• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks v. Grizzlies

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So they have to play poorly every single game before you get concerned? 2 out 3 isn't enough? Even in the game they won, Trae had 8 turnovers

Yep.  Turnovers are bad.  Almost as bad as missing free throws.  They did this too.  Turnovers give our opponent an opportunity to score.  Free throws gives us an opportunity to score and, a miss, means we blew the opportunity.

We hope to improve both as the season progresses.  If the Hawks were the only team playing bad, I would really worry.  Second half last night was a disaster, wasn't it.  The first half was good.  Even that could have been better.

This Hawk team will not play poorly in 2/3 of their games.  They will be a mess in some.  But, as the season passes, they will improve - - a lot...

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, aali34 said:

When it comes to preseason, losses don't matter much to me. Wins don't either, I just wanna see how they perform. The first loss wasn't too bad. The first win gave a glimpse of what you can expect if the Hawks get hot. Yesterday was terrible. I wanna see better play tommorow regardless of a win. Wins count in the reg-season.

So no 2-3 isn't enough. 

Did I mention wins and losses?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Did I mention wins and losses?

You mentioned the game they won so I figured.🤷🏾‍♂️ My bad for misunderstanding what you meant. 

So just based on playing well vs poorly, 2/3 isn't enough for me. 

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

If three preseason games after 9 months off and turning over half the roster is enough for you to make up your mind, you should never have brought the coach back.  LP is unproven and this season will write his future or the end of his time here.  Time to put up or shut up for him.  I would guess he'll have at least roughly half a season with that minimum scenario one where the team struggles like crazy.

My guess is we finish .500 or better he stays, below .500 he might be fired.

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

My guess is we finish .500 or better he stays, below .500 he might be fired.

.500 may be hard to reach.  Why?  Because of all our new players.  They are good players but they are not yet a team.  Pecking order has not been established.  Players on a team that have been together for a while will have a much easier time than the Hawks.

They will be a better team than .500 by season's end.  However, this season it is much closer to the beginning than usual.  Without trouble from covid19 and/or major injuries, Atlanta will really be a team to be reconed with come playoff time.

Gotta win a few games early and much more later in the season.  LP has his work cut out for him.

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

.500 may be hard to reach.  Why?  Because of all our new players.  They are good players but they are not yet a team.  Pecking order has not been established.  Players on a team that have been together for a while will have a much easier time than the Hawks.

They will be a better team than .500 by season's end.  However, this season it is much closer to the beginning than usual.  Without trouble from covid19 and/or major injuries, Atlanta will really be a team to be reconed with come playoff time.

Gotta win a few games early and much more later in the season.  LP has his work cut out for him.

Why is the bar so low for this guy? Is he related to Dan Quinn?

2 hours ago, gurpilo said:

First, if we would have trade Huerter for 2nd pick it would have been for Wiseman or Edwards. 

2nd , we lost yesterday to a team that is clearly worst than us, best players are Morant and Valanciunas, equivalent to Trae and Capela, they have no answer for players like Collins, Bogi, Gallinari, Rondo, Hunter.... but they outscored us. Embarrassing.

You can blame coach on this

Evidently they do have an answer....

37 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why is the bar so low for this guy? Is he related to Dan Quinn?

Because he's ours.  Mostly, we care for those who are ours.

Hawks have been down so low for so long, no great star players or coaches want to be here.  Sometimes you have to learn to be somewhat satisfied with what you have and be happy.

Regardless of who the coach is right now, no one can change the fact that we have all these new players and they are not all 100% healthy right now.  LP may be the sorriest coach that ever tried to lead any NBA team.  By the end of this season we will know whether or not he is a keeper.

If he fails to make the grade, I suppose our new assistant coach will move up.  Personally, I hope he does well but I'm not giving anyone a guarantee.  Winning is the key.  If he wants to stay, he must coach winning NBA ball.

:hi:

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Because he's ours.  Mostly, we care for those who are ours.

Hawks have been down so low for so long, no great star players or coaches want to be here.  Sometimes you have to learn to be somewhat satisfied with what you have and be happy.

So sad

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, gurpilo said:

First, if we would have trade Huerter for 2nd pick it would have been for Wiseman or Edwards. 

2nd , we lost yesterday to a team that is clearly worst than us, best players are Morant and Valanciunas, equivalent to Trae and Capela, they have no answer for players like Collins, Bogi, Gallinari, Rondo, Hunter.... but they outscored us. Embarrassing.

You can blame coach on this

Why is everyone so obsessed with who to blame??  Do we have more talent than Memphis? Yes.  But they have had a full year to gel and build chemistry, and the hawks have had... about a weeks worth of team practice and 2 preseason games to run new plays/schemes with all new personnel... after 9 months of inactivity... yall have to be patient.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Why is everyone so obsessed with who to blame??  Do we have more talent than Memphis? Yes.  But they have had a full year to gel and build chemistry, and the hawks have had... about a weeks worth of team practice and 2 preseason games to run new plays/schemes with all new personnel... after 9 months of inactivity... yall have to be patient.

The concern is the same problems persist despite the change in personnel. And then there is the Gallo at center type issues.  He might put Lebron at center if he coached Lakers!

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So sad

Coaches -- especially first time head coaches -- also deserve some time to win.  Lloyd was handed rosters for two years built to intentionally lose.  This is the first year we find out how good he is or isn't.  I also doubt there's a long list of good/great coaches lined up to come to Atlanta, so be careful what you wish for.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The concern is the same problems persist despite the change in personnel. And then there is the Gallo at center type issues.  He might put Lebron at center if he coached Lakers!

Do you not expect him to tinker with lineups in preseason games?  Thats what the preseason is for and he has a brand new roster with a ton of potential lineups...

You should try shedding your negative disposition once in a while 😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Do you not expect him to tinker with lineups in preseason games?  Thats what the preseason is for and he has a brand new roster with a ton of potential lineups...

You should try shedding your negative disposition once in a while 😃

Lol, you must be new around here, 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He looks a lot like Khris Middleton on both ends. 

Cam looks like Klay Thompson lite and Tracy McGrady lite. He's like Klay but can't shoot it like him. He's like T-Mac but can't explode like him. Now, Cam can explode better than last year and he can shoot but not like Klay and explode not like T-Mac. When he reaches his ceiling, oh my! 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2