• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think this tweet is going to find it's trolly way onto RgM along with a new nickname for Trae.

They called Gary Payton the 'Glove'.  Well, let me introduce you to .... the 'Mitten'

(pause for applause)

That's what Steve Smith called Kyle Korver. 😆 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, High5 said:

Defensive rating is heavily dependent on the team. It’s not a great individual stat. Still, Trae has been part of the improvement so it’s not totally undeserved.

You're right but 'they' use every defensive metric, no matter how team-dependent it is, to deride Trae's individual defense when we struggle.  We should be able to use it in the reverse now.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think this tweet is going to find it's trolly way onto RgM along with a new nickname for Trae.

They called Gary Payton the 'Glove'.  Well, let me introduce you to .... the 'Mitten'

(pause for applause)

I love how he went after the big bullies right away too. :sarcastic:He didn’t warm up picking on a point guard but rather the big boys like Jimi and Miles. 

it’s like prison, he went to show the others to back the f up.

B8180EF0-5054-454E-8F91-EFFE476657F9.jpeg

A4E85616-565D-45CE-9A44-419EFCF05BCD.jpeg

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I love how he went after the big bullies right away too. :sarcastic:He didn’t warm up picking on a point guard but rather the big boys like Jimi and Miles. 

it’s like prison, he went to show the others to back the f up.

B8180EF0-5054-454E-8F91-EFFE476657F9.jpeg

A4E85616-565D-45CE-9A44-419EFCF05BCD.jpeg

All right.  I have begun to knit the yarn about the Mitten.  I gave you and stu a shout.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You're right but 'they' use every defensive metric, no matter how team-dependent it is, to deride Trae's individual defense when we struggle.  We should be able to use it in the reverse now.

You can start citing stats you made up for all I care. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'll do anything to get 'the Mitten' to stick as a nickname.

Be sure to throw in there that the mavs are Better with Luka off the court. Cause that is always brought up in some context over there. 

also, someone with far more talent than me needs to photoshop some trae mittens on the Neil Tyson gif where he holds his hands up. Make that go mainstream, and you may be on to something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/29/2022 at 10:06 AM, High5 said:

Defensive rating is heavily dependent on the team. It’s not a great individual stat. Still, Trae has been part of the improvement so it’s not totally undeserved.

Individual ratings are by far the best simple rating for a player IMO.  There are outliers for sure, notably Dre’s defensive rating.  

The methodology is the closest to science projects we had to do as a kid: isolating variables to learn about the control.  It strives to find the impact of a player when the other 9 guys on the floor are perfectly average: makes a ton of sense to me.  How do you explain Gary Payton Jr having the best offensive rating by far on the warriors and a defensive rating tied with Draymond when he’s usually running with a bunch of cast-offs and a rookie?  It’s because all he does is stop opponents dribble, dunk, and rarely makes mistakes. No ones gonna tell me OO hasn’t been keying this win streak when his ratings and my eyes scream that he has.

I just been studying it a long time and there are loads of facets of the game contained in those two little numbers.

Edited by benhillboy

I misspoke and said this assist was Kevin’s instead it was Bogi.  Traes third made three was one of my favorite plays of his ever:

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?ContextMeasure=FG3M&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022100751&PlayerID=1629027&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

I criticized him in the past for not playing the baseline enough, not getting off the ball properly, not taking enough corner threes, not empowering his mates enough to be playmakers.  He did it all here in a few seconds.  Instant team offensive rating booster.  This was mirror image Steph shit.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

In our last game, ball going all over, Trae ended up in the corner.  He shot.  Nothing but net for three!  "That was so good I may try that again sometime!"  Good things may happen when you play off the ball.  It opens lots of possibilities.

🥰