• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

Let’s grab Serge and go in a surge. Seriously Ibaka might be perfect. The only thing that stinks is his nagging injuries lately but then again with load management I forget who is injured and who tends to just play less and sit out for periods in the season aiming for the critical playoff time. 

Serge would be my top 3 free agent big I think.

He’s been through it all with OKC and the Raps. Lotta experience, true vet.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Let’s grab Serge and go in a surge. Seriously Ibaka might be perfect. The only thing that stinks is his nagging injuries lately but then again with load management I forget who is injured and who tends to just play less and sit out for periods in the season aiming for the critical playoff time. 

Serge would be my top 3 free agent big I think.

He’s been through it all with OKC and the Raps. Lotta experience, true vet.

Serge is coming off back surgery though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Why do we want to replace Gallo?   I love that guy and he did exactly what we hoped he would for  us.

I don't think we want to replace him.  If you can get a great return for him, he is the best option to move this off season. 

I'd love to run it back though to see how far this team can go. 

• Like 4

Gallo is our highest paid player. Let that sink in, lol. And yeah, it's not a question of want to move Gallo, it's just following the smoke and making speculation. 

I love Gallo for what he brings, BUT that isn't worth $20M if we can spend that money more wisely. 

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

If we end up trading Gallinari, anybody think making a short-term run at Derozan would be a good idea to replace his production?

Yes. I like Derozan right now if he buys into his role of coming off the bench to be our 2nd unit go to guy. 

Every other times he’s been brought up the last 10 years I haven’t wanted him. Now, it kinda fits. His price and role may be too much though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Don't laugh but Kelly Olynyk would be a viable, much cheaper, option for Gallo. Obviously not as good a player. 

Not at all laughing that slim ball can ball a bit. I hated him ever since 2013 when we got Dennis and the Celts took him and even in our playoff experiences against him.

Lets put it this way. He’s craft, knows how to play and works in the second unit.

5 hours ago, marco102 said:

I'd love to run it back though to see how far this team can go. 

My summer long slogan, with the exception of Bruno and possibly Knight, Goodwin, etc. 

We just ran into some bad luck. Ughhh every time I think about it I twitch.

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

Its just a salary thing and his value is pretty high right now.

Don’t tell this to Stu, he said the chances are very slim. I still say there’s an 18% chance Gallo is flipped. 

6 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Don't laugh but Kelly Olynyk would be a viable, much cheaper, option for Gallo. Obviously not as good a player. 

Houston GM said hes gonna try to re-sign him, so we'll have competition..lol...

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

Only reason we should ever do a trade with Minny at this point is if it gets us KAT back and the chances of that are very slim .

But if i were schlenk im staying away from Minny on anything else.

just to venture off on the impossibles and since we talking about trading with the T Wolves…. I would be willing to do a deal that would SnT Collins, Bogi, Gallo for Towns, Rubio, Malik Beasley. The deal should work salary wise assuming Collins gets a deal with atleast 22 mil per season.

Hawks Starters:

Trae, Cam, Hunter, Towns, Capela 

Minny Starters:

Russell, Edwards, Bogi, Gallo, Collins

Hawks would be betting on Trae and Towns to deliver heavily on offense while as the 3rd option offensively  Hunter  can do some damage there as well and add his pts , of course play top notch defense on top of all is that.

Minny

Minny does  it only if Towns isn’t happy you but outside of towns this trade puts a ton of pieces around Antony Edwards who to me is the real star of the team.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Gallo fills a lot of roles for us including leadership which is important.   But also a great role model individually for players to realize that if you keep adapting your game and play your role then you can still make $20 million at 30+.  The dude was a starter when he signed here and said "I'm happy to backup JC and help this team win".   He'll be easily tradeable after this season.  No reason to be hasty to move him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1