• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

5 hours ago, pimp said:

Bembry and Treveon should be getting DNPs the rest of the years , unless someone gets injured.
 Trae, Kevin, Hunter, Cam , Teague, and Goodwin have Pg, Sg and Sf covered.

Hunter is out for the game against Dallas.

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, enrique said:

Here is a little crazy NBA karma for Dallas and ATL  

Dallas killed us without Luka last time. But maybe we can get the better of them this time. Luka is not really bothered by defenders all that much. He knows how to bully ball. But he can get cold from three. What I'm more worried about is some scrub off the bench lighting us up.

• Like 1

Should be a good one even being shorthanded for the usual reasons. Personally really like the positive competitiveness and comradery of Trae and Luka. They really are good for the league and am glad this new age dual includes the Hawks. Its pretty nice being in the news for cool stuff finally.

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Not only do I want Reddish on the ball guarding Luka, I want him fired up and to take this personal. 

When they bash the trade they may not know it but they are bashing Cam  too, I would love for him to have a little extra Trae Swagger tonight and go right at him on both ends

I really hate to say this, but Cam will end up on the bench with 2 fouls in the 1st quarter if he's on Luka. I'm calling it now. There's no way the refs are going to let Cam hound Doncic like he's capable of doing. They're going to set the tone early. I honestly hope I'm wrong and would love to see that match-up myself, but the pessimist in me already knows how that's going to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I really hate to say this, but Cam will end up on the bench with 2 fouls in the 1st quarter if he's on Luka. I'm calling it now. There's no way the refs are going to let Cam hound Doncic like he's capable of doing. They're going to set the tone early. I honestly hope I'm wrong and would love to see that match-up myself, but the pessimist in me already knows how that's going to go.

We are at home though. They should at least “let them play” aka allow Cam to hound Luka.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Oh so we're playing the refs are giving the game to Luka card now? Come on that's pathetic, that's a loser mentality. Go out there and compete.

• Premium Member

Hopefully we have a better showing vs Dallas this game.

Hunter didn't play the last game at Dallas either.

Cam only played 7 minutes, think that was his concussion game. Trae scored 12 points.

Hopefully Bruno has a better showing this game than he did last game.

• Like 4

Well Luka's out so all of the talk above is now meaningless (listed as right ankle soreness, but probably load management for him and Kristaps because they believe they can beat the Hawks without them).

Honestly that sucks. I was looking forward to seeing how he and Trae did, now I won't get the chance and I'm not sure I'll watch, plus Dallas is so good at sharing the ball without Luka and Kristaps.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Well Luka's out so all of the talk above is now meaningless (listed as right ankle soreness, but probably load management for him and Kristaps because they believe they can beat the Hawks without them).

Honestly that sucks. I was looking forward to seeing how he and Trae did, now I won't get the chance and I'm not sure I'll watch, plus Dallas is so good at sharing the ball without Luka and Kristaps.

The league needs to crack down on load management for road games. I know there is no way to police it because they can just fake an injury, but it really sucks for the fans.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Oh so we're playing the refs are giving the game to Luka card now? Come on that's pathetic, that's a loser mentality. Go out there and compete.

Unreal. Go back and re-read my post and substitute Luka with Harden, Lebron, Giannis, or any other star. Taking Luka out of the equation will allow you to clearly understand what I posted instead of immediately feeling the need to 'defend' him. What I posted was in no way a knock on Luka. The NBA always protects its stars, Trae included. I'll ignore the '"pathetic" and "loser mentality" comments to keep it civil. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hawkman said:

I hate that we are without Hunter. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Not only do I want Reddish on the ball guarding Luka, I want him fired up and to take this personal. 

When they bash the trade they may not know it but they are bashing Cam  too, I would love for him to have a little extra Trae Swagger tonight and go right at him on both ends

Luka and POrzingis are out. smh

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Don't worry.  You got me.

Image result for vince carter atlanta hawks

Ugh...............

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

WHAT!

THey scaaaared. lol. Says resting his ankle..Porzingis resting his knee..

Edited by terrell