• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

On 1/3/2022 at 9:12 PM, Spud2nique said:

If Trae Young was a Knick, would he be Spike Lee’s favorite player of all time over Ewing, Oakley, Spree or Allan Houston? 

I think Spike would salivate 🤤 over Trae. That’s all. 

Funny you should say this.

I saw this clip and had an epiphany and decided to share it to help folks understand the mind of an anti-Trae'er.

See, when an anti-Trae guy/gal watches Trae's excellence.  They're not seeing his actual play.  In their minds, they're imaging he's playing like this ...

... which is why they can see him carrying a team but still compare him to the friggin Monta Ellis and Lou Williams of the world.

It's a weird delusion.

If Trae was as bad as these jacklegs imagine him to be, he'd be Immanuel Quickley.

And, as you said, if he played for that team he'd be revered by them slacked-jawed "fans".

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I saw this clip and had an epiphany and decided to share it to help folks understand the mind of an anti-Trae'er.

See, when an anti-Trae guy/gal watches Trae's excellence.  They're not seeing his actual play.  In their minds, they're imaging he's playing like this ...

... which is why they can see him carrying a team but still compare him to the friggin Monta Ellis and Lou Williams of the world.

It's a weird delusion.

If Trae was as bad as these jacklegs imagine him to be, he'd be Immanuel Quickley.

And, as you said, if he played for that team he'd be revered by them slacked-jawed "fans".

Trae would be the best Knick ever.

Over Ewing soon (I still respect ole skoo) and Walt (fabulictiquilositine; don’t look it up it’s a Walt word) Frazier. 

Spike would have all of Trae’s jersey’s and Trae would be a part of jumpman with MJ and have already played in 1700 movies because he’s in New York. 😩 when does it end. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae would be the best Knick ever.

Over Ewing soon (I still respect ole skoo) and Walt (fabulictiquilositine; don’t look it up it’s a Walt word) Frazier. 

Spike would have all of Trae’s jersey’s and Trae would be a part of jumpman with MJ and have already played in 1700 movies because he’s in New York. 😩 when does it end. 

Yeah it's true.   Let's hope he never wants to leave atlanta.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's a weird delusion.

I had to look again to see how much time was left on the clock :laugh1:.  Thought they NEEDED that 3.:laugh1::laugh1:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

In the Memphis game yesterday announcers kept saying Ja is in the MVP conversation.   I'm so tired of Trae just getting ignored. 

The reason:

Memphis #3 seed in the West well ahead of expectations

Atlanta #12 seed in the East well below expectations

MVP talk is frequently very similar to most improved talk.  Who is putting up better numbers on a team that is significantly outperforming projections?  That is how you bypass guys like Shaq and LeBron for MVP for the exciting up and comer on that team that few members of the media expected to be this good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

In the Memphis game yesterday announcers kept saying Ja is in the MVP conversation.   I'm so tired of Trae just getting ignored. 

Memphis and ATL are trending in opposite directions. Memphis won 11 straight and Ja is the tip of the spear for them. It is what it is.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1