• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks v. Grizzlies

NBASupes

Off topic, but Halliburton (Eddie Jones’ cousin I just learned, like him even more) uses his length like a vet already.  I’m rooting for him to be way better than Toppin just so Knicks fans can add yet another chapter to their misery.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Switch defense in full effect for the Hawks so far.

This man would be proud

Mike Woodson, New York Knicks Coaching Staff Fired By Phil Jackson -  NESN.com

So will Billy Knight with Travis Schlenk and his love for 6'8/6'9 players. Atlanta lol... I still think/know they were on to something but I'll take a Bol Bol, "Poku" type player to go along with them. Good thing Cams growing lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We were good in the first quarter with our player movement and screens. That Kev at pg lineup was a disaster. Playing small and not making our threes agains Jonas hurt us. 

Grayson Allen and Dillon Brooks are too small to gaurd either Dre or Cam. Idk what we were going for but it didn't work.

This loss might be good in the long run. Can't coast on talent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You keep talking offense though.

What about the defense?  And not just Trae's defense, because he did at least give decent effort tonight.

That's going to come with coaching schemes, film watching, chemistry and players like Dunn, OO, Cam, Dre, Clint, John, Mays,Rondo, Kevin, Mays, Snell, Hill, Bruno/Knight and possibly even Trae lol to step it up. Bogi and Gallo have to and I'm sure will definitely give more effort but they are definitely slow footed.

Bogi, Gallinari, Huerter, and Trae could not throw the ball in the ocean tonight.

Bright sides: Hunter with 22, That makes three games of 18, 15, and 22. It looks like the Hawks may have their starting small forward. Reddish with 12 efficient points in 19 minutes.

Hell of a showing by the Grizzlies. That Dillon kid ate the Hawks lunch tonight. Grizzlies again on Saturday. Lets see if LP makes some adjustments.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

A lot of Lloyd Pierce hate in this thread but no one going to talk about our famed "defensive minded" assistant coach pickup, McMillan??? 

Im not a huge fan of the zone we were running -- if you play that it takes a long time to get comfortable and trust your teammates.  We need to have consistent groups of guys in the court together if we're planning on playing a lot of zone, and even then I think it takes time to be effective.  Hope we get there fast because the amount of wiidddeee open 3s in that game was disturbing

This is the NBA. Zone has no business as part of the repertoire save for maybe one or two possessions a game to throw teams off. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

This is the NBA. Zone has no business as part of the repertoire save for maybe one or two possessions a game to throw teams off. 

Miami used quite a bit of Zone in the bubble, effectively hiding Herro and Robinson.

The Zone requires commintment and constat communication.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Trae won't be this terrible all year. He looks so rusty. It's been a while but let's not forget he was one of the best offensive players in the NBA last year. He needs to stop pulling up from 40 early in the shot clock though. 

I gotta see the game when I get home. I need to evaluate everyone especially LP. He was making a lot of progress in game 1 and 2

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

D.Fox  is 2-16..Whoa...So much for bashing Bogi and Gallo's salary tonight..lol

Trae-4-15

Steph 9-23

Luka 6-18

Fox 3-17

Hield 3-13

Mitchell 3-11

Beal 4-11

Wth is going on? lol

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

We're trying to duplicate what the Heat do.  Problem is, they have an elite defensive wing and a very good defensive center as the anchors of their zone.

46 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Trae and JC are not playing well. If they can't turn it around we are screwed.

I kinda expected it for JC considering the role change but then again, Orlando and Memphis have had Trae number. Ultimately, he has to get a lot better. Ja been looking like a superstar. So has Luka but Trae been looking meh. At least Hunter and Reddish are for real.

2 hours ago, Cwell said:

Dre and Cam both scoring effortlessly tonight without a lot of touches

This is what should put our team over the top. This one two of Trae dominating/orchestrating the 1st unit while Cam and Gallo do it on the second. Eventually. Cam will be out there with Trae and Dre and we can let the Trio of Bogi,Kevin and Gallo shoot it out off the bench with maybe Dunn and Okongwu balancing them out. Of course insert Rondo and Hill whenever necessary.

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I gotta see the game when I get home. I need to evaluate everyone especially LP. He was making a lot of progress in game 1 and 2

LP is an assistant coach imho...Hope Im wrong, but I cant see him coaching us to the Playoffs..Unless Trae goes for 30+ a night...I know its preseason, but idk man..........................

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I kinda expected it for JC considering the role change but then again, Orlando and Memphis have had Trae number. Ultimately, he has to get a lot better. Ja been looking like a superstar. So has Luka but Trae been looking meh. At least Hunter and Reddish are for real.

Luka was shit tonight(6-18..0-6 from 3)..But his teammates hit their shots as usual....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hunter looks like our best player so far tbh..

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

A lot of Lloyd Pierce hate in this thread but no one going to talk about our famed "defensive minded" assistant coach pickup, McMillan??? 

Im not a huge fan of the zone we were running -- if you play that it takes a long time to get comfortable and trust your teammates.  We need to have consistent groups of guys in the court together if we're planning on playing a lot of zone, and even then I think it takes time to be effective.  Hope we get there fast because the amount of wiidddeee open 3s in that game was disturbing

1st.   Nate wasn't brought in for Defensive coaching.   Nate was brought in as a midseason replacement if need be. 

2nd.  Our players have no continuity.  This short season will favor teams that have played together and have some continuity. 

3rd.  We're still looking to see what rosters work for us. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We're trying to duplicate what the Heat do.  Problem is, they have an elite defensive wing and a very good defensive center as the anchors of their zone.

Miami also had time on their side to implement a zone. We've played it for 3 games. IIRC, Bob said both coaches agreed agreed they would deploy the Zone after timeouts.

• Thanks 1