Official Game Thread: Grizzlies at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

Trae is a manufactured star.

Gift wrapped lots of FT’s like Harden to make him look like a star player.

Well at least its a PG heavy draft coming up. lol. Is that what you want to hear?

1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

Trae is a manufactured star.

Gift wrapped lots of FT’s like Harden to make him look like a star player.

And why would the league do that, when the narrative was the Hawks traded Luka for that bust Trae Young? Makes no sense..

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Well at least its a PG heavy draft coming up. lol. Is that what you want to hear?

That's not even an option but I do understand. Trae really makes you question how bad does he want to win. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's not even an option but I do understand. Trae really makes you question how bad does he want to win. 

Why not? Draft a guy, if he outplays Trae(and IM not just talking about scoring and assists), let his ass walk after his rookie deal, or trade him to NY for a few 1sts... Simple. lol

Edited by terrell

Why not? Draft a guy, if he outplays Trae(and IM not just talking about scoring and assists), let his ass walk after his rookie deal. Simple. lol

You don't let a player as talented as Trae walk. You (coaches, organization) try your damndest to fix him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Why not? Draft a guy, if he outplays Trae(and IM not just talking about scoring and assists), let his ass walk after his rookie deal, or trade him to NY for a few 1sts... Simple. lol

He won't nor will he get the chance. Trae is our franchise player, let's not make this more than what it is. We want him to improve mentally but understand, Trae is one of the most skilled players to ever play in the NBA even as young as he is. We lost Pistol Pete early, let's not lose Trae. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

So keep a player and pay him the max, even though you question how bad he wants to win?

So keep a player and pay him the max, even though you question how bad he wants to win?

I rather pay him the max and try to fix him. He's not John, Trae is actually worth it. Whatever it is, he's worth it. I want to get right what we couldn't with Nique. 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

He just has some bad habits he needs to break. He might cost LP his job at some point.

And Travis if we dont start winning more next season.....

He just has some bad habits he needs to break. He might cost LP his job at some point.

This isn't a lie. LP is a great talent but he's a raw coach still. Does Trae need a coach like him to get to the next level is the question. I think it's too early too say but what we do not want to do is get stuck with LP if he isn't but losing him too soon is be just as dangerous especially since he sync well with management and his style fits our personnel. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I rather pay him the max and try to fix him. He's not John, Trae is actually worth it. Whatever it is, he's worth it. I want to get right what we couldn't with Nique. 

Im offering John 4 yr 85 or so..Nothing crazy. I think Sabonis got 4 yr 80..

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Id rather fix him, then give him the max. lol

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Im offering John 4 yr 85 or so..Nothing crazy. I think Sabonis got 4 yr 80..

Id rather fix him, then give him the max. lol

John wants Siakam's 4/130. While offensively, John is better than Siakam, Siakam is miles better defensively. John doesn't put up empty stats but John doesn't have high impact. He's not worth 10 wins. At his best, I think he's worth 5 wins. I think he got a shot at 9 to 10 wins. Well worth the max. 

I can see if John wants more than Sabonis but Sabonis has real offensive impact and really showed it this year. I am scared to give John even Sabonis money. That's why I am team Harrell. 

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Why do you guys overreact so much after losses?  

Did you watch the game? We looked absolutely horrible, atrocious, appalling. That was a shit show of the highest order, or maybe I should say the lowest order. Some games you chalk up as an L. This was a massacre. 

Did you watch the game? We looked absolutely horrible, atrocious, appalling. That was a shit show of the highest order, or maybe I should say the lowest order. Some games you chalk up as an L. This was a massacre. 

It was bad, but we cant ignore the improvement we've seen recently. Im hoping tonight was a fluke game..lol

• Like 1