• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Thunder

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

The average offensive and defensive rating for Paul, SGA, and Dennis is 112 and 110, respectively.  Trae’s is 112 and 115.  Gotta effect the game outside the stat sheet.

You also can’t place the defensive blame all on trae. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, JTB said:

You also can’t place the defensive blame all on trae. 

There’s certainly enough to go around, but I believe in your team defense being only as strong as your weakest link.  The best defensive teams’ worst starting defender is still pretty good.  Good teams attack Trae relentlessly in ways that simply can’t be hidden nor solved.  SGA, Dennis, and CP3 are all around the same size range as Trae (6’2”, 176 average), all standout defenders or better.

I was highlighting the offensive ratings being identical though.

Edited by benhillboy

2 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

In 30 mins Huerter scored 5 points

And I bet he will still be starting

You carry on about the wrong damn things. 

The truth is Huerter has been better than Cam morre often than not this year. It's been just in the last week that Cam has been a different player.  If he keeps it up, he'll be starting soon enough. There's plenty of legit things to be pissed off over. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

You carry on about the wrong damn things. 

The truth is Huerter has been better than Cam morre often than not this year. It's been just in the last week that Cam has been a different player.  If he keeps it up, he'll be starting soon enough. There's plenty of legit things to be pissed off over. 

I talk about whatever I feel like talking about lol

If I wanna talk about Huerter playing like trash then that's what i'm gonna talk about.

Encouraging:

John Collins has had excellent back to back games.  Just got to work on not fouling as much, but I appreciate the defensive effort.  He's looking like the potential All Star we expected this season. 

Cam Reddish - The flashes are showing. I think he should be in the starting line up.  Man he's getting me really excited with the offensive and defensive potential.  He's leaps and bounds better on the offensive end than what he was at the beginning of the season.  What particarly ticked me off this game was Cam was hot and in the 3rd and 4th quarter the team didn't get him involved until it was too late.  Hunter wasn't shooting the ball great, but we kept going to him and others for threes. 

Neutral - Trae Young - This wasn't one of his better games. I felt like he was trying to get his a little too much in the end, but I can understand that because he wants to entertain the hometown. I'm not complaining about  26 and 16 with 1 turnover though.  He's still special, just I noticed him calling for the ball a bit much when we were down 25 and not passing to the open man a few times.  Trae's not the only one. I noticed Hunter did it too.  I just expect Trae to make those plays. 

Bad 

Coaching - Normally, I'm not a Pierce basher. I'm not tonight, but he had some serious questionable rotations today.  I know he'll grow with this young team and will hopefully get better, but I think we do not need to be trotting VC out there for his farewell tour. If he's shooting well, he should stay on the court, if not, yank him early like the youngsters. 

Defense was booty cheeks.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hoped we were past the blow outs but when even Muscala looks that good against us there is not gonna be a win there. Like pretty much everyone has said SGA is for real and Gallinari can just flat out shoot. Real jealous about that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

There’s certainly enough to go around, but I believe in your team defense being only as strong as your weakest link.  The best defensive teams’ worst starting defender is still pretty good.  Good teams attack Trae relentlessly in ways that simply can’t be hidden nor solved.  SGA, Dennis, and CP3 are all around the same size range as Trae (6’2”, 176 average), all standout defenders or better.

I hear ya but I don’t think Trae is the result of the bad defense solely. Even tonight most of the bad defense was muscala and Gallinari being left with open off the screen.

thats when it started to get out of hand! None of which was traes fault.

but on another note if you can hide curry and kyrie on defense you can hide Trae on defense. A lot of possessions trae was assigned to cp3 and if you go back and watch unless Paul has the  ball in his hands he don’t do much moving offensively.

its not all trae...the sad truth is they just can’t defend even at a average level right now but they’ll get there

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Hoped we were past the blow outs but when even Muscala looks that good against us there is not gonna be a win there. Like pretty much everyone has said SGA is for real and Gallinari can just flat out shoot. Real jealous about that.

Moose and Gallinari were open a lot too. They made us pay..that’s for sure 

• Like 3

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I talk about whatever I feel like talking about lol

If I wanna talk about Huerter playing like trash then that's what i'm gonna talk about.

You always talk about it.  Any time he has a bad game you harp on it.  Even though he is a year younger than Hunter it seems like you expect much more from him.  

It is super predictable at this point.  Just wished you cheered him on during his good games with equal energy instead of just giving a passing nod.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

There’s certainly enough to go around, but I believe in your team defense being only as strong as your weakest link.  The best defensive teams’ worst starting defender is still pretty good.  Good teams attack Trae relentlessly in ways that simply can’t be hidden nor solved.  SGA, Dennis, and CP3 are all around the same size range as Trae (6’2”, 176 average), all standout defenders or better.h

Dennis was horrible in his 1st couple of years though..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Dennis rookie year he looked like he had literally never played organized basketball before. He was awful, like beyond awful.

Lol, that was a valuable lesson learned for me. I remember seeing him struggle to turn the corner his rookie year that just left me saying - why the hell were scouts claiming he has 'lighting speed'. I was already pretty down on him and thought he was goona bust for sure. Come a year later you then start to see the skill set and quickness that scouts were so high on. I know the rookies have been disappointing for the most part but just goes to show that you have to give them time. Development isn't going to happen in a day.

• Like 2