• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Grizzlies at Hawks

lethalweapon3

We were due a blowout. We're only winning because we were shooting over 40% from 3 the last 2. 33% of the team was out. Plus LP doesn't call any plays after time outs to try and get a bucket to change the momentum. 

5 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

But but but let these basketball experts tell it, I don't know what i'm talking about

Bonkers wins again. How many times do I have to tell people that I know basketball.  I was one of the 1st people who realized that Durant was gonna leave Russ becuz Russ couldn't stop his hero ball nonsense. And I was told that i didn't know what i was talking about back then (not on here, in real life)

If we go by last year: Trae wasn't really overdribbling last year. 

https://stats.nba.com/players/touches/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular Season&sort=AVG_SEC_PER_TOUCH&dir=1

Post ASB: https://stats.nba.com/players/touches/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular Season&sort=AVG_SEC_PER_TOUCH&dir=1&SeasonSegment=Post All-Star

This is a terrible habit he had at OU he built this year with the Hawks. It's really turned him into a positive advanced statistical player but a negative in terms of winning. It's fair to say this Trae is better scoring wise, he is worse team Basketball wise in general. Trae has a lot of work to do this summer, he might have earned the respect of his peers but he hasn't been a good teammate this year. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

If we go by last year: Trae wasn't really overdribbling last year. 

https://stats.nba.com/players/touches/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular Season&sort=AVG_SEC_PER_TOUCH&dir=1

Post ASB: https://stats.nba.com/players/touches/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular Season&sort=AVG_SEC_PER_TOUCH&dir=1&SeasonSegment=Post All-Star

This is a terrible habit he had at OU he built this year with the Hawks. It's really turned him into a positive advanced statistical player but a negative in terms of winning. It's fair to say this Trae is better scoring wise, he is worse team Basketball wise in general. Trae has a lot of work to do.

In other words Trae is turning into Russell Westbrook 2.0

Edited by Bonkers

2 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

In other words Trae is turning into Russell Westbrook 2.0

Worse because Westbrook got a lot of stocks early on, it's turning him into a star level Stephon Marbury. Trae when he plays like he did v. Brooklyn is the best Trae Young. Even v. POR, we saw a distributor. Trae is a better playmaker than a scorer but Trae wants to score more than anything. All of that, I like passing more is bullshit. He likes scoring more. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Worse because Westbrook got a lot of stocks early on, it's turning him into a star level Stephon Marbury. Trae when he plays like he did v. Brooklyn is the best Trae Young. Even v. POR, we saw a distributor. Trae is a better playmaker than a scorer but Trae wants to score more than anything. All of that, I like passing more is bullshit. He likes scoring more. 

Oh I've noticed that "I love to pass more than i like to score" shit is phony

As soon as somebody gets a rebound look at Trae, he's begging for the ball. Like he has to touch it every time down the damn court and it's honestly getting annoying. Selfish players eventually piss a lot of people off. I just hope he breaks the habit soon or it might turn into something much worse

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, KB21 said:

What exactly were your expectations?  When you rebuild the way Travis chose to rebuild, it isn’t going to happen fast.  Young players do not know how to play consistently in the NBA.  There are peaks and valleys.  Tonight was a valley.  The Portland game and the Brooklyn game was a peak.  

None of the players Schlenk has drafted are building blocks.

Honestly, this team was better last year.

Schlenk traded for three injured players. He is inept.

Edited by Plainview1981

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I got the Memphis feed, so I can't hear what LP says.  Please post an abbreviated "transcript" of what he says.  Hopefully he just says this is a "toss away" game in which no one had it tonight.  He bet not throw no one under the bus.

Not much......

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Oh I've noticed that "I love to pass" shit is phony

As soon as gets a rebound look at Trae, he's begging for the ball. Like he has to touch it every time down the damn court and it's honestly getting annoying. Selfish players eventually piss a lot of people off. I just hope he breaks the habit soon or it might turn into something much worse

So how do you want him to play?

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So how do you want him to play?

Like @NBASupes said. The way he played in the Brooklyn game (and Portland) as a good distributor. Not getting caught up in one on one battles trying to one up the other teams star and stopping the ball

Or he will be Westbrook 2.0 and run people off. Players will eventually get sick off it

Edited by Bonkers
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

None of the players Schlenk has drafted are building blocks.

