• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And then complain about the team being poor at rebounding.

And you compound that by consistently playing Vince at PF.

I’m so tired of seeing his old ass at pf ....just use Bruno at pf and or shorten the rotation smh

im not saying we should fire pierce but goodness he’s not making these games easy to watch 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Or maybe it wasn’t the brightest idea to place a young new coach (who clearly has just as much to learn as the young men he’s teaching) to coach these new young players coming into the league

.....just sayin 

And you know what you get with a 'more experienced' coach - the Knicks - who plays the vets over the young core players. Or Bud who didn't want to rebuild. You can't have it both ways.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m so tired of seeing his old ass at pf ....just use Bruno at pf and or shorten the rotation smh

im not saying we should fire pierce but goodness he’s not making these games easy to watch 

You guys really need to stop over reacting about Bruno.  He is super raw and if you would have left him out there when Miami went small, the game wouldn't have even went to over time. 

Mind you I'm a Bruno fan, but there's a reason he's not getting as many minutes as the other rookies.  He got roasted in the one of the recent games he was in and I didn't see so much talk about coach not playing him then.  

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

And you know what you get with a 'more experienced' coach - the Knicks - who plays the vets over the young core players. Or Bud who didn't want to rebuild. You can't have it both ways.

Why do I have to get the Knicks ...why can’t I get a Jason Kidd who got some coaching years under his feet before he got with a young Giannis....

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

PIerce has mostly done a good job despite some in game issues.  Firing him now would be dumb.  If we had depth and real vets then maybe you could bring in a vet type coach to make a difference but the next guy will just be in the same boat.

It's called growing pains for both the coach and the young players. Sometimes, despite screwups you gotta dig deep, not lay down.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

PIerce has mostly done a good job despite some in game issues.  Firing him now would be dumb.  If we had depth and real vets then maybe you could bring in a vet type coach to make a difference but the next guy will just be in the same boat.

I don’t think anyone believes he should be fired. We get he’s learning on the job but he deserves his criticism just like young players like cam and bembry get on these boards

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

Why do I have to get the Knicks ...why can’t I get a Jason Kidd who got some coaching years under his feet before he got with a young Giannis....

Because every circumstance is never the same. Kidd went straight from playing to coaching a veteran laden team. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I was wrong, Kevin is better than Hunter. Hunter is better two way but Kevin PDS is super legit

Kevin is better than Hunter for now, but I believe both guys are still gonna be better than they are now. No telling how good. They are both young. These baby Hawks have a bright future.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Having JC back is really going to be nice. It's going to make a big difference.

Having JC back will definitely give the Hawks a boost, covering for deficits in other parts of the team, taking away minutes from guys that shouldn't be in the rotation or should be deep in it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

You guys really need to stop over reacting about Bruno.  He is super raw and if you would have left him out there when Miami went small, the game wouldn't have even went to over time. 

Mind you I'm a Bruno fan, but there's a reason he's not getting as many minutes as the other rookies.  He got roasted in the one of the recent games he was in and I didn't see so much talk about coach not playing him then.  

This is flat out false.  He's not getting minutes because the coach views the mistakes that he makes with far more scrutiny, than he does with the other rookies. 

He's the one guy on the team that will always run out at 3 point shooters if one is in his area.  This means all of those shots that Jimmy Chitwood was taking off screens, may have been contested a few times by a lunging 6-10 Bruno.

He's also the best rebounder on the team, despite not being able to get the minutes to really put up numbers in that area.

The big thing is that LP consistently puts out these small lineups. Playing Vince at the 4 is absolutely unacceptable.  He's not going to rebound nor run out at shooters at that spot.

At this point in his career, Bruno should be used as a "glue guy" off the bench.  Whether he's producing points or not, he can affect the game in many different areas.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JTB said:

I don’t think anyone believes he should be fired. We get he’s learning on the job but he deserves his criticism just like young players like cam and bembry get on these boards

Really??? Have you read EVERY single post in this thread? 

I find no fault with well deserved critism and Pierce owned the mistake.

• Like 2