• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Thunder

lethalweapon3

Look at the scoreboard.  The Hawks scored enough.  Notice:  This wasn't the first game that our opponent won this season.  Nope.  Seems that they have won a game or two other than last night.  They just seemed to suddenly explode.  Story is, this their usual game.

NBA defense isn't easy.  Hawks are usually better with Bruno in at center.  But, every move he makes is usually a foul.  He will learn.  Collins is foul prone also.  

We all agree.  Hawks need a staring center.  Great starting centers are very expensive.  If Atlanta trades with Detroit, we get a lot of rebounds, which we need.  But, can he stop up the hole in our defense where the layup is king?  

:smug:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As usual, at least one one opponent player has a season or career best game when playing us.  Last night must have been Muscala's turn.  When you look at his stats for this year, they are not good at all.  However, last night he looked great.  As best as I can recall, he played at least mediocre defense for us, which is more than can be said for Jones or Len most of the time.  He is not much of a rebounder though.  How about a Jones for Moose trade? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Trae was attacked like a mfer bro. Yeah, those bigs were giving up open threes like crazy, Trae man attacked Trae often and found someone and they found someone else who was open. Trae just can't guard his man.

So how are we ever going to win with a 6'0 ball dominant pg(with no size or length), who's a sieve on defense? 

Edited by terrell

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

So how are we ever going to win with a 6'0 ball dominant pg(with no size or length), who's a sieve on defense? 

Trae has to become much better off ball defense. He can run but he actually needs to defend and play the passing lanes like a QB. He has to figure out how to be an impact on defense even if he doesn't have the tools. Kyle Korver figured it out in time, Trae has to as well. Trae can run which is good and he has good awareness on both ends so he's not hopeless. He just needs massive improvement. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae has to become much better off ball defense. He can run but he actually needs to defend and play the passing lanes like a QB. He has to figure out how to be an impact on defense even if he doesn't have the tools. Kyle Korver figured it out in time, Trae has to as well. Trae can run which is good and he has good awareness on both ends so he's not hopeless. He just needs massive improvement. 

That could take YEARS...Especially when defense isnt in your DNA..

Edited by terrell

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Plus they can't stop a running nose with John at the 5

Hawks need a starting 3 and 5 ASAP(via trade Or in FA). Im riding with Trae/Cam/Collins...Hunter and Huerter look like bench players for the most part..... Now things could change of course. lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, terrell said:

Hawks need a starting 3 and 5 ASAP(via trade Or in FA). Im riding with Trae/Cam/Collins...Hunter and Huerter look like bench players for the most part..... Now things could change of course. lol

I still have faith in Hunter.  Hunter is a smart basketball player already.  He makes good decision and takes good shots but for some reason He isn't finishing them efficiently.  That will improve.  Right now, I stand by my prediction of Trae, Cam, Hunter, John and a real center as the future starting line up that will make a playoff run next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

We were playing good defense in most of those possessions so yeah, the bigs just didn't want to get out on the perimeter to defend. 

I missed lots of the game...from what I saw our defense across the board was awful...Trae often stayed on the right man or moved to the right area, but the ball was being shot somewhere else and it was dropping...I know he will continue to have to work on D, but where is that from the rest of the team (Cam withstanding)?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

John Collins really isn't that good. His defense is bad and his offense is limited v. quality defenders. Trae setups most of his points anyway. We can get Obi Toppin to do the shit John does plus better defense. 

John will be an all star power forward when LP is fired.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

John will be an all star power forward when LP is fired.

LP isn't the problem silly. John is his own problem. His defense at the 4 isn't good either. It's worse at 4 than at the 5. At the 5 the issue is he's always in foul trouble but truthfully, his defense is better. 

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I still have faith in Hunter.  Hunter is a smart basketball player already.  He makes good decision and takes good shot but for some reason He isn't finishing them efficiently.  That will improve.  Right now, I stand by my prediction of Trae, Cam, Hunter, John and a real center as the future starting line up that will make a playoff run next year.

Oh I havent give up on him. Im just saying as of right now, I think Trae, Cam, and Collins are our 3 best players overall..

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

LP isn't the problem silly. John is his own problem. His defense at the 4 isn't good either. It's worse at 4 than at the 5. At the 5 the issue is he's always in foul trouble but truthfully, his defense is better. 

So basically, either Trae or Collins needs to go? Add in Huerter's defense, and we're in trouble. lol. Cant have 3 starters who suck at defense. Even though you say offense is more important..And I didnt even mention the center position...

Edited by terrell