• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

GSW is a repeat LT offender so I see why they may want to reduce their LT bill. They also have a $17 million TPE they can use to trade for a player on a one year deal, but again their LT issues might limit what they do with it.

yup....they have that but can't really use that to acquire Kevin and their other exemptions are less than $2 mil each.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Back to Boston.

They've been offering one of their lower firsts for someone to take Hayward and have contacted no less than 6 teams. They are looking for a SG/SF, SF/PF that is a 3 and D type. I was told they'd move 14 or even more for the right lower priced player in return. 

Are you able to provide the 6 teams.

Is it a scenario where they trade Hayward to another team as a salary dump for say #26,  and make a separate trade for the SG/SF. SF/PF from another team using #14.  Or is it one trade with the same team?

36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta is highly involved in a number of deals (trades, & potential signings) including a blockbuster where the terms have been met from Atlanta but has not from the 3rd team which could kill the deal. Atlanta is being very aggressive. Very very aggressive. This team is not playing any games. What's holding things up is the CBA negotiations. 

Some teams are not playing games.  

Don't tease us like this. I need details Supes. What state are the teams in? What position do the players play that Atlanta would get? Give us a bit more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

That fact that we are being so aggressive makes me believe Travis and co are on the hot seat.

i can’t think of any other reason as to why we are looking to skip steps.

Or they want to keep a budding young star happy and be in contention for great free agents in the next class. 

That's some thinking to get to Travis wants to make the team better to Travis wants to make the team better because he's afraid of being fired.

3 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

That fact that we are being so aggressive makes me believe Travis and co are on the hot seat.

i can’t think of any other reason as to why we are looking to skip steps.

The FO isn't skipping steps, Trae did when he became an all-star. We need to make him happy and try to win now before he starts being recruited by other stars.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

He is not a lock. Deni is getting lots of interest and interest in Wiseman post interviews has increased. The whole top 6 is a crap shoot right now. I wouldn't believe one mock draft at this point and at least 2 teams in the top 10 are trading out of their spots....maybe as many as 5. There is no saying who is going 1-4.  

Also, Boston got active the last 2 days. They are trying to package 2 or all 3 of their 1st round picks. Boston is only going to bring 1 rookie to camp in 8 weeks.

I mentioned trading 6 for Boston picks a while back..lol

#14 Nesmith

#26 Bane

#30 Tre Jones

Trae/Cam/Hunter/Collins/Capela

Teague/Huerter/Nesmith/Jerami Grant/Dedmon

Tre Jones/Bane/Skal/Bruno

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't think we are skipping steps.  these are the steps.  This is why we worked so hard to have all this cap space.  So we can acquire talent without giving up much if any.

5-star post, macd.  If I liked this post any more I could get arrested in some states.

Keep reading, macd.  Don't make it weird.

These are the steps.  Once you have your engine/star, it's on mgt to build the winner around him.  No need to waste seasons.

Besides, as I've been saying ad nauseum, this is the draft where you cash the lotto pick in for actual help.

Edited by kg01
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta is highly involved in a number of deals (trades, & potential signings) including a blockbuster where the terms have been met from Atlanta but has not from the 3rd team which could kill the deal. Atlanta is being very aggressive. Very very aggressive. This team is not playing any games. What's holding things up is the CBA negotiations. 

Some teams are not playing games.  

2 real concurrent right now...right?

1 big...1 midlin?

okay, the Boston crap is starting to break now.  Expect this to jumpstart everything.  

https://hoopshype.com/team/boston-celtics/

For ongoing news and analysis about the team, check Celtics Wire

Celtics, Magic, Wizards trading up in draft?

The 2020 NBA draft is as unpredictable as can be. Rumors are all over the place, and teams are trying to trade up, down, or completely out. League sources say both the Celtics and Magic are trying to move up into the mid-lottery using their own first-round picks, and the Wizards are angling to move up from no. 9.

The Celtics have offered their three first-round picks (nos. 14, 26, and 30) in trades to try and move up, according to multiple league sources. So far, no one is biting. If the Celtics stay here, Hampton would make sense because he could serve as a spark-plug scorer off the bench. If Gordon Hayward were to leave Boston, secondary shot creation would be needed sooner rather than later.

Storyline: Gordon Hayward Free Agency
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@NBASupes and @thecampster I understand you guys can't share the details yet. 

Can you tell us if in your opinion these are good deals for the hawks? Is the deal that is contingent on the hawks supposed to bring a big name to Atlanta? Or is Atlanta facilitating the trade by getting bad salaries and picks? 

And thanks for all the info! You guys rock.

Edited by DS5
  • Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Heh, you negated all this with your last statement.  The eggsperts touted the Kandi Man as the best in his draft too.  As I said, most nba people are wrong on almost every draft so the consensus doesn't shake my opinion.

Keep em comin', Boyz.

On a serious note, I do hope I'm wrong for the kid's sake.  Kg love the kids, ah.

I remember him being a shock that he went first and that Bibby was the favorite coming into the draft.  Wish this draft's top 10 was as stocked as the 1998 class!