• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae gets Love but it's always the added comments about his defense, team record, empty stats, not Luka, and his hair.  Lot's of time it's a backhanded 'compliment', like this lil doozy:

:blanky::blanky:

Yea, being on a team that has been in last place for a big chunk of the season will do that though. Beal gets plenty of the same type of comments himself. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, kg01 said:

I don't think we should tank but I agree he should just sit out until 100%.  We gotta try to win every night but shouldn't risk injuring him in the process.

There, that allows me to still disagree with you.  Gotta keep the streak alive.

I'm glad I know you like me cuz otherwise it'd be hurt feels on my part to have someone you like always disagree with  you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait for Capela to be 💯 but don’t voluntarily tank. We need to play hard and build momentum heading into next season Soth. Only championship caliber teams can turn it on and off. Unfortunately as a young team we don’t have this luxury...and from here on out, we need to forget about tanking and let the chips fall where they may.

We have to gel, we have to learn how to play hard, how to win. What happens if we are losing again next year? Should we tank again? At some point you have to finish fueling the rocket, time for liftoff. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I have YouTubeTV. Any advice or suggestions for me?

I'm like the ultimate non-expert on this, but the Twitterati are suggesting Hulu Plus Live TV or Fubo TV. Sling apparently hasn't carried the FSN Regionals for awhile.

EDIT: update for those who already have Sling TV but haven't had access to Fox Sports Regionals...

~lw3

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah this is bs.  anyone have experience with League pass using a vpn to get around blackouts?  Crazy there are even blackouts given every game is televised on fox SSE

No but I need one badly. I live in New Mexico and I'm not allowed to watch any time the Hawks play the Nuggets or Suns no matter what city the game is in. It is the biggest pile of bull$h!t.

Do you have a VPN that would get around that?

On 2/26/2020 at 8:58 AM, AUhawksfan said:

Lebron is arrogant and has no hairline.  Harden can't play defense.  Westbrook is not a good teammate.  Durant is soft.  Kyrie doesn't know how to win by himself.  Embiid is not a leader.

Let's not act like criticisms of Trae is anything new or different than any other big name.  When you have a superstar, they're going to come.  Doesn't mean he is still not a popular player and people see how game changing he is.

If he needs it for motivation, great.  I think we're all just new to having a Hawk with so much attention on them.  While mostly good, there is some bad along with it like any other big time player but I'm just happy we're getting noticed lol.

How about this . . . Will Cain says Trae ranks #5 among NBA players 21 and under.  Here is his list

1) Luka

2) Jayson Tatum

3) Zion

4) Ja Morant

5) Trae

His reason for Trae being #5?   

"He's good. But his numbers don't translate into winning."

This is a player averaging 30 ppg - 9 asst - 4 rebs - 44% FG and 37% 3FG  . . ranked FIFTH.

• Like 1