• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

8 hours ago, terrell said:

Not this shit again. smdh

He looked completely shook when the Heat tied it up, looked checked out, ignoring Vince. I love the kid but that stuff can break up a locker room quick. Could be reaching, hope I am honestly, just saying what it looked like to me.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, hawkman said:

+10000 to this. I actually like LP but I can't defend him on this one. I was waiting for the timeout and sub and was flabbergasted when LP kept Bembry in there on offense. It was like Miami wanted Bembry to have the ball in his hands. They face guarded Huerter to force him to keep it and throw up yet another lame shot with ZERO chance of going in and ZERO rebounding underneath. 

If we had legit backup PG that substitution would not have hurt so much.  Also, Trae had his lunch eaten by Nunn and the heat were doing an excellent job of trapping him and forcing someone else to beat them. Also, the traps were getting to Trae and as a result, he started forcing his offense and was being overly aggressive trying to contribute. He airballed quite a few shots and kept getting lost among the trees. Hunter had a great look at a game-winning corner three that he completely air balled and Vince had a traveling violation that he followed up with a bad shot. We can blame Pierce if we want, but he isn't the only reason we lost tonight. We lack depth at key positions and this team is still learning how to win.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

If we had legit backup PG that substitution would not have hurt so much.  Also, Trae had his lunch eaten by Nunn and the heat were doing an excellent job of trapping him and forcing someone else to beat them. Also, the traps were getting to Trae and as a result, he started forcing his offense and was being overly aggressive trying to contribute. He airballed quite a few shots and kept getting lost among the trees. Hunter had a great look at a game-winning corner three that he completely air balled and Vince had a traveling violation that he followed up with a bad shot. We can blame Pierce if we want, but he isn't the only reason we lost tonight. We lack depth at key positions and this team is still learning how to win.

Miami doubled all things Trae and when they didn't Trae busted their ass. We don't have an offensive player outside of Trae who can constantly draw doubles and create good things for others. LP should have called a timeout. A newbie or a YMCA coach would have done it. The biggest issue I had was why the f*** you put Bembry in the game over Reddish?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, High5 said:

I feel like Bud would hate coaching Trae. He'd probably send him to the bench every time he started the game with a 30-footer. 

LP must hate him too. On the bench at crunchtime with 2 timeouts. smh

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, hawkzlova123 said:

I don't realize what it is with these Atlanta franchises, but they persist to move on from champion/winning coaches like Bud, with whom we've accomplished the greatest since the '80s, you preserve them at any expense. Similar to Kyle Shanahan, champion offensive intellect you cannot allow him to depart at any expense. 

These are champions that don't grow on 🍃 trees. Acknowledge and perform anything to maintain them in the building.

How do you keep a guy who wants to leave in Bud? Wasn't interested in the rebuild. He had EVERY opportunity to coach Trae.

How do you keep an assistant coach that gets a chance to be a Head Coach in Shanahan?

• Like 2

The Butler did it!  He missed that game winning shot that sent the game into overtime.

The Hawks missed 7 free throws, 5 in regulation.  Make just one and Hawks win!  Free throws count and those missed shots will kill you in a tight game, like the Heat game.

Huerter had used up all his allotted time.  Killed us late in the game.  Hind sight is always 20-20.  We can all look back and see where we went wrong.  Hawks had a good game plan and executed it well.  That's why we ended up with that 6 point lead in the last minute.  Otherwise, Hawks would have been long gone by that time in the game.

Yes, we lost again.   Played the Heat a much better game than before, didn't we.  This one hurts so bad.  Along with Nique, we thought that 6 point lead would hold.  So did Trae.  Lesson for all of us.  As Yogi would have said, "It ain't over 'til it's over."

This was 10 in a row, winning at home.  Seems that other teams haven't won there either.

We start all over again tonight.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:clapping:

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Disappointed in the loss. Others have pointed out the bad coaching but we also need to point out poor roster management. We have no real backup point guard. We have Trae getting double teamed every time when it matters because teams have literally no fear whatsoever in any of our other players burning them for doing so. 

Hopefully this piece of humble pie will keep Trae from calling games before they are,  ya know, actually over. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, this is one of those times it's good people don't pay much attention to us.  Trae absolutely gave the 'it's ovah' sign after that Len lay-in late.  Yikes.

And, of course, Nique called game early too.  I wasn't scared until I heard him call it.

In fairness I yelled to my gf... THATS 2 in a row baby doll!!!! 🤦‍♀️ 

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

(His defense is special)

Much like with Trae, everyone saw the distance shooting at OU and compared him to Curry. When we got him we learned his special power was actually his passing and ability to find people.

With Cam coming in, we or at least I looked at him like Tmac (which he does resemble offensively) but he clamps 🗜 down on people on D with that long wingspan. It’s very refreshing to have somebody like Cam come in and play D like this. Again, uncharted waters for us. 
I mean of course Stacey Augmon came in and gave us some really awesome D but that was what the entire nation knew him for anyways at UNLV.

Trae n Cam ....it’s gonna be something nice 👍🏾 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I can't lie, I thought it was over too.

Screw the heat, man.

Ya this blows. You are 0-3 against the BIL. Mark ur calendar 📅 for (no not the 17th) for the 20th of February...Hawks host the Heat for the final time this season. The kids will have a couple more months of maturation, then it’s on.

We need to salvage that game in this series for future pride.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 2