• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• Premium Member

When do they announce player of the week?  I'm assuming Trae has this locked up.

He's one it once every year of his career, this would be the first time he won it twice in a season...and still a lot games to go.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, shakes said:

When do they announce player of the week?  I'm assuming Trae has this locked up.

He's one it once every year of his career, this would be the first time he won it twice in a season...and still a lot games to go.

They'll bend over backwards to give it to JoeLLLL even though our team record is better over this week.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

To Philly fans the whole 'winning matters' only matters when they are winning.   they're upset and they went 2-2 against some middling teams.   JoeL ball hogged his way to 40 ppg and they are astounded.  

Did the same vs us in the playoffs.

I'll wait for the 'empty stats' moniker to be affixed to JoeLLLLL as it should.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, sturt said:

Can this be true? I'm wary. But I really, really want to believe it. Openly admitting to confirmation bias here.

//om/bames_barden/status/1487264712874242048?s=20&t=vXwI3RYXR74W2Yl

Da man. It is more related to team defense but he is playing his role. The one thing I said before and will keep saying is that Trae can overcome his size issues with his scrappiness and his high basketball IQ. When he understands what the other team is trying to do offensively he can anticipate the actions and disrupt the play development by gumming up the actions. He can also call out their offensive sets so our defensive stars like CC and Dre can be in a better position to make a play.  We are starting to see this now. Right now, we are playing better than we ever did last year. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, sturt said:

Can this be true? I'm wary. But I really, really want to believe it. Openly admitting to confirmation bias here.

//om/bames_barden/status/1487264712874242048?s=20&t=vXwI3RYXR74W2Yl

As much as I cite defensive rating I gotta honor it, as anomalous and ridiculous as it sounds.  Dre is a special case where his rating falls and everyone around him spikes because he’s taking so many different assignments at the point of attack. Quick guards, cerebral guards, scoring wings. Trae is still a 117 on the season sample size but Schlenk masterfully built this team to where if they’re healthy Trae can be a net-neutral team defender and even pay dividends through well-timed double teams.  I haven’t really noticed but obviously his steals and rebounds in this stretch are above his averages.

Edited by benhillboy