• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Use Kevin as secondary ball handler more. He's really the only guy on the team up to the job.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Damn the minutes restrictions.

Kevin has really impressed me with his improved ball handling.  Shot out to Hunter too he had an excellent game. This is the type of offense we need going forward.  The lane will unclog with a few more of these games!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, turnermx said:

Judging by the eye test, Heurter is at least 90% healthy.   Why couldn't he play the OT for 5 minutes? 😑

Back to Back, I'm assuming.  Medical science is much improved and the plans they work out for these players are for the best outcomes this season and going forward. I know the loss stings, but Kevin's health is imperative going forward.  

With just Kevin's return the Hawks are much improved!  Come on back John Collins we need you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Or maybe, just maybe he's a 2nd year coach learning the job. 

We've all gotta start somewhere. I'm sure Larry Brown was better as a coach the older he got...just saying.

Or maybe it wasn’t the brightest idea to place a young new coach (who clearly has just as much to learn as the young men he’s teaching) to coach these new young players coming into the league

.....just sayin 

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Horrible start...great middle, and a horrible finish including OT.

Both rookies played well. At least early on, it felt like to me Young was taking a bit of a back seat and distributing or trying to create double teams to allow easy swing arounds (to those that have said that he's been trying to force too much) but he did struggle some with the double teams at times. 

Very questionable to not call a timeout to get Young back in after the first 3, and it was disappointing to allow 2 layup like 3's in a row.

Definitely one that ended up feeling like it should've been win until that horrible flurry.

I also was thinking to myself about how it was becoming apparent that Kevin was really missed.

This can't be said enough.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Back to Back, I'm assuming.  Medical science is much improved and the plans they work out for these players are for the best outcomes this season and going forward. I know the loss stings, but Kevin's health is imperative going forward.  

With just Kevin's return the Hawks are much improved!  Come on back John Collins we need you!

if he plays 25 again tomorrow thats 50 minutes in 2 nights..good point.. in the long run the restraint should pay off.

• Like 2