• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There are degrees/severities to ankle sprains. 

Example: Lebron has been out since March 20th with a high ankle sprain and has missed 12 games, reports from last week has him out another 3 weeks. 

JC has missed 7 games - latest reports has him just starting on court work

Snell also has a sprained ankle - no swelling for him, so he should be back sooner.

Explain what's weird?

I think u quoted my post before I added "I guess it's a HIGH ankle sprain" lol

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Example: Lebron has been out since March 20th with a high ankle sprain and has missed 12 games, reports from last week has him out another 3 weeks. 

Snell also has a sprained ankle - no swelling for him, so he should be back sooner.

Explain what's weird?

I get it, we want our guys to be back and playing, but let the Jamaal Murray injury be a cautionary tale - he was out for 6 games with right knee soreness, returned and tore his ACL.  This season is a little different with so many games crammed into a shorter time frame, no real practices, etc - I'm ok with the cautious approach.

I would have to disagree with the Jamal Murray example. His torn ACL was in the left knee not the right, which he had previous soreness, and was an impact injury on a drive. I dont think him coming back too soon had anything to do with the injury.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It could be he was compensating from the right knee soreness and putting more pressure on the left leg.  It was a non-contact injury.  Or take KD for example coming back from a sore calf/achilles too early and then tearing it.

Again- I'm ok with the cautious approach particularly with this season's scheduling and limited practices..

His knee got twisted on an awkward step on a hard drive to basket. That doesn't seem like a compensation injury to me, just one of those things that happens. I'm fine with being cautious, but I also think it's causation/correlation fallacy to assume if a guy gets re-injured after coming back from an injury, it's because he was brought back too soon.

4 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Atlanta is not desperate for the injured players to return. 

Definitely a luxury for us thanks to our depth and the production we are getting from guys off the pine.

39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm ok with the cautious approach

Yes. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Definitely a luxury for us thanks to our depth and the production we are getting from guys off the pine.

Yes. 

The thing is though, it's only a month until the season ends. You want a guy to at least get some playing time before the playoffs. Still some time let, but once May comes around, you kinda want your rotations established before the season ends. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Explain what's weird?

I get it, we want our guys to be back and playing, but let the Jamaal Murray injury be a cautionary tale - he was out for 6 games with right knee soreness, returned and tore his ACL.  This season is a little different with so many games crammed into a shorter time frame, no real practices, etc - I'm ok with the cautious approach.

I get being cautious but flat out lying is another story. They have portrayed Dunn’s injury as minor since the day we signed him. Most recently they said he should be doing 5v5 on scrimmage and he is not even listed on the injury report as doubtful. Trae has sprained his ankle twice. We all saw how bad that was. He wasn’t even out two weeks. Bogi had a fractured knee  and missed less time than Dunn who had an ankle scope. I get not showing your hand and being coy about peoples medical information, but I think as long as we are winning they are not asking to be back and the management team is not pushing it. It will back fire though if they don't get our best players on the court playing with each other to establish a rhythm before the playoffs. This team, as well as they are playing now, still doesn’t not stand a chance to go deep into the playoffs if players wait till the last minute to come back i to the rotation.  If they want to shelve Cam, Dre, and Dunn for next year, just let us know so we can move on. 

• Like 4

• Moderators

Surprised Austin Rivers is still not on a team but sounds like he maybe headed to Denver now that Murray is out.   Austin always seemed like a jerk to me but he's a pretty good player.   I'm guessing a lot of these guys will make it back onto teams the way injuries are going. 

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Stephen A touched on it today that a lot of teams medical staffs hold out players who otherwise want to play. I could see this being the case with many of our guys right  now.

Yep.

• Like 1