• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

Anytime a team loses you'll see fans point to some player who played more minutes than another player. We've had many discussions on here about Pero, Moose, Delaney, etc. It's a common thing. I think LP relies too much on VC, but he really is the only veteran leader we have. It's understandable that you want his presence out there in those spots. I think LP also feels pressure from it being VC's last season. There may have even been some kind of gentlemen's agreement when the contract was signed. 

Either way, his minutes should decrease with John's return and hopefully Bruno gaining more trust. And then he'll be retired and no one will have to complain about his minutes anymore. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, High5 said:

Anytime a team loses you'll see fans point to some player who played more minutes than another player. We've had many discussions on here about Pero, Moose, Delaney, etc. It's a common thing. I think LP relies too much on VC, but he really is the only veteran leader we have. It's understandable that you want his presence out there in those spots. I think LP also feels pressure from it being VC's last season. There may have even been some kind of gentlemen's agreement when the contract was signed. 

Either way, his minutes should decrease with John's return and hopefully Bruno gaining more trust. And then he'll be retired and no one will have to complain about his minutes anymore. 

You play Vince in the 2nd quarter.  If he's hot, give him some more run.  If it's a blowout, give him some more run.

Otherwise, he shouldn't be playing more than 10 minutes a night, 15 max.

Tonight:  26 minutes . . . 6th most on the team.  And he was completely ineffective in his last 13 minutes on the floor.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You play Vince in the 2nd quarter.  If he's hot, give him some more run.  If it's a blowout, give him some more run.

Otherwise, he shouldn't be playing more than 10 minutes a night, 15 max.

Tonight:  26 minutes . . . 6th most on the team.  And he was completely ineffective in his last 13 minutes on the floor.

He was hot. Kept us in the game early. He lost it, though. And, as I said, I think LP relied on him too much. 

I don't realize what it is with these Atlanta franchises, but they persist to move on from champion/winning coaches like Bud, with whom we've accomplished the greatest since the '80s, you preserve them at any expense. Similar to Kyle Shanahan, champion offensive intellect you cannot allow him to depart at any expense. 

These are champions that don't grow on 🍃 trees. Acknowledge and perform anything to maintain them in the building.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

I don't realize what it is with these Atlanta franchises, but they persist to move on from champion/winning coaches like Bud, with whom we've accomplished the greatest since the '80s, you preserve them at any expense. Similar to Kyle Shanahan, champion offensive intellect you cannot allow him to depart at any expense. 

These are champions that don't grow on 🍃 trees. Acknowledge and perform anything to maintain them in the building.

Bud wanted out of the rebuild (that he helped make a necessity) and Shanahan got promoted. Not much you can do about it. Neither of them have won a championship, though. Not yet anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LP must've looked at Twitter before he did this interview.  Even he admits that he should've called time out to get Trae back in.

And that "offense for defense" lineup needs to be changed . . . because that lineup couldn't defend the Miami Hurricanes, let alone the Heat.

I think LP regrets this and have a feeling we will not see Trae on the bench at the end of a tight game in the near future.

• Like 4

Baby 👶 Kawhi showed out a bit on this one with the lovely outside touch and some vicious inside drives. His most field goals made (11) as a pro and a career high 28 points. Now that’s more like a 4th overall pick.

We had this one in hand 🖐. Lotta positives to stay in this one with Trae having an off night for his standards.

The Bulls are a team that Trae targets. Quick bounce back and get ready for chi town tomorrow. 

Go Hawks!!!

• Like 4