• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

5 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Trae looked tender in the first half but came on strong in the 2nd half.

Considering this is a 1pm tip tomorrow, I'd imagine the questionables end up sitting.

He looked like he was laboring at the end of the game too, part of why he was so incredulous that the Bulls fouled him in the closing seconds of an already decided game.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

To no one in particular, it's hard to interpret the decision to not give Capela any veteran help as anything short of we're satisfied just to make the playoffs.

That, in turn, tells one where the priority between 2021 player development and 2021 playoff success lies.

Ws have increased in importance. But we're still not in a place where Ws mean everything. Probably next season, but not yet.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:
Danilo Gallinari (right foot soreness) and Trae Young (left calf contusion) are both OUT for the Hawks today.

smdh

Lame. Hopefully, the other guys will step up and steal this game. I know injuries are a part of the game, but this season seems worse than the previous seasons when the Hawks were playing garbage basketball.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Lame. Hopefully, the other guys will step up and steal this game. I know injuries are a part of the game, but this season seems worse than the previous seasons when the Hawks were playing garbage basketball.  

Division game too...Ugh. If Nate pulls this off, extend him right after the game..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, terrell said:
Danilo Gallinari (right foot soreness) and Trae Young (left calf contusion) are both OUT for the Hawks today.

smdh

I knew it. This is ridiculous all the injuries we have to deal with.

I wish they talked about that the same way they make excuses for Boston and Miami being "decimated" by Covid this year.

Starters

Goodwin, Bogi, Huerter, Solo, Capela

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Starters

Goodwin, Bogi, Huerter, Solo, Capela

Gonna need 30 from Huerter or Bogi..

Who's the backup sf btw? lol. Im guessing Mays is the backup 2..

Edited by terrell

13 minutes ago, terrell said:

Division game too...Ugh. If Nate pulls this off, extend him right after the game..

Who do we even have available? lol We're missing like 4 of our top 6 scorers including 1-3.

Bogi, Lou, Clint, Kev? Is that enough to deal with Charlotte 

6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Who do we even have available? lol We're missing like 4 of our top 6 scorers including 1-3.

Bogi, Lou, Clint, Kev? Is that enough to deal with Charlotte 

I might sit Clint tbh..lol. Im definitely pulling he and Bogi if the game gets out of hand..No need to risk more injuries...smh

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

I am afraid that if we don’t get these guys back soon, it will hard to fit them back into the rotation. It never fails, there is always a team that manages to play well without key starters but when they return late in the season it messes up he chemistry. These guys won’t just be able to jump back in the rotation and become instantly better. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I am afraid that if we don’t get these guys back soon, it will hard to fit them back into the rotation. It never fails, there is always a team that manages to play well without key starters but when they return late in the season it messes up he chemistry. These guys won’t just be able to jump back in the rotation and become instantly better. 

I feel like this applies to Dunn and Cam more than the other guys. Dre to a much lesser extant.

Everyone else has had significant playing time with Nate running the show and contributing.

Dunn, zero chemistry with his new teammates.

Cam, zero chemistry under Nate as HC

Dre, 2 small sample size games under Nate.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Im telling you. Just scratch him from the season already. It's April for crying out loud.

Every time he practices, his knee starts acting up again. Hasn't played in over a year. I'll be surprised if he plays more than a couple games, might not play at all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I feel like this applies to Dunn and Cam more than the other guys. Dre to a much lesser extant.

Everyone else has had significant playing time with Nate running the show and contributing.

Dunn, zero chemistry with his new teammates.

Cam, zero chemistry under Nate as HC

Dre, 2 small sample size games under Nate.

Dunn is Done.

Cam is probably on the outside looking in. 

Dre will have minutes available for sure if he comes back.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Dunn is Done.

Cam is probably on the outside looking in. 

Dre will have minutes available for sure if he comes back.

Dunn might be the easiest to incorporate since he has such a defined role.  If Bogi is still starting, Cam and Dunn will be splitting back up minutes.  I feel like the team (and Dunn) would rather push Dunn toward playing significant minutes toward the end of the season and playoffs and just save Cam until next year. This will give us a chance to get something out of Dunn and Dunn another opportunity earn another payday.