• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

My favorite drummers (being a drummer for 60 years myself) are Buddy Rich, Billy Cobham, and Ringo Starr (completely different drummers, but all excellent in their own way). 
But this (then) 16-year old drummer reminds me of Trae.
He's young, flashy, but has tons of skill as well.  
Get through it all.  Amazing stuff toward the end!

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

My favorite drummers (being a drummer for 60 years myself) are Buddy Rich, Billy Cobham, and Ringo Starr (completely different drummers, but all excellent in their own way). 
But this (then) 16-year old drummer reminds me of Trae.
He's young, flashy, but has tons of skill as well.  
Get through it all.  Amazing stuff toward the end!

Reminds me a bit of a Neal Peart drum solo.  Some of the parts even sound similar in how they are composed.  Very nice.

On 1/31/2022 at 9:48 AM, benhillboy said:

Individual ratings are by far the best simple rating for a player IMO.  There are outliers for sure, notably Dre’s defensive rating.  

The methodology is the closest to science projects we had to do as a kid: isolating variables to learn about the control.  It strives to find the impact of a player when the other 9 guys on the floor are perfectly average: makes a ton of sense to me.  How do you explain Gary Payton Jr having the best offensive rating by far on the warriors and a defensive rating tied with Draymond when he’s usually running with a bunch of cast-offs and a rookie?  It’s because all he does is stop opponents dribble, dunk, and rarely makes mistakes. No ones gonna tell me OO hasn’t been keying this win streak when his ratings and my eyes scream that he has.

I just been studying it a long time and there are loads of facets of the game contained in those two little numbers.

The creator of the stat admits that defensive rating is heavily dependent on the team's defense. And for offensive rating the smaller your role the easier it is to have a big number. Payton II is a good defender who can go all out for 16 mpg while playing with other solid to great defenders and, as you say, he's asked to very little on offense on a team with a great system (and Mr. Gravity himself). So his ratings are understandably strong. Players like Hunter who play on sketchy defensive teams and don't rack up steals/blocks are significantly undervalued by defensive rating. 

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm actually surprised (pleasantly) how influential Deion has been.  His message is a nice one and is being duplicated elsewhere.  Reggie Theus at Southern is another trying to do similar things.  Kenny Anderson at Fisk as well.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm actually surprised (pleasantly) how influential Deion has been.  His message is a nice one and is being duplicated elsewhere.  Reggie Theus at Southern is another trying to do similar things.  Kenny Anderson at Fisk as well.

What about Penny at Memphis… shots 🔥 

26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Let's play my favorite game, "Is it wrong?  Am I wrong?"

Is it wrong, am I wrong .... to be glad Stan Van can't get another coaching job.  All the thinly veiled hate he was giving Trae last night.

STAN {insert my high pitch Stan coaching yelling voice} wasn’t a great coach. I still say the success in Orlando came from my boy Rashard Lewis of Alief but I digress. Oh and our top 7 fav 2001 X King Hedo Turkoglu.

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

STAN {insert my high pitch Stan coaching yelling voice} wasn’t a great coach. I still say the success in Orlando came from my boy Rashard Lewis of Alief but I digress. Oh and our top 7 fav 2001 X King Hedo Turkoglu.

And as much as I hate Howard, he was a freak of nature in his Orlando years.

• Like 2