• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

As is though, Bruno is the backup four and third string C am thinking. Skal and health are a serious question to me. Not really arguing about who to draft. Guessing you would rather go big and have no argument there. As said earlier it is basically four or five guys in the beginning of the draft we could use. Do believe Ant is the biggest drooling asset to own though. By the way I love Toppin but not at the first two picks don't think.

Skal sucks!  I'm just concern that the Hawks would have 3 players on the team whose best position is at the 2 guard position 21 years or younger and to compensate, we would hurt the team by playing guys out of position so they could get their minutes.  I know LP loves to do it but there is a reason Pierce's teams can't rebound or play defense.  We can trade down for Toppin.  Do another Dallas trade?😎

14 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

We can trade down for Toppin.

OK. Have stated this same thing many weeks ago with planing to draft a PG or that good shooting SF from Louisville with the extra pick.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That was a really good listen.  Surprised to hear about Heurter being on Omari's diet(sic) which basically led to his lost season apparently.  Dang, two of our picks might mess 'round and eat themselves outta Atlanta.

Kirschner wrote about it about a month ago regarding Huerter putting on the wrong kind of weight which really didn't help once he injured his knee.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

That was a really good listen.  Surprised to hear about Heurter being on Omari's diet(sic) which basically led to his lost season apparently.  Dang, two of our picks might mess 'round and eat themselves outta Atlanta.

I don't think it led to his lost season but it impaired his recovery after he got hurt.  Was glad to hear that he made adjustments to that diet in-season.

• Like 2

BR mock from today.

NBA Mock Draft, 1st Round

1. Golden State Warriors: Anthony Edwards, SG, Georgia

2. Cleveland Cavaliers: James Wiseman, C, Memphis

3. Minnesota Timberwolves: LaMelo Ball, PG, Illawarra Hawks

4. Atlanta Hawks: Onyeka Okongwu, PF/C, USC

5. Detroit Pistons: Obi Toppin, PF, Dayton

6. New York Knicks: Killian Hayes, PG, Ratiopharm Ulm

7. Chicago Bulls: Cole Anthony, PG, North Carolina

8. Charlotte Hornets: Deni Avdija, F, Maccabi Tel Aviv

9. Washington Wizards: Isaac Okoro, SF, Auburn

10. Phoenix Suns: Tyrese Haliburton, PG, Iowa State

11. San Antonio Spurs: RJ Hampton, SG, New Zealand Breakers

12. Sacramento Kings: Tyrese Maxey, SG, Kentucky

13. New Orleans Pelicans: Nico Mannion, PG, Arizona

14. Portland Trail Blazers: Devin Vassell, SF, Florida State

Edited by Spud2nique

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@Buzzard 10th overall. He’s not a top 5 guy. 😉 

According to Sports Illustrated and the Sporting news he is a top 5 pick. Spud why do you continue to do this? I think you just like beating a dead horse until it is nothing more than mush.

https://hoopshype.com/2020/04/04/2020-aggregate-nba-mock-draft-5-0-international-prospects-are-rising/

June 24th, this is where Trae was slotted. No one picked Trae's slot right and only two had him in the top 5.

https://hoopshype.com/2018/06/20/nba-mock-draft-consensus-top-prospects-latest-update-rumors/

NBA.COM - 3rd

CBS - 4th

Sports Illustrated 8th

The Athletic 8th

Ringer - 9th

ESPN - 12th

Its also interesting to note that on May 22nd ESPN had Trae at 6th and moved him down to 12th a month later. This means, despite you and @JayBirdHawk best efforts to convince us otherwise, no one had him going to Orlando.

https://hoopshype.com/2018/05/22/nba-mock-draft-big-board-deandre-ayton-luka-doncic/

In a much weaker draft this is pretty much what is going on with Haliburton. Only two have him in the top 5. Its almost a mirror image of how Trae was slotted back then; with the two swings into the top 5.

https://hoopshype.com/2020/04/04/2020-aggregate-nba-mock-draft-5-0-international-prospects-are-rising/

In a nutshell, Trae dropped two spots at NBA.Com and one at CBS. He moved up 8 spots per ESPN and 6 per the Ringer. I really hope you are not trying to say NBA.COM is always close to being right. They had Porter Jr. slotted 6th that year and he went 14th.

Maybe you just like to post NBA.COM rankings to give them some coverage in these hard times. I applaud you for the effort. We have a long ways to go before the draft, I am sure there will be plenty of changes before then.

41 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Spud why do you continue to do this? I think you just like beating a dead horse until it is nothing more than mush.

:beathorse: 

I love animals how dare you???? Yea ok fine, we’ll just wait to find out. 😑 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

SEPTEMBER 25TH - DRAFT DAY???

The draft is currently scheduled for June 25, though that date is expected to be officially postponed soon. The June 3 date for early entry candidates to withdraw has also been pushed back, though the new date has not yet been announced.

If the draft is indeed moved to Sept. 25, sources assume that would mean Sept. 20 would be the date for a Game 7 of the Finals. This is based off the fact the last possible date for a Finals game generally falls five days before the draft.

So when would the draft lottery be?

• Thanks 1

Glad at worse we getting the 6th pick in a 5 man draft for the Hawks to me.

1t. Edwards

1t. Toppin

3t. Okoro 

3t. Okongwu 

5. Deni

After that you got Ball who is trade worthy. So we did good, no offense.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Glad at worse we getting the 6th pick in a 5 man draft for the Hawks to me.

1t. Edwards

1t. Toppin

3t. Okoro 

3t. Okongwu 

5. Deni

After that you got Ball who is trade worthy. So we did good, no offense.

Are they only pulling 2 lottery spots?  (i.e., they draw for the #1 and #2 pick and thereafter it is just by record)

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Are they only pulling 2 lottery spots?  (i.e., they draw for the #1 and #2 pick and thereafter it is just by record)

Not sure yet. They haven't went deep yet. Still don't know if they are allowing the other teams to be in the lottery 

• Moderators
14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Not sure yet. They haven't went deep yet. Still don't know if they are allowing the other teams to be in the lottery 

Under the current system, we could fall as low as the #8 pick.

• Thanks 1