Hawks v. Grizzlies

NBASupes

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Its preseason is always the got to explanation when this team lays an egg. The regular season is coming soon but I guess the go to will be its early..The team has been off for 9 months etc

That was my explanation for being on the game board. I'm not giving them excuses this year. Especially not excuses that easy. Not when it's game time.

I believe the defense will improve considerably with Okongwu and Dunn in the fold.  As long as Trae sets an example for effort on defense as the face of the team I think everything will fall into place in time, including Lloyd’s departure.  

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

The metric is totally pointless in small samples. Even with large samples you need to view it within context. 

A lot of Lloyd Pierce hate in this thread but no one going to talk about our famed "defensive minded" assistant coach pickup, McMillan??? 

Im not a huge fan of the zone we were running -- if you play that it takes a long time to get comfortable and trust your teammates.  We need to have consistent groups of guys in the court together if we're planning on playing a lot of zone, and even then I think it takes time to be effective.  Hope we get there fast because the amount of wiidddeee open 3s in that game was disturbing

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Final

Speaking of Houston, Christian Wood's questionable attitude has devalued his worth by about 50 million dollars.  He goes for 27 points tonight and made it look damn easy against a borderline future Hall of Famer in LaMarcus Aldridge.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Trae and JC are not playing well. If they can't turn it around we are screwed.

It's seems there is a concerted effort to get the newcomers incorporated, there is an uncomfortableness to their play.

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

A lot of Lloyd Pierce hate in this thread but no one going to talk about our famed "defensive minded" assistant coach pickup, McMillan??? 

:laugh1:  I was waiting for someone to point it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Im not a huge fan of the zone we were running -- if you play that it takes a long time to get comfortable and trust your teammates.  We need to have consistent groups of guys in the court together if we're planning on playing a lot of zone, and even then I think it takes time to be effective.  Hope we get there fast because the amount of wiidddeee open 3s in that game was disturbing

Blame a guy that just got here this morning? Makes sense

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The best thing I can say about this game is it's going to be exciting to see Trae fully unleashed! Honestly it's alot of good things I can talk about like Dre, Cam, Bruno did better and Skylar earning minutes but overall Trae should be fully unleashed when the season starts. Like Ja he can take over a game by himself at times and with this many weapons when they're off like tonight is when Trae is at his best offensively. Once they really start defending him the passing lanes open which makes our team so dangerous because statistics say most will average around their percentages. It's  rare players percentages drastically change especially as far as going down.

3 minutes ago, sillent said:

The best thing I can say about this game is it's going to be exciting to see Trae fully unleashed! Honestly it's alot of good things I can talk about like Dre, Cam, Bruno did better and Skylar earning minutes but overall Trae should be fully unleashed when the season starts. Like Ja he can take over a game by himself at times and with this many weapons when they're off like tonight is when Trae is at his best offensively. Once they really start defending him the passing lanes open which makes our team so dangerous because statistics say most will average around their percentages. It's  rare players percentages drastically change especially as far as going down.

You keep talking offense though.

What about the defense?  And not just Trae's defense, because he did at least give decent effort tonight.

• Premium Member

Outrebounded 67-52

the Good news only 11 TOs.  Trae with only 2.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You keep talking offense though.

What about the defense?  And not just Trae's defense, because he did at least give decent effort tonight.

We get too deep in the paint and leave the 3 point line wide open.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Speaking of Houston, Christian Wood's questionable attitude has devalued his worth by about 50 million dollars.  He goes for 27 points tonight and made it look damn easy against a borderline future Hall of Famer in LaMarcus Aldridge.

Wood is pretty good, but Aldridge is done...lol

16 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

McMillan is just waiting to take over. He aint trying help LP...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I wouldn't use Aldridge as a baseline.  He was injured and missed the bubble so he hasn't played in months as well.

• Thanks 1