Honestly, this team was better last year.

Schlenk traded for three injured players. He is inept.

Trae is a building block.  The advanced stats back that up.  He’s one of the better players his age in the game.  I’m not convinced anyone else is a building block at this point, but it’s really too early to make a determination one way or the other on any of these players.  

Trae Young and Ja Morant will be the top two point guards in the NBA going forward though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

Oh I've noticed that "I love to pass" shit is phony

As soon as somebody gets a rebound look at Trae he's begging for the ball. Like he has to touch it every time down the damn court and it's honestly getting annoying. Selfish players eventually piss a lot of people off

It really is. If this team wasn't so incompetent without the ball, we might revolt v. Trae. There is a reason why the vets didn't like him last year. They really couldn't f*** with his mindset. I love Trae offensive talent, no one is like him or close from that stance but he has to realize, Ja knows how to play PG. Luka might not but he knows how to move without the ball so he doesn't appear to be ball hogging even if he gets more touches. Dude gets 30 more touches a game than Augustin and dribbles as much as he does. Trae having Harden last year touches but Harden gets you .414 PPT and 7.5 APG. That's insane and it's why his teammates don't care if he overdribble the rock. He's a PPP generational monster. 

I'll say this, if Trae wants this team to win, he will have to do much better than .343 PPP if he's going to overdribble like he does. I honestly think, he needs to take a backseat next year to Cam Reddish. Cam has to be much better. He has to get double the touches but maintain his PPT of the last 20 games. If he can do that. He can at least draw enough defensive attention to unlock Trae's scoring effectiveness which to me really isn't there for now. He's efficient but that's due to FTA/FT% and extremely high threes per game attempts. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Trae is a building block.  The advanced stats back that up.  He’s one of the better players his age in the game.  I’m not convinced anyone else is a building block at this point, but it’s really too early to make a determination one way or the other on any of these players.  

Trae Young and Ja Morant will be the top two point guards in the NBA going forward though.

He's a franchise player, he needs to be prove to be a building block. Cam has shown me more building block potential in the last 20 games than Trae in two years. Trae is obviously our franchise player. He's our only one for now but he's not above reproach. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Let the overreactions commence......haven't had any the past couple games!

Outside of the usual suspects, most of this isn't overreactions. There is multiple reasons we are a terrible offensive efficiency team much less defensive.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

His defense is terrible... He is small and frail... Despite his assist total, he is often more interested in his stats than winning. He has shown little ability to lead a team despite what he says.

While he is a better individual player than SM, he is tracking more like Marbury than a player that leads a team to any real winning.

I’m not seeing enough from these guys.  Cam has shown some improvement, but Hunter hasn’t shown much, and Huerter looks like a bench player.

Collins has good scoring anf rebounding numbers, but he doesn’t have big presence on the court. 

Bruno.. The less said the better.

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's a franchise player, he needs to be prove to be a building block. Cam has shown me more building block potential in the last 20 games than Trae in two years. Trae is obviously our franchise player. He's our only one for now but he's not above reproach. 

You’re not a franchise player until you lead a team to atleast some kind of success.

While Cam has shown improvement.... It’s mostly limited to some better scoring. Sort of like a good 3D sort of player. But things are looking up. We’ll see where it goes.

Edited by Plainview1981

1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

You’re not a franchise player until you lead a team to atleast some kind of success.

I disagree, franchise player is just a player you can market that people respect. Like you can't market Al Horford no matter how much winning he does. He's not a franchise player. Nique was a franchise player and he never won as much as Horford. Look at Orlando, they don't have one but a team that's complete shit like us (MIN) has a franchise player in KAT. A building block is an impact player that you feel can carry you to success. As of right now, the Hawks do not have that player. Memphis has one in Morant. Dallas in Doncic. Boston in Tatum. New Orleans thinks they have one with Zion and hopes they have another in Ingram. Atlanta hopes they have two or three in Trae, Cam, and Hunter. We don't have one right now. Trae's stats are skewed. He's a lot better than guys like Russilo and Simmons try to make out of him but he's not much better than that either. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1