• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

Our injury list looks strange.  Only two.  Strangely enough, these two were drafted in the same draft.  Playing last night against Portland, Atlanta looked healthy and willing to play hard.

Wait 'til next year!  The two remaining are apparently out until next season.  Adding these two back in the mix plus a draft pick makes next season look exciting.  Drafting early looks like it's gone for Atlanta.

:hi:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Our injury list looks strange.  Only two.  Strangely enough, these two were drafted in the same draft.  Playing last night against Portland, Atlanta looked healthy and willing to play hard.

Wait 'til next year!  The two remaining are apparently out until next season.  Adding these two back in the mix plus a draft pick makes next season look exciting.  Drafting early looks like it's gone for Atlanta.

:hi:

Add to that Bruno and his DNP-CD's, and the 2019 draft class is  really having a tough year overall 

• Like 3

If DeAndre does not have "confidence" in his knee, that sounds like he may still be having pain and/or discomfort, or it just doesn't quite feel right. I highly doubt there is anything visibly (MRI) wrong with his knee. Hopefully he can turn a corner here soon.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

If DeAndre does not have "confidence" in his knee, that sounds like he may still be having pain and/or discomfort, or it just doesn't quite feel right. I highly doubt there is anything visibly (MRI) wrong with his knee. Hopefully he can turn a corner here soon.

That's a bit of a stretch, old chap.  The one commonality with knee injuries, certainly in guys who haven't had a history of them, is there is uncertainty upon returning despite knowing the knee is fully sound.

Him lacking confidence could be nothing but mind games he's playing on himself, thus their desire to ease him into play before tossing him out to the wolves.

39 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's a bit of a stretch, old chap.  The one commonality with knee injuries, certainly in guys who haven't had a history of them, is there is uncertainty upon returning despite knowing the knee is fully sound.

Him lacking confidence could be nothing but mind games he's playing on himself, thus their desire to ease him into play before tossing him out to the wolves.

I hope I'm wrong, but sometimes "confidence" is a euphemism. Maybe he's not having any symptoms, and it's just mental, but maybe his knee doesn't feel right. 

31 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Just shut him down and role with what we have 

Why shut him down if he might be able to play? If his knee isn't right, shut him down. But if it's just lack of practice opportunities like TS suggests, then maybe he still has a chance.

48 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Just shut him down and role with what we have 

Honestly, if he's not healthy, this may be the best route to take.  Kinda like going into 'playoff mode'.  Turn the page, allow those who'll be involved to fully focus rather than waiting to see if they'll be in the rotation if Hunter returns.

59 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I hope I'm wrong, but sometimes "confidence" is a euphemism. Maybe he's not having any symptoms, and it's just mental, but maybe his knee doesn't feel right. 

See, that right there.  That's personal growth, sun.  You've come a long way since I started mentoring you.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47rfjc5clpzkwe127t0y

• Haha 1

I wonder if Hunter pulled himself after his return if that's the case. He took a pretty  hard fall in one of those 2 games and it crossed my mind at the time that his knee would be tender afterwards. He also did not look the same, which is expected, but I wonder if he himself was gearing down a little bit because of hesitation, and realized afterwards that if he can't go 100% then he didn't want to go at all.

Interesting stuff. Sounds like, if he is physically ok but not mentally ready, then he may continue to sit himself out. If they are leaving if it up to him and he wanted to return, he would have come back when everyone else did last weekend. You see Kev out there with the shoulder taped. BG came back after on a bum ankle. They wanted to go. Dre would be out there if it was just a matter of playing through some soreness. He doesn't want to risk it *cough Kawhi cough* so we wont push him.

If we can stay healthy, then I don't care anymore. But any more injuries to our wings and frontcourt and Im looking at Dre with the side eye. 

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Oh I see, I just read the whole response.

Ok, that makes it seem more like an issue of practice time vs game time. Especially after last week, we did not have a ton of practice time. But we will have a bunch of rest opportunities after we play the Pacers. 3 days off, then 2 days off between the last 2 games. And if we avoid the play in, then 5 more days off before the playoffs start.

There will be much more of a chance for everyone to not just rest, but get real practices in where guys can play 5-5, which they already mentioned was not happening much due to lack of days off.

With that in mind. If he can run full court a handful of times before the play offs, he will have enough opportunities to decide if he can go or not.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Honestly, if he's not healthy, this may be the best route to take.  Kinda like going into 'playoff mode'.  Turn the page, allow those who'll be involved to fully focus rather than waiting to see if they'll be in the rotation if Hunter returns.

See, that right there.  That's personal growth, sun.  You've come a long way since I started mentoring you.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47rfjc5clpzkwe127t0y

You have taught me so much about being objective and unbiased, especially regarding other teams and players in the NBA. Your ability just to call it strait, without even a hint of homerism, is something I will continue to aspire to. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Hornets forward Miles Bridges is expected to miss 10-to-14 days due to health and safety protocols, sources tell

Bridges is having a strong season, averaging 12.4 points and 6.1 rebounds

Thank goodness the Hawks are already vaccinated.......

Wizards might get the 8th seed afterall.....

Edited by terrell

What I find odd about Schlenk's comments on Hunter is that they almost sound like they are throwing him under the bus.  Why is it that Hunter is saying he doesn't feel comfortable instead of the training staff not being comfortable?  Almost sounds like Kawhi with the Spurs.  Could be nothing, but I'm gonna pay attention to how they word his situation more closely.   

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I wonder if Hunter pulled himself after his return if that's the case. He took a pretty  hard fall in one of those 2 games and it crossed my mind at the time that his knee would be tender afterwards. He also did not look the same, which is expected, but I wonder if he himself was gearing down a little bit because of hesitation, and realized afterwards that if he can't go 100% then he didn't want to go at all.

Interesting stuff. Sounds like, if he is physically ok but not mentally ready, then he may continue to sit himself out. If they are leaving if it up to him and he wanted to return, he would have come back when everyone else did last weekend. You see Kev out there with the shoulder taped. BG came back after on a bum ankle. They wanted to go. Dre would be out there if it was just a matter of playing through some soreness. He doesn't want to risk it *cough Kawhi cough* so we wont push him.

If we can stay healthy, then I don't care anymore. But any more injuries to our wings and frontcourt and Im looking at Dre with the side eye. 

Sorry if I get flamed for this, but I really hope that's not the case. I'm going to be give him the benefit of the doubt and assume his knee just isn't ready. There is just something to be said for old school toughness and resilience. BG and Kev showed their toughness and determination. Kawhi had proven his worth in this league, and was trying to force his way out. Deandre is unproven and on his rookie deal. Come on son. Play ball. We are about to be in our first play off run in years and you have a chance to showcase yourself on a big stage and help the win. The stuff about practice time doesn't fly. We have seen other guys come back with minimal practice, including Bogi off a significant injury. They need to sit down and have a talk with Dre. If he says his knee feels fine, but he says he's not ready. Well why aren't your ready? Are you worried your knee is going to start hurting again? Are you worried you aren't going to play well? What's the deal? The season is quickly winding down. Time to put on the big boy pants.