Ask Supes

NBASupes

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Do they think he is going to go from being a relatively modest scoring player in Europe to a league leading scorer in the NBA?  He averaged 7.2 and 12.8 points per game the last two years.  He wasn't the leading scorer for his team and only took the 3rd most shots per game on the roster.  But next Harden?!?  This screams ssssttttrrrreeeettttccchhhh to me and I think he is a pretty interesting prospect.  If we land him, I would throw those Harden comparisons out the window.  Using that measuring stick is like setting him up to fail.

I have a stomach like Santa....nobody is saying I'm the next Santa.

He uses his body to create like Harden...that's the comparison. That is very different than "he's the next Harden". 

Also, Harden scored 9.9, 12.2 and 16.8 ppg his first 3 years in the league. He was 20 when he entered the league. This kid declared at 18.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I don't think we are skipping steps.  these are the steps.  This is why we worked so hard to have all this cap space.  So we can acquire talent without giving up much if any.

The bolded is the critical path.  

1 hour ago, terrell said:

I mentioned trading 6 for Boston picks a while back..lol

#14 Nesmith

#26 Bane

#30 Tre Jones

That's an easy NO.

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Will will not be getting bad salaries!  This really depends on the final deals but in the 10 man rotation, we would be getting 2, maybe 3 upgrades depending on your opinions. If it all goes down, we are a top 6 team in the East this year "IMHO".

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Boston is kind of ****'d right now.  They don't want all these picks and this is not a draft where people are super excited about picks in general let alone the range that Boston is picking.  I'm sure they would eagerly trade their picks this year for an unprotected pick in the future.  Good luck find the chump GM that would agree to that kind of BS trade.

They talked to almost every team in the lottery and were flipped the bird....no not Larry Bird...the real bird. Boston really tried to lay low but they are starting to reek of desperation. They are one of a few teams holding up what will be a flood of activity.

The Sees love to show off with their treasure chest of picks, here's to hoping they get stuck with them like they did a few years ago.

image.png

• Like 4

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I have a stomach like Santa....nobody is saying I'm the next Santa.

He uses his body to create like Harden...that's the comparison. That is very different than "he's the next Harden". 

Also, Harden scored 9.9, 12.2 and 16.8 ppg his first 3 years in the league. He was 20 when he entered the league. This kid declared at 18.

I'm in line with your thoughts - not the title from the video that you posted.  For Harden what always stood out to me about him was his amazing scoring efficiency.  Few players can replicate that especially as the volume increases but Harden did exactly that.  It's impressive.

• Premium Member

Celtics, Magic, Wizards trading up in draft?The 2020 NBA draft is as unpredictable as can be. Rumors are all over the place, and teams are trying to trade up, down, or completely out. League sources say both the Celtics and Magic are trying to move up into the mid-lottery using their own first-round picks, and the Wizards are angling to move up from no. 9.

Any discussions with the Magic or Wizards in a trade down scenario?

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Any discussions with the Magic or Wizards in a trade down scenario?

If we can't get value we would draft at

6 or be out of the top 10. I don't see the Magic or Wizards as dance partners (could be wrong).

Edited by thecampster
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@thecampster

I am hearing they are going big or go depth. They want to sign at least two vets or trade for one and sign another no matter what. But they want to resign both Jeff and Skal. I'll talk about Jeff in more details after the CBA agreement as I need comfirmation

Any movement on the CBA update?

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A lot of teams want to be in that 6-8 range. I should add 5-8 range. It's the hot spot in this draft. 

What's our general asking price for teams that want to move into the 6-8 range.

hace 7 minutos, NBASupes dijo:

A lot of teams want to be in that 6-8 range. I should add 5-8 range. It's the hot spot in this draft. 

I think that is because teams are valuing Haliburton, Okongwu and Hayes as much as top 5 assuming Toppin and Advija make top 5. I think we are on a great position to draft a contributor at positions of need with little difference with players on top 5. I would not be surprised if Okongwu, Haliburton and Hayes end as the best players of this class on 3 years. That is why I am against moving up, I don't see any difference.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@thecampster

I am hearing they are going big or go depth. They want to sign at least two vets or trade for one and sign another no matter what. But they want to resign both Jeff and Skal. I'll talk about Jeff in more details after the CBA agreement as I need comfirmation

I'm under the impression he is waiting to see the direction to take before resigning. That based on what we do between now and draft night will determine what he does.

• Thanks 3

Just now, thecampster said:

I'm under the impression he is waiting to see the direction to take before resigning. That based on what we do between now and draft night will determine what he does.

Yeah, this is accurate but there is more to it. Atlanta wants him back so we will see. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes @thecampster  any word on Philly trying to engage Houston for a Harden trade? I know Houston has already said they aren't interested in trading him.

Harden is the Rockets. He is extremely connected within Houston. If Harden never left and got overpaid, HOU would be good. He's going nowhere. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Will will not be getting bad salaries!  This really depends on the final deals but in the 10 man rotation, we would be getting 2, maybe 3 upgrades depending on your opinions. If it all goes down, we are a top 6 team in the East this year "IMHO".

Follow up:  Are these players on 1 year or long term contracts (2+)?  I guess my maain question is, does this leave us with any financial flexibility for next offseason, or this is all in now?

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Harden is the Rockets. He is extremely connected within Houston. If Harden never left and got overpaid, HOU would be good. He's going nowhere. 

He's going be their Kobe. Keep him and pay him top dollar no matter what. That's certainly not Morey's style, so I can see why it wasn't going to work going forward.

Edited by bleachkit

• Moderators

Agree with both of you on Teague, @bleachkit and @capstone21.  I'm just speculating here, but it may be a situation where TS absolutely wants a vet behind Trae (lots of eventually good rookie PGs are garbage) and doesn't want to tie up long-term salary so overpaying Teague on a one-year deal looks pretty attractive.  I think we can do better but someone like Dunn is definitely going to cost more dollars and years.

36 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I am disappointed we are going to resign Jeff instead of going after Dunn.  

I would love to have a good defender at our backup PG.

Yeah, Im not thrilled about Teague either..But oh well..