• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Good news is, if we can avoid the play in tournament, that gives us almost a full week bye to get rest (and Covid restrictions relaxed).

Our last game is the 16th

The play in games are the 18th-21st.

Our last game is against the Rockets. Before that its the 13th against the Magic. That means we have only 1 game the entire week before the playoffs start, and depending on if we take care of business, we very well may rest guys that last game against the Rockets.

Compare that with say, the Knicks who finish the season with 3 games in 4 days all against playoff teams jockeying for position. They will spend much more energy to close the year.

Another scheduling perk I noticed. After our game on Thursday the 6th against the Pacers , we will spend the rest of the season in Atlanta. That's a full 2 weeks at home with no travel and potentially time off if we avoid  the play in.

We may get more rest and practice time over the last two weeks of the season than we had all year long. 

Let's win out and wrap this thing up. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Good news is, if we can avoid the play in tournament, that gives us almost a full week bye to get rest (and Covid restrictions relaxed).

Our last game is the 16th

The play in games are the 18th-21st.

Our last game is against the Rockets. Before that its the 13th against the Magic. That means we have only 1 game the entire week before the playoffs start, and depending on if we take care of business, we very well may rest guys that last game against the Rockets.

Compare that with say, the Knicks who finish the season with 3 games in 4 days all against playoff teams jockeying for position. They will spend much more energy to close the year.

Another scheduling perk I noticed. After our game on Thursday the 6th against the Pacers , we will spend the rest of the season in Atlanta. That's a full 2 weeks at home with no travel and potentially time off if we avoid  the play in.

We may get more rest and practice time over the last two weeks of the season than we had all year long. 

Another advantage is the top two seeds will have to play winners of the play in games. Whoever wins the play in games will be hot going into the first round of the playoffs. Imagine an angry Russ facing the Nets in the first round. He will be like “oh y’all just gone leave me ou?” And proceed to bust heads. Also, Charlotte will likely have their full squad and will face the sixers with a full head of steam.  

54 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Another advantage is the top two seeds will have to play winners of the play in games. Whoever wins the play in games will be hot going into the first round of the playoffs. Imagine an angry Russ facing the Nets in the first round. He will be like “oh y’all just gone leave me ou?” And proceed to bust heads. Also, Charlotte will likely have their full squad and will face the sixers with a full head of steam.  

That too. The Wiz are the hottest/2nd hottest team in the East. They will give problems to whoever they face. 

Too bad the only team hotter than them are the Knicks, who we will likely face lol

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

That too. The Wiz are the hottest/2nd hottest team in the East. They will give problems to whoever they face. 

Too bad the only team hotter than them are the Knicks, who we will likely face lol

Knicks have a brutal road stand coming up, we might be able to pick up a couple games on them.

22 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Knicks have a brutal road stand coming up, we might be able to pick up a couple games on them.

Facts, but I doubt its enough to knock them out of the 4/5 matchup. We are playing to win homecourt, but that series is pretty much set unless we fall back to 6th. I cant see Boston or Miami catching NY unless they fall off big time.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

If we win against Portland, our chances go way up to finish with a better record than NY.  Boston has a similar schedule as us where most of their games are at home. I think Boston gets the 5th seed. It will be nice to have our non allstars send two allstars home in the 1st round. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Facts, but I doubt its enough to knock them out of the 4/5 matchup. We are playing to win homecourt, but that series is pretty much set unless we fall back to 6th. I cant see Boston or Miami catching NY unless they fall off big time.

Their schedule is so brutal, and then they finish vs Boston.  The winner of that game owns the tie breaker for the season.  Boston could be a game behind NY and pass them by winning the finale.  

Anything is possible even with NY up by a couple games now.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Yup, if they cool off at all they could drop a couple of spots in the standings in the bat of an eye. Though same thing is true for everyone else in that 4-7 range including us.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I wonder if they are saving De'Andre, or if his knee is acting up again. I get the feeling his knee must have been acting up again. 

It's not worth it to save him now, when he needs to get in game shape and build chemistry. He must actually be hurt.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

It's not worth it to save him now, when he needs to get in game shape and build chemistry. He must actually be hurt.

That's my guess as well. He was practicing earlier this week, and Schlenk said he would be back. So I get the feeling he had a set back. Schlenk gets interviewed tomorrow, hopefully he will address it.

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Want to hear something about Hunter.   The end of last week is really lasting forever. 

I'm scared to hear anything on him at this point.  I feel like it's gonna be bad news.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm scared to hear anything on him at this point.  I feel like it's gonna be bad news.

They filpped Hunter and Dunn. I thought I'd see one of them and not the other. Didn't know it was Hunter who would mysteriously disappear 

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

They filpped Hunter and Dunn. I thought I'd see one of them and not the other. Didn't know it was Hunter who would mysteriously disappear 

Just shut him down at this point.  If we win a title, we can do it with what we got. 😎