11 hours ago, Guard said:

Eh, I’m not tripping over the loses this year. This is a rebuilding team and we clearly don’t have the personnel to be consistent on both sides of the ball. 

With this being said, I'd really like to see Spellman and Huerter starting. I know it's a pipe dream to see all 3 of your 1st round picks (2 not in the top 10) starting this early, but I really enjoy watching those 3 on the court at the same time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Azodl said:

With this being said, I'd really like to see Spellman and Huerter starting. I know it's a pipe dream to see all 3 of your 1st round picks (2 not in the top 10) starting this early, but I really enjoy watching those 3 on the court at the same time.

That would also ensure that wins would be few and far between!  Whoop whoop!!

Maybe I'm too much in football mode but I think you can learn more from losses than wins. 

Context: Jared Goff went 1-11 in his first full season starting in college and went from that to going 1-1 from Cal in the NFL draft after 2015.

Announcers since then have talked (this is not word for word) about how Goff has told them he learned a heck of a lot more from failing than being successful. And he was blunt. He said they were terrible in 2013.

Of course, football has major momentum from one game to the other and in sports with long seasons, I have said that you cannot make a snap judgment that is too soon. But while yes, losing sucks, winning is fun, and much better to watch, there will be more than one player that will tell you that they learned more from failing.

• Like 1