• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

So maybe the indeterminant timelines is just a Hawk thing.  How'd i'd love to see something like this for our guys

I think it's dependent on the injury.  I'm seeing enough 'will be reevaluated in 2 weeks' around the league. Example: KD is now out indefinitely with a hamstring injury after it was 'he'll miss 2 games'

I was reading an article the other day, that teams are getting reluctant to give specific return dates since players tend to focus on a specific date in lieu of going thru the rehab process outlined by the team.

Just to note: Jaren Jackson Jr  for the Griz, has been out with a torn meniscus since last August from the bubble.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think it's dependent on the injury.  I'm seeing enough 'will be reevaluated in 2 weeks' around the league. Example: KD is now out indefinitely with a hamstring injury after it was 'he'll miss 2 games'

I was reading an article the other day, that teams are getting reluctant to give specific return dates since players tend to focus on a specific date in lieu of going thru the rehab process outlined by the team.

Just to note: Jaren Jackson Jr  for the Griz, has been out with a torn meniscus since last August from the bubble.

Well this doesn't work with my control freakness.

I'll say this about Hunter.   If the Hawks show no signs of life through March, and we're barely in the hunt for that 10th playoff position playoff game . . I would not be mad if we shut Hunter down for the rest of the season.

If we are in 8th, with a chance to move up to 6th, then you bring him back.

• Like 4

Seriously what's up with Rondo?

Is he a lemon or are we shutting him down ahead of the trade deadline? I've never seen a guy with no actual injury miss so many games. 

It would also be very nice to get an update on Bogi. Seems the focus just shifted to Hunter and they stopped providing any information about Bogi.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This is where we are:

Dunn - Surgery December 29th: last update Feb 17th....PRP injection - it'll be 8 weeks since his surgery coming up this Tuesday.

Bogi - Injured January 9th: last update Feb 6th....we should have an update today - it was 6 weeks since injury yesterday.

Hunter - Surgery February 8th: last update Feb 17th.....progressing to weight bearing and strengthening - it'll be 2 weeks since surgery tomorrow.

Rondo- Back injury and not much else.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

6 weeks since the Bogi injury - where's the update.

That’s what is killing me. I feel like there has been a severe lack of updates. If they had a setback or something that’s fine but let us know!  Don’t want to get my hopes up which given all the injuries I’m less likely to do at this point. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AUhawksfan said:

That’s what is killing me. I feel like there has been a severe lack of updates. If they had a setback or something that’s fine but let us know!  Don’t want to get my hopes up which given all the injuries I’m less likely to do at this point. 

They've been doing updates every 2 weeks or so. So Bogi's should have been yesterday. I expect it today.

18 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'll say this about Hunter.   If the Hawks show no signs of life through March, and we're barely in the hunt for that 10th playoff position playoff game . . I would not be mad if we shut Hunter down for the rest of the season.

If we are in 8th, with a chance to move up to 6th, then you bring him back.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say we were tanking already.... Schlenk wants another high lottery pick in a deep draft, since Last years draft sucked(for us so far at least)...Why else would we be starting Cam and Huerter together, and taking out Capela for Gallo at the end of games night after night?  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

If I didn't know any better, I'd say we were tanking already.... Schlenk wants another high lottery pick in a deep draft, since Last years draft sucked(for us so far at least)...Why else would we be starting Cam and Huerter together, and taking out Capela for Gallo at the end of games night after night?  

LOL!