• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No Extension for John Collins

JTB

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Want a laugh?

Tim Legler was asked about Collins-to-MIN rumors.  Said, if he was Collins and he got traded to MIN ... "I'd find a way to injure myself at the airport to make sure I fail the physical."

😆

Said if he was going up the 'up' escalator at the airport and, out the corner of his eye, saw a dude tumbling down, he'd know it was John Collins just "tryna give himself a chance."

Brad Daugherty was rollin', coughing laughing.

Let us know how you really feel about Minnesota, Legs.

damn.gif&ehk=tSVaN3UQe9hCWEZS2xySLGCHROo

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Want a laugh?

Tim Legler was asked about Collins-to-MIN rumors.  Said, if he was Collins and he got traded to MIN ... "I'd find a way to injure myself at the airport to make sure I fail the physical."

😆

Said if he was going up the 'up' escalator at the airport and, out the corner of his eye, saw a dude tumbling down, he'd know it was John Collins just "tryna give himself a chance."

Brad Daugherty was rollin', coughing laughing.

Let us know how you really feel about Minnesota, Legs.

pick one...I can't get these images from my head:laugh1:

funny-pictures-man-falling-down-escalato    tenor.gif

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Want a laugh?

Tim Legler was asked about Collins-to-MIN rumors.  Said, if he was Collins and he got traded to MIN

But seriously, if I was JC I wouldn't want to go there either - going to such a losing franchise when he can head south to Miami or to Dallas - 2 teams that have capspace in the offsesaon.

22 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Honestly, hard disagree from me.  Gallo for $20M is a better contract than JC for 50% more in my opinion.  Gallo is a better shooter and they both struggle to create their own shots well.  They're both average defenders.  IMO the ppl you want to pay on our squad are elite defenders and efficient scorers because trae is going to elevate everyone on offense and get them looks.

Gallo a better shooter?  Last time I checked, 57.9% is better than 54.7% (eFG%).  

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Watchman said:

Gallo a better shooter?  Last time I checked, 57.9% is better than 54.7% (eFG%).  

Pretty sure he means a better jump shooter.  I don't think he is counting JC's oops and shots at the rim when he talks about who is the better shooter.

Woj pod.  Y'all can listen if you want but the salient quote is below ...

https://www.espn.com/radio/play/_/id/31087675

"John Collins, I think, is unlikely to leave Atlanta," said Adrian Wojnarowski. "I don't think they can find value on a rookie contract for him. They're 6-0 since Nate McMillan took over as head coach. I think they can figure out John Collins' future... There was a limit they were willing to go in negations, around $90 million on an extension. He'll be a restricted free agent. They can figure that out after the season."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

Per Woj:

John Collins has been the subject of trade rumors as he's a few months away from becoming a restricted free agent, but a deal would be difficult for the Atlanta Hawks to consummate as they push for a return to the playoffs. Collins also makes just $4.14 million this season, which makes matching salary difficult for the Hawks in getting a return that can contribute to them immediately. 

"John Collins, I think, is unlikely to leave Atlanta," said Adrian Wojnarowski. "I don't think they can find value on a rookie contract for him. They're 6-0 since Nate McMillan took over as head coach. I think they can figure out John Collins' future... There was a limit they were willing to go in negations, around $90 million on an extension. He'll be a restricted free agent. They can figure that out after the season."

Collins is averaging 18.0 points and 7.8 rebounds per game in 30.6 minutes this season.

ADRIAN WOJNAROWSKI/ESPN

• Like 2

It would be a huge mistake to not extend Collins, I think Travis knows it and ownership too. I think they will get it done and I understand they are intending not to jeopardize team's future. I only hope the situation do not rub or erode the relationship between Collins and management & team. Team is working, he is a great player and we need to keep what is working. This team is already good and is only going to get better.

The situation reminds me Smoove's extension when we matched but Collins is a much better player than Smoove. He is at Horford level and we have not draft any big like that on the past 25 years, Horford exluded of course. 

I don't know if people realize where we are. For the first time since that Mutombo/Blaylock team we have a team where we have top 10 options at PG and C, the more difficult positions to fill, and a top 10 PF as well... and a bunch of talent at the wings. All these players are young and improving and is really uncertain where is out ceiling. In that situation you just sign your 2nd best player and keep a core that is working together.

Edited by gurpilo
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Now I'm worried lol This is a reverse mind hack. When rumors were flying that he would be traded I was confident it was all BS. This makes think the opposite now haha

Maybe but not me. I actually think putting it out there publicly that they intend to match any offer is a good thing.

its about time we’ve seen a National report that says “HEY WE ARE KEEPING OUR YOUNG ALL STAR PF”

13 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Bout damn time they said it publicly.

• Like 1