• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, JTB said:

Camp or Supes
@NBASupes @thecampster

heard anything about hawks, warriors, pacers doing a 3 team trade ?

Aaahh....good old bleacher report where the Hawks end up with Wiggins and Minny 2021 1st.

GSW gets Turner and #6, Indy gets #2.

They laid out the case for why both GSW and Indy does it but all they could muster for the Hawks was 'they  can absorb his monster contract and use another scorer'

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Aaahh....good old bleacher report where the Hawks end up with Wiggins and Minny 2021 1st.

They laid out the case for why both GSW and Indy does it but all they could muster for the Hawks was 'they  can absorb his monster contract and use another scorer'

Beat me to it. That trade is hot garbage.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

BR has the best draft prospect updates with their stock but the WORST trade info. Their insiders are BAD and they can't decipher. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Camp or Supes
@NBASupes @thecampster

heard anything about hawks, warriors, pacers doing a 3 team trade ?

No...though there is interest from Washington to move up for Onyeka Okongwu. Which is why its funny his mock has them taking him at 9. They believe they'd have to move up to 6 or 7 to get him.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

No...though there is interest from Washington to move up for Onyeka Okongwu. Which is why its funny his mock has them taking him at 9. They believe they'd have to move up to 6 or 7 to get him.

This was a pretty big one after the draft lottery but it died down as Washington didn't like the asking price to move up. 

53 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This was a pretty big one after the draft lottery but it died down as Washington didn't like the asking price to move up. 

Well to be fair, pretty much everyone "isn't interested right now" because nobody knows their cap parameters and what their rosters will be next year. Talk will pick up and offers will loosen around Nov 4th (two weeks before the draft).

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

If we pick up another monster ending contract to facilitate a trade to help other teams I'm going to go ballistic! 

We aren't giving up #6 to take on salary unless its a more complete player than Wiggins. If we had something in the teens, I think we'd do it. 6 is too valuable.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Had to make sure it had no real legs 🤷🏾‍♂️😂 

8 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Did you see the proposed three team trade involving the Hawks from Wasserman in his latest mock?

Lol I haven’t but what really caught my attention about the bleacher report one is that Minny 1st the hawks would get back since next years draft class is considered top notch. I know we aren’t going after assets anymore but respectively Wiggins is not the worst player to get back in such a deal . His contract is hot garbage but at the very least he gives you another wing plus comes with that 2021 pick.

i wouldn’t do it! But I can see why a GM like ours would try to make sense out of it due to the 2021 draft asset we’d get back . But hey it has no legs so glad about that.

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well to be fair....we can and will absorb a big contract but we don't have to give away 6 to do that. We can just buy BPA and keep 6. Even if we spent 20 mil on a player and he isn't quite as good as Wiggins. Player x + 6 is better than just Wiggins at the same salary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Well to be fair....we can and will absorb a big contract but we don't have to give away 6 to do that. We can just buy BPA and keep 6. Even if we spent 20 mil on a player and he isn't quite as good as Wiggins. Player x + 6 is better than just Wiggins at the same salary.

What type of player could that be though?  Not asking for inside info, just trying to wrap my brain around the concept.

Like a Tobias Harris or Hield type?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

How big a contract will that be and how many years? Of the ~$42 million in capspace,  how much do you allocate to actual to long term FAs vs this 'absorbing big contract?'

I've been an advocate of taking on a player(s) via a trade that can actual help, preferably a player(s) that can be with the team for more than one season, but I'm ok with 1 year deals depending on the player for pure capspace. 

I think Schlenk still would like to retain some financial flexible for the 2021 offseason

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How big a contract will that be and how many years? Of the ~$42 million in capspace,  how much do you allocate to actual to long term FAs vs this 'absorbing big contract?'

I've been an advocate of taking on a player(s) via a trade that can actual help, preferably a player(s) that can be with the team for more than one season, but I'm ok with 1 year deals depending on the player for pure capspace. 

I think Schlenk still would like to retain some financial flexible for the 2021 offseason

2021 Collins is up for an extension and if he anywhere close to a season like he played down the stretch this year it will be for the max. The following year we will have to extend Trae so they need to spend it this year (IMHO).

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

2021 Collins is up for an extension and if he anywhere close to a season like he played down the stretch this year it will be for the max. The following year we will have to extend Trae so they need to spend it this year (IMHO).

He's not a max cat at all right now. Let him bet high on himself or sign an ext deal similar to Sabonis