• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No Extension for John Collins

JTB

Just pay the man Jesus. He’s one of our young leaders and playing some of his best basketball. Get him locked into a non-albatross contract and if OO pans out, then we’re in a nice situation. Trae, JC, Dre are almost no brainers in my eyes. That’s your young core. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Trae and Dre we keep Huerter and Cam can kick rocks at this point they can be replaced easily so far and we try to draft their replacements.  Then you also have money from Gallo and Bogi coming off the books or tradeable by then as well to replace Cam and Kev as well if you don't draft someone better by then.

I am so happy you aren't our GM....so happy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Trae is getting maxed, if you want a superstar thats another max contract, capela/gallo/bogi are getting $20M per... and you're suggesting we max JC as well... where exactly do we find money to pay hunter, reddish, heurter, or anyone else to fill out the roster?  We'd obviously need to ship some of those guys for the SG but we still have no space with the starting 5 you mentioned.  I just don't think maxing JC is a long-term winning move.  He's really good but if you want to win a chip you 2 things: willingness to run up to the hard cap and you need contracts on good value, not mediocre to bad value, which is what a JC max is.

Gallo for $20 million and Bogi for $18 million are certainly not good value.  JC at the max is far better than Gallo and Bogi current deals.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, hylndr11 said:

Fuk JC we got a knighthawk 😆

Small sample size thus far.  Better be sure before you throw away a good player.  I hope Knight can keep it up, but he is used too sporadically to get a real assessment.

7 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I do feel like a JC trade is imminent.  I love JC but I feel like we were already trying to ship him this past offseason which is why we dragged our feet and ultimately failed to extend.  JC having no extension and on his rookie deal leaves our options way more open-ended for where we can send him out and even sign-and-trade scenarios.  The writing seems to be on the wall and Schlenk is leaving his options open.  With that said, I don't know who we could realistically get back that would make sense, but I hesitate to write off all the JC rumors as journalists who don't know what they're saying.  Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.  I don't want my homer goggles to shield me from what feels inevitable at this point,

That would a be par for the course stupid move for Schlenk.  Therefore it wouldn't be surprising, just extremely disappointing.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Small sample size thus far.  Better be sure before you throw away a good player.  I hope Knight can keep it up, but he is used too sporadically to get a real assessment.

This, plus he has not been scouted by teams.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The problem isn't maxing Collins. The problem is what we do the next 2 offseasons with Trae, Kevin, Dre and Cam.

Bird rights for Trae and Dre.  Kevin gets a medium level contract.   Cam gets a two way contract.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This, plus he has not been scouted by teams.

Facts. Everybody a star until you're on the scouting report. I'll take his production all day every day, and I think he has earned some minutes in our big man rotation.

Bud ball on that last possession. Thank God Kev hit the shot, lol

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Watchman said:

Gallo for $20 million and Bogi for $18 million are certainly not good value.  JC at the max is far better than Gallo and Bogi current deals.

Honestly, hard disagree from me.  Gallo for $20M is a better contract than JC for 50% more in my opinion.  Gallo is a better shooter and they both struggle to create their own shots well.  They're both average defenders.  IMO the ppl you want to pay on our squad are elite defenders and efficient scorers because trae is going to elevate everyone on offense and get them looks.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Honestly, hard disagree from me.  Gallo for $20M is a better contract than JC for 50% more in my opinion.  Gallo is a better shooter and they both struggle to create their own shots well.  They're both average defenders.  IMO the ppl you want to pay on our squad are elite defenders and efficient scorers because trae is going to elevate everyone on offense and get them looks.

Problem is odds are Gallo gets worse every year and Collins has a good shot at getting better, gotta factor that in as well. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Honestly, hard disagree from me.  Gallo for $20M is a better contract than JC for 50% more in my opinion.  Gallo is a better shooter and they both struggle to create their own shots well.  They're both average defenders. 

Talk to me when Gallo has 4 blocks in a game

• Like 3

I' agree here, while Gallo doesn't have kc athleticism the only scoring jc creates himself is the se Gallo does just getting up on smaller players in the post and shooting over them, john drives a little better but not much for how athletic he is, Gallo just shoots over ppl even beyond the arc, if Gallo keeps up what he's doing i don't think we would be missing much and some nights we.would be better off with Gallo.  But obviously he's a lot older player, JC def is a little better but not where we want it to be 

Edited by hylndr11
  • Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Just pay the man Jesus. He’s one of our young leaders and playing some of his best basketball. Get him locked into a non-albatross contract and if OO pans out, then we’re in a nice situation. Trae, JC, Dre are almost no brainers in my eyes. That’s your young core. 

Gotta be patient because there is nothing to do until the offseason.  Hawks couldn’t pay him right now even if they were eager to give him a 5 year max.

• Like 3

TBSHawksfan, I went through the same stuff with Texaspete hot 🥵 sauce in the other land. He definitely is a bit upset that we are winning. He makes his own threads about our guys purposely trying to ruffle our feathers 🪶, I believe it comes from fear and possibly the fact that Trae and the Hawks are trending upwards and the Mavs and Doncic are doing EXACTLY what Schlenk envisioned, slowly balancing out to a mediocre club.

Cheers 🥂