• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So John Collins, 2 weeks? maybe not

With Knight I am not worried about Collins being out tomorrow.

Assuming Nate plays him 24 minutes or so. Keldon Johnson smoked Collins last game.

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

With Knight I am not worried about Collins being out tomorrow.

Assuming Nate plays him 24 minutes or so. Keldon Johnson smoked Collins last game.

Keldon is a SG sized (6-5, 211) small forward, being used as a PF,

Asking JC to chase him around all game is a bad idea. There is no good matchup for JC against the Spurs since they basically play 4 SG's, but I would think at least if he guarded DeRozen he wouldn't have to leave the paint to guard the 3 point line. Strictly midrange and post ups.

Doesnt matter tomorrow I guess. Gallo is going to have the same issues if he starts at PF. 

• Premium Member

Man I feel like we just keep slipping backwards with injuries... wasn't long ago we were all looking forward to Hunter being available most of this road trip and Dunn seeing his first minutes, now we're out Collins and those 2 and there's still no line of sight for Reddish getting on the floor. Bummed

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Man I feel like we just keep slipping backwards with injuries... wasn't long ago we were all looking forward to Hunter being available most of this road trip and Dunn seeing his first minutes, now we're out Collins and those 2 and there's still no line of sight for Reddish getting on the floor. Bummed

Its never ending. Imagine how these guys feel inside the locker room, seeing these cats work out every day but not be able to suit up. It hast to be just as demoralizing  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Keldon is a SG sized (6-5, 211) small forward, being used as a PF,

Asking JC to chase him around all game is a bad idea. There is no good matchup for JC against the Spurs since they basically play 4 SG's, but I would think at least if he guarded DeRozen he wouldn't have to leave the paint to guard the 3 point line. Strictly midrange and post ups.

Doesnt matter tomorrow I guess. Gallo is going to have the same issues if he starts at PF. 

Gonna be the same thing if we make the Playoffs with Tatum, KD, Tobias, etc....I hope Hunter gets 100%..

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Gonna be the same thing if we make the Playoffs with Tatum, KD, Tobias, etc....I hope Hunter gets 100%..

I feel like this year he has done better against true Forwards. I think the Tatum's and Harris's are more in his wheel house than a 6-5 KJ.

Keldon is a G/F to me being asked to play PF. And to be honest, he doesn't play PF, he just guards them. He is a true wing on offense running off screens and dribble penetration. Keldon is smaller than Bogi technically. That's not JC's prerogative to matchup with nightly. The Spurs are a one off in that regard.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Collins out at least a week. Not bad. I mean it could be worse.

Yep...At least they didnt say" 2 weeks"....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

What the heck is going on with our training staff. Is this just insanely terrible luck or are our guys not getting the correct treatment for their injuries. 

One thing I can say for Trae is he's about the only guy on the team that will plays through dings and minor injuries.

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

One thing I can say for Trae is he's about the only guy on the team that will plays through dings and minor injuries.

I must say it's pretty admirable of him to do that.  Weird how NBA fans hate the idea of guys sitting out as precautions and whatnot.  The golden one sat out a game a week or so ago for "rest" and folks were all up in arms ... but they still keep him in their mvp discussion.

We literally have a guy clearly playing through pain to lead his short-handed team to a road victory against a playoff team and what do we here ............ crickets.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Trae sat tonight.  Considering what Hunter's going through, would you want to have Trae play and end up dealing with that?

• Like 3

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

I must say it's pretty admirable of him to do that.  Weird how NBA fans hate the idea of guys sitting out as precautions and whatnot.  The golden one sat out a game a week or so ago for "rest" and folks were all up in arms ... but they still keep him in their mvp discussion.

We literally have a guy clearly playing through pain to lead his short-handed team to a road victory against a playoff team and what do we here ............ crickets.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Trae sat tonight.  Considering what Hunter's going through, would you want to have Trae play and end up dealing with that?

Yeah.   Trae should probably rest.   this is where it's nice having Lou.   At least he can score.  

And Goodwin should really be the backup point.   I like Skyler but BG seems to have a better feel on both ends.  

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Looks like both teams will be sitting a lot of their main buys. Battle of the benches tonight.