• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coaching!

Peoriabird

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sounds good, but whatever they were doing in the 2nd half of last night's game though, wasn't it.

Trae had an almost perfect 1st half. The 2nd was horrible.

True, but we have been preaching patience and it seems after every bad game we are not patient.  They are just 12 games in.  Not saying last night wasn't terrible, because it was.  However, it was second half of a back to back with several players out. 

This guy is a former coach at some level and understands the X's and O's a lot better than me.  From his thoughts, we are doing things better, just not hitting the shots on the offensive end.  I hope the shots start to fall.

Edited by marco102

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What's 'normal' self?

1st half Trae - yep

2nd half Trae - nope

Besides, some of this falls to LP as well.

Normal self in terms of hitting floaters on a norm, making 3s at atleast at 35% clip, and passing in rhythm  .....

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Different personnel, same results...Poor 3 point shooting, poor defense and bad turnovers

Well if it continues LP will be out of here as you want. Are you for McMillan running the team ?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Schlenk is the genius GM...its up to him to find a competent coach

I wouldn't say that LP is incompetent.   IN fact, his rotations and his X and Os look fairly good.  It's the ego management.   Maybe he's "Lost the team" but when we have good players, they run good plays.   Rondo, Clint, JC and Gallo all looked good playing LP's system...  Clint has 5 double doubles in a row... he's our best player (2 way).   It's just that Trae seems to be more of a problem than originally believed.  Trae is at the point where he should be running this team.   However, he's not.  That may be LP's fault but Trae is a cheap imitation of Chef Curry.   He immolates what he sees the Chef do... but he misses the main thing.  Curry wins.   Curry does what needs to be done to win.   Curry plays within the flow of a very loose offense... and when it's time to knuckle down.. Curry does that. 

Trae is throwing up halfcourt shots with the game on the line.??!?!??! 

29 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I wouldn't say that LP is incompetent.   IN fact, his rotations and his X and Os look fairly good.  It's the ego management.   Maybe he's "Lost the team" but when we have good players, they run good plays.   Rondo, Clint, JC and Gallo all looked good playing LP's system...  Clint has 5 double doubles in a row... he's our best player (2 way).   It's just that Trae seems to be more of a problem than originally believed.  Trae is at the point where he should be running this team.   However, he's not.  That may be LP's fault but Trae is a cheap imitation of Chef Curry.   He immolates what he sees the Chef do... but he misses the main thing.  Curry wins.   Curry does what needs to be done to win.   Curry plays within the flow of a very loose offense... and when it's time to knuckle down.. Curry does that. 

Curry’s team is 6-6. 

32 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Curry is a .500 player at this point dude. 

On 4/18/2020 at 9:59 PM, Peoriabird said:

Thanks for your honest opinion but but my fear is the players are developing very bad habits especially Trae.  Trae take a lot of shot with many of them forced and ill-advise and so does Huerter at times. Players just stand around on the perimeter and watch Trae dribble the air out of ball at times which is a formula for stagnant offense.  Should the coach intervene when the players playing the wrong way? Absolutely but Pierce does not.  He just chalks those loses to "Lack of energy" which isn't the case.  The team is not playing offense or defense the right way as a cohesive group and Pierce never makes adjustments.  The team looks the same game after game.  By the way, one of those players that didn't cut to the basket in those clips was Vince Carter.  He was one of the biggest culprits during the season not the millennial.

This is an excellent post that I think most would not disagree with now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is an excellent post that I think most would not disagree with now.

Nobody was listening to me back then!  I guess they thought things would get better or they just didn't know what they were looking at.  I think @AHF chalked everything up to the big tank to land Okungwu.  But anyway, I hope everyone sees it clearly now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I would have replaced him in the offseason.  He is a young head coach but he should be making advancements by now.    Some are not cut out to be a head coach just like some in the business world are not management material.  He is not head coach material. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Nobody was listening to me back then!  I guess they thought things would get better or they just didn't know what they were looking at.  I think @AHF chalked everything up to the big tank to land Okungwu.  But anyway, I hope everyone sees it clearly now.

I said you couldn't use our poor record to indict his coaching ability when we were not built to win.  Between the garbage vets, the extreme youth and the suspension/injuries, it made it difficult to accurately judge his ability to win games relative to a coach with an average roster.  This season he is fully responsible for our results because the talent is there to win.

The post above from you made a different point about the fact that LP should not encourage or tolerate bad habits in a losing season.  Guess who didn't argue that point with you?  (Hint:  The guy you name checked above).

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

I said you couldn't use our poor record to indict his coaching ability when we were not built to win.  Between the garbage vets, the extreme youth and the suspension/injuries, it made it difficult to accurately judge his ability to win games relative to a coach with an average roster.  This season he is fully responsible for our results because the talent is there to win.

The post above from you made a different point about the fact that LP should not encourage or tolerate bad habits in a losing season.  Guess who didn't argue that point with you?  (Hint:  The guy you name checked above).

You claimed that claimed that you couldn't tell whether he was a good coach or not because of the personnel that he coached in prior season despite me highlighting his coaching flaws.  You also said that you had to wait until this season played out before you made that determination. 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

You claimed that claimed that you couldn't tell whether he was a good coach or not because of the personnel that he coached in prior season despite me highlighting his coaching flaws.  You also said that you had to wait until this season played out before you made that determination. 

You made all kinds of statements about him.  I objected every time you used the team’s record against him.  I also said that a coach couldn’t scheme with any sophistication on either side of the ball with a bunch of 21 year olds and a handful of incompetent vets.  

This season is the true measure of LP.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 1/20/2021 at 11:48 PM, AHF said:

You made all kinds of statements about him.  I objected every time you used the team’s record against him.  I also said that a coach couldn’t scheme with any sophistication on either side of the ball with a bunch of 21 year olds and a handful of incompetent vets.  

This season is the true measure of LP.

Have you seen enough or do you need more data on LP?

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Have you seen enough or do you need more data on LP?

With this season a sink or swim year, yesterday was a sink day for him.  I'm going to take into account whatever we see as long as he is here.

• Like 1