• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

6 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

@NBASupes what have you done to us this year? I kept coming back this weekend looking for another update only to be disappointed. I even went to realgm once. 

Any updates we missed this weekend?

There were some items but I still haven't posted them yet. But yeah, teams have been active, seems like they are getting close to finding their guy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hawks Leak Info - Thread One

renderTimingPixel.png

Hi guys. I’m connected to someone very high up at the Hawks who would know. Sometimes I ask him/her questions and they respond. I have some info from the last few weeks up to today and figured I’d finally share. I’m a regular poster but anonymity is key.

1. There is A LOT of pressure to trade up for Edwards. Ressler, the whole business side, even members of the team (Trae) want him. The basketball side likes him but worries about his attitude without a strong leader on the team. The price is high but Kevin may be a casualty to get Edwards especially if Ball goes #1.

2. Trae, Hunter and Cam are off limits right now. Everyone else is being talked about in various deals, various degrees of seriousness. We’ll see how it goes but don’t expect any of those three to be moved for anything and ignore any trades with them. Yes, Capela could be moved as well if a big deal comes.

3. The basketball side really, really likes Obi Toppin. They think he’s a 20+ ppg scorer who can create his own shot. Not worried about the defense because they think they can hide him with Capela, Cam, Hunter. They know how bad the bench was and want to improve scoring ability but also think he could make John tradeable for another wing and keep flexibility. Its similar reasons to why they signed Jabari but they think Obi is better and gives much more than Jabari did.

4. There’s some interest in older guys on expiring (Hayward, Derozan, etc) but they don’t want to shoot themselves in the foot for 2021 because they think at least one big fish will consider them. Keep an eye on guys like Oubre too, same expiring but slightly younger. They want to add one more 25-30mpg guy they can rely on to really make the playoff push but not if its too expensive.

Thats it for now. I’ll update later but those are some of the big ones right this second.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AtlantaHawks/comments/jmpf1c/hawks_leak_info_thread_one/

Just got this off of reddit!! Makes no mention of John Collins. SUPES are you hearing any of this??

Edited by Wurider05
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

Nothing he is saying that I wasn't going to report so he's spot on. I was even going to say Hawks want Hayward but at a certain price and since they are still working on that, no one really knows atm

1 hour ago, Wurider05 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AtlantaHawks/comments/jmpf1c/hawks_leak_info_thread_one/

Just got this off of reddit!! Makes no mention of John Collins. SUPES are you hearing any of this??

Ressler out here acting like Jerry Jones...........

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Not really,  Ressler has a say in every deccision the team makes, you just don't read about it all the time. 

So who's making the final call on draft picks? Schlenk or Ressler?

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Nothing he is saying that I wasn't going to report so he's spot on. I was even going to say Hawks want Hayward but at a certain price and since they are still working on that, no one really knows atm

Hayward? Meh...

1 minute ago, terrell said:

So who's making the final call on draft picks? Schlenk or Ressler?

I mean the owner always has the final say.  It just depends if he listens to who Schlenk wants.  He's going to always give input on who he likes.  Travis loved Trae from day one and it wasn't a secret.  Ressler had to give the go ahead to trade Luka for Trae. 

Just saying nothing is done in the organization without the owners approval.  There's always some input from him. 

Not saying he's running basketball operations, but he always gives his opinion and has final say about things.

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I mean the owner always has the final say.  It just depends if he listens to who Schlenk wants.  He's going to always give input on who he likes.  Travis loved Trae from day one and it wasn't a secret.  Ressler had to give the go ahead to trade Luka for Trae. 

Just saying nothing is done in the organization without the owners approval.  There's always some input from him. 

Not saying he's running basketball operations, but he always gives his opinion and has final say about things.

Well the article said ALOT of pressure to trade up for Edwards...That's more than just an opinion on who he likes... And I really hope theyre not listening to who Trae wants..lol

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Well the article said ALOT of pressure to trade up for Edwards...That's more than just an opinion on who he likes...lol

That wasn't an article.  That was someone saying something.  Ressler doesn't have to give PRESSURE, he can simply say draft Anthony Edwards and it's done. 

Pressure is  your boss telling you they really like someone.  That's pressure to draft that person.  

No where in that blurb did it say the basketball people DON'T like Anthony Edwards.  The concerns are he's from a rough part of town and people tend to believe that because you know gangsters and people who may have a troubled past, that you need to escape those people. 

However, Anthonys NEVER been in trouble and for the most part has been a pretty good kid.  I think it's dog whistling because of where he's from. 

I don't know all the details behind the story, but sometimes you can grow up in a bad environment and not become the symptoms of that bad environment.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, marco102 said:

That wasn't an article.  That was someone saying something.  Ressler doesn't have to give PRESSURE, he can simply say draft Anthony Edwards and it's done. 

Pressure is  your boss telling you they really like someone.  That's pressure to draft that person.  

No where in that blurb did it say the basketball people DON'T like Anthony Edwards.  The concerns are he's from a rough part of town and people tend to believe that because you know gangsters and people who may have a troubled past, that you need to escape those people. 

However, Anthonys NEVER been in trouble and for the most part has been a pretty good kid.  I think it's dog whistling because of where he's from. 

I don't know all the details behind the story, but sometimes you can grow up in a bad environment and not become the symptoms of that bad environment.

Yeah I dont know why I said article. lol. I dont care about the rest of that crap. Didnt read..Im from rough part of town myself.Ressler gIving his opinion is fine....I just hope he isnt making basketball decisions.. Thats all..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